LH Surge Detected on OPK 3 Days After Trigger

LH Surge Detected on OPK 3 Days After Trigger

July 24th, 2012, 2:08 am #1

I'm so sorry for all of my questions lately but you ladies have been spoiling me with your impressive, vast knowledge.

I did my trigger shot last Friday night (8 PM Central) and had the IUI yesterday morning at 10:00. I was curious and tested for an LH surge using the Clearblue smiley face kit tonight. Yep, got a smile.

Does anyone know what would cause this? I've already told my DH to "get ready" again when he gets home tonight. Ha, ha!

Thanks for any info!

AJ
AJ

July 24th, 2012, 3:37 am #2

I think that whatever was in the trigger that caused you to surge is still in your system and therefore registering a "false" positive on the OPK. A few cycles back I did a trigger shot and I was concerned about whether I did it correctly or not so I took an HPT to be sure. It registered positive immediately so I knew the HCG was in my system. From what I understand OPKs can read HCG like it reads LH so it can show positive if you have enough HCG in your system. Good luck!

AJ
AJ

July 24th, 2012, 3:40 am #3

July 24th, 2012, 3:42 am #4

I think that whatever was in the trigger that caused you to surge is still in your system and therefore registering a "false" positive on the OPK. A few cycles back I did a trigger shot and I was concerned about whether I did it correctly or not so I took an HPT to be sure. It registered positive immediately so I knew the HCG was in my system. From what I understand OPKs can read HCG like it reads LH so it can show positive if you have enough HCG in your system. Good luck!
Thank you so much for the explanation, AJ! That completely makes sense. I was getting worried that I hadn't ovulated already. You have eased my mind and I greatly appreciate that!

AJ
AJ

July 24th, 2012, 3:44 am #5

Sorry- I meant OPK instead of HPT nt.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 24th, 2012, 3:46 am #6

Thank you so much for the explanation, AJ! That completely makes sense. I was getting worried that I hadn't ovulated already. You have eased my mind and I greatly appreciate that!
Oh you're welcome:). It's so stressful to be comfortable knowing that we've done everything right and that our bodies are doing what thy are suppose to do!

July 24th, 2012, 3:47 am #7