Leftover IVF Meds

Leftover IVF Meds

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 25th, 2011, 3:58 am #1

Hey, Ladies!

I used to post a lot here several months ago. I ended up going to Schoolcraft/CCRM and had a great cycle (for me!) we have 5 frozen embies and will be doing a FET in October! I had 4 cancelled cycles with Check, but bit th bullet and went to Schoolie in Denver...SOOOO GLAD I DID! We got to a retrieval of 7 follies!!!

I have leftover meds that I'm want to sell to help offset some of these ridiculous costs! All meds expire in 2012

Several unopened boxes of bravelle: $125 a box
2 unopened syringes of Lovenox: $25 each
5 Endometrin Vaginal Inserts with applicators: $20
1 Box of 0.25 Cetrotide which has been refrigerated: $40
900iu Gonal F Pen...I have used 150iu: $100

Email me if interested: mamamorg@gmail.com

September 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm #2

you can't sell your drugs. give them to the clinic.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 25th, 2011, 1:28 pm #3

I think some clinics do take leftover meds and give them to other patients, but it isn't legal.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 25th, 2011, 4:43 pm #4

Hey, Ladies!

I used to post a lot here several months ago. I ended up going to Schoolcraft/CCRM and had a great cycle (for me!) we have 5 frozen embies and will be doing a FET in October! I had 4 cancelled cycles with Check, but bit th bullet and went to Schoolie in Denver...SOOOO GLAD I DID! We got to a retrieval of 7 follies!!!

I have leftover meds that I'm want to sell to help offset some of these ridiculous costs! All meds expire in 2012

Hi...it sounds like you had a great cycle at CCRM. Did you also do genetic testing? May I ask what protocol they put you on?

As for selling your meds...yes..it is illegal. However...at your own risk...people do sell them on the fertility board at topix.com and on the freegaragesale website as well as the sharedjourney bulletin board.

AJ
AJ

September 25th, 2011, 6:02 pm #5

Hey, Ladies!

I'm debating mini-ivf with Check to bank embies. CCRM is in my backyard and I'd love to go with them but because they're so expensive I wouldn't be able to do more than 1 cycle. Can I ask you a couple questions?

What was your highest FSH?
How was CCRM's protocol different from Cooper?
And if you don't mind, how old are you?

Congrats on having such a great cycle! I really hope it works for you!!

Sara Q
Sara Q

September 25th, 2011, 7:07 pm #6

Hey, Ladies!

So excited for you! I remember when you posted a few months ago. Can you remind us again what your stats were? (AMH, FSH, age?) And what protocol did you do with Dr. Schoolcraft?

I just started my stim meds for my upcoming cycle at CCRM with Schoolie yesterday. I'm nervous but excited. We are planning on doing CCS (Comprehensive Choromos. Screening) with an FET. Did you do CCS as well Mamamorg?

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 25th, 2011, 9:11 pm #7

Hi...it sounds like you had a great cycle at CCRM. Did you also do genetic testing? May I ask what protocol they put you on?

As for selling your meds...yes..it is illegal. However...at your own risk...people do sell them on the fertility board at topix.com and on the freegaragesale website as well as the sharedjourney bulletin board.
I realize it's illegal and "at your own risk"...I have had very good luck in selling and buying fertility meds at a fraction of the cost through topix and the freegaragesale.com site!

Schoolie put me on protocol 5 1/2 with testosterone primining also adding in Saizen & Chlomid my first 5 days of stimming.

I was reluctant to go to Schoolcraft/CCRM b/c of such animostity towards them on this very board. However, I'M SO GLAD I DID! Yes, it was a pretty penny, but in my opinion it was SO WORTH spending a ton of money on one good cycle than 4 cycles with just a small investment.

Plus I was on a whole vitamin cocktail prior to retrieval!

I'm 35 years old

Highest FSH was: 11.9
AMH (which Schoolie said is a MUCH better indicator of how many eggs you have left): 0.3 (this is horrible for my age!)

He got eggs retrieved and I did freezing of all 5 on day 3. I have had success with day 3 embies (I have twins that were day 3 embies!).

I'm thrilled with my results. I was intending on doing the CCS genetic testing, however, we chickened out at the last minute (my last full cycle I had 5 perfect looking blasts, transferred 3 and BFN)...

Good luck to all of you!

mamamorg
mamamorg

September 25th, 2011, 9:18 pm #8

So excited for you! I remember when you posted a few months ago. Can you remind us again what your stats were? (AMH, FSH, age?) And what protocol did you do with Dr. Schoolcraft?

I just started my stim meds for my upcoming cycle at CCRM with Schoolie yesterday. I'm nervous but excited. We are planning on doing CCS (Comprehensive Choromos. Screening) with an FET. Did you do CCS as well Mamamorg?

Hello!

I was on protocol 5 1/2 with testosterone priming, plus first 5 days of stims i was on chlomid and saizen.

I'm 35 years old
highest fsh: 11.9
AFC: 3
AMH: 0.3

Schoolcraft was pleased with my results as well.

We paid for CCS day 5 testing, but we chickened out for many reasons. CCRM 'discards and destroys' all abnormal embryos and I couldn't stomach the thought that POSSIBLY they couldn've been wrong in their embryo diagnosis (although error rate is like 2%, but still!) and discarding possible babies. So we decided to just freeze all on Day 3 and I'm doing a FET in October.

SOOOOO glad that I paid the crazy money and just went to the best! I sooo sooo soo regret wasting non productive months with Check who cycled me over and over with min stim protocol which didn't work for me time and time again (We were monitoring 3 follies at the most with check! so me getting 7 at retrieval with Schoolcraft is pretty darn exceptional!).

I realize I'm not pg yet, however, I'm further than I've been in over a year... ONE LONG WASTED YEAR!!

Ladies, don't make my same mistakes, just bite the bullet and go to the best! Yes, he's expensive, but HE IS WORTH EVERY DIME!

If this cycle doesn't work, I'll probably do one more and probably will do the CCS Day 1 or Day 5 testing (depending on how it all turns out).

Thanks for the support ladies!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 25th, 2011, 9:56 pm #9

I realize it's illegal and "at your own risk"...I have had very good luck in selling and buying fertility meds at a fraction of the cost through topix and the freegaragesale.com site!

Schoolie put me on protocol 5 1/2 with testosterone primining also adding in Saizen & Chlomid my first 5 days of stimming.

I was reluctant to go to Schoolcraft/CCRM b/c of such animostity towards them on this very board. However, I'M SO GLAD I DID! Yes, it was a pretty penny, but in my opinion it was SO WORTH spending a ton of money on one good cycle than 4 cycles with just a small investment.

Plus I was on a whole vitamin cocktail prior to retrieval!

I'm 35 years old

Highest FSH was: 11.9
AMH (which Schoolie said is a MUCH better indicator of how many eggs you have left): 0.3 (this is horrible for my age!)

He got eggs retrieved and I did freezing of all 5 on day 3. I have had success with day 3 embies (I have twins that were day 3 embies!).

I'm thrilled with my results. I was intending on doing the CCS genetic testing, however, we chickened out at the last minute (my last full cycle I had 5 perfect looking blasts, transferred 3 and BFN)...

Good luck to all of you!
That's just fantastic...your excitement comes through in your writing. I'm using human growth hormone myself this cycle and hoping for great results. All the best and keep us posted!

September 25th, 2011, 10:26 pm #10

Hello!

I was on protocol 5 1/2 with testosterone priming, plus first 5 days of stims i was on chlomid and saizen.

I'm 35 years old
highest fsh: 11.9
AFC: 3
AMH: 0.3

Schoolcraft was pleased with my results as well.

We paid for CCS day 5 testing, but we chickened out for many reasons. CCRM 'discards and destroys' all abnormal embryos and I couldn't stomach the thought that POSSIBLY they couldn've been wrong in their embryo diagnosis (although error rate is like 2%, but still!) and discarding possible babies. So we decided to just freeze all on Day 3 and I'm doing a FET in October.

SOOOOO glad that I paid the crazy money and just went to the best! I sooo sooo soo regret wasting non productive months with Check who cycled me over and over with min stim protocol which didn't work for me time and time again (We were monitoring 3 follies at the most with check! so me getting 7 at retrieval with Schoolcraft is pretty darn exceptional!).

I realize I'm not pg yet, however, I'm further than I've been in over a year... ONE LONG WASTED YEAR!!

Ladies, don't make my same mistakes, just bite the bullet and go to the best! Yes, he's expensive, but HE IS WORTH EVERY DIME!

If this cycle doesn't work, I'll probably do one more and probably will do the CCS Day 1 or Day 5 testing (depending on how it all turns out).

Thanks for the support ladies!
Thanks mamamorg - I believe you stopped briefly on the secondary board and I remember you. I was wondering how you fared out there with Schoolcraft. We are also at the point where we are considering a mini-stim with Check but have some reservations.

Do you still get regular AF? I am also 35 with AFC of 3 but FSH of 20. However I am not getting AF on a regular basis. Would you be willing to give me a rough estimate of the costs for CCRM? If you are most comfortable you can email me at rlhouck2002 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Or we may still be connected via fb. I'd be happy to send you a message there. Thanks in advance. We can't overlook all our options at this point. And a FET sounds interesting.

Thanks again mamamorg and best of luck to you next month!