Latest visit: looks good so far..

Latest visit: looks good so far..

Sara H
Sara H

October 5th, 2011, 3:14 pm #1

Here were the day 9 stats... for those keeping score at home!

FSH-7, E2-36, P4-0.3, LH-4 Lining was 9 tl,

there are two follicles; one at 12.7 and the other 10.7

I have started Menapur injections and I go back on Friday to see where we are. That should raise my e2 levels, since those are low at this point (according to the nurses).

So, very close to last month's numbers only no cyst this time, thank goodness. (Follicles are on the other side than the cyst was.) I'd love to keep both follicles but usually one drops out of the race in the next few days...we'll see! I know all looks good now but we have been here before, with everything looking great, and it's never worked. Yet this time is just a little better than last, so I am cautiously optimistic?

Thank you all for listening and watching out for me!

Sara H.

PS- One of the ultrasound techs, who I love, says to me, "Why aren't you pg yet?" and I said, "Good question, why ARN'T I pg yet?" she laughed and said "Yes, million dollar question!" and I laughed and said, "Nope, we are way out before a million!" I like that they are optimistic with me, it gives me hope. If they were looking around in there and saying "I don't know, maybe next month.." I think I'd know I was done!

bigboy
bigboy

October 5th, 2011, 3:22 pm #2

looks great! i love everything. my e2 was 38 on cd 10 on the cycle with my son.

Tanya
Tanya

October 5th, 2011, 3:23 pm #3

I have started Menapur injections and I go back on Friday to see where we are. That should raise my e2 levels, since those are low at this point (according to the nurses).

So, very close to last month's numbers only no cyst this time, thank goodness. (Follicles are on the other side than the cyst was.) I'd love to keep both follicles but usually one drops out of the race in the next few days...we'll see! I know all looks good now but we have been here before, with everything looking great, and it's never worked. Yet this time is just a little better than last, so I am cautiously optimistic?

Sara H.

PS- One of the ultrasound techs, who I love, says to me, "Why aren't you pg yet?" and I said, "Good question, why ARN'T I pg yet?" she laughed and said "Yes, million dollar question!" and I laughed and said, "Nope, we are way out before a million!" I like that they are optimistic with me, it gives me hope. If they were looking around in there and saying "I don't know, maybe next month.." I think I'd know I was done!
I know I don't post often but I certainly keep my eye on how you are doing Your stats look great this month Sara! keeping my fingers crossed for you

Sara H
Sara H

October 5th, 2011, 3:46 pm #4

Thanks! How are you? We miss you!
Hugs to you and I hope all is very well!

Sara H

Sara H
Sara H

October 5th, 2011, 4:00 pm #5

looks great! i love everything. my e2 was 38 on cd 10 on the cycle with my son.
It seems with me that all my issues are directly related to an odd drop of estrogen that started a couple of years ago and, oddly, was first noticed by my eye Dr.! (He was giving me my eye exam five years ago, just before I get married, and made a comment about how my estrogen was dropping, that he could tell from my lips. Umm, I know that sounds odd but I have known him since I was 4 and he's a good friend of the family! He then said I should have it checked but, to be honest, I thought it was just getting older stuff and when I mentioned it to my gyno. she kind of blew it off. Ahh, hind-sight, always 20/20!)

As soon as Dr. Check has helped my estrogen levels with the two quick doses of, I can't remember the name, fancy estrogen with a y in it. Plus the e2 I take in the 2ww now my numbers have totally gotten normal. Even the month I took nothing, the next month was good. Now, that said, there could (and must be) other issues since we have never gotten a positive, but it is still interesting to note!

Hugs to you and hope you are feeling better!
Sara H

Anna (waiting26)
Anna (waiting26)

October 5th, 2011, 4:36 pm #6

Sara H.

i am glad for you, is this an IVf or natural cycle? either way i wish you the best of best of best of luck.

AJ
AJ

October 5th, 2011, 5:19 pm #7

Sara H.

It's awesome how your FSH level has stayed so low over the last few cycles. And yay! for no cyst!

October 5th, 2011, 6:41 pm #8

Sara H.

I don't know anything about the tests you've mentioned, except fsh and e2, but it sounds like good news! Try to stay relaxed!

bigboy
bigboy

October 5th, 2011, 6:56 pm #9

It seems with me that all my issues are directly related to an odd drop of estrogen that started a couple of years ago and, oddly, was first noticed by my eye Dr.! (He was giving me my eye exam five years ago, just before I get married, and made a comment about how my estrogen was dropping, that he could tell from my lips. Umm, I know that sounds odd but I have known him since I was 4 and he's a good friend of the family! He then said I should have it checked but, to be honest, I thought it was just getting older stuff and when I mentioned it to my gyno. she kind of blew it off. Ahh, hind-sight, always 20/20!)

As soon as Dr. Check has helped my estrogen levels with the two quick doses of, I can't remember the name, fancy estrogen with a y in it. Plus the e2 I take in the 2ww now my numbers have totally gotten normal. Even the month I took nothing, the next month was good. Now, that said, there could (and must be) other issues since we have never gotten a positive, but it is still interesting to note!

Hugs to you and hope you are feeling better!
Sara H
that is so cool about your eye doctor!! how can they tell?? that's crazy! and yeah, big shocker the OB would blow it off. id rather have a lowish e2 in the beginning than an elevated e2. i dont even know if that's correct thinking but ive just been trained to think "elevated e2 surpressed the FSH elevated e2 surpressed the FSH".
keep us posted : )

Sara H
Sara H

October 5th, 2011, 10:59 pm #10

I don't know anything about the tests you've mentioned, except fsh and e2, but it sounds like good news! Try to stay relaxed!
I am trying to be hopeful!
(But, as always, not too much... yip, same roller coaster, different car!)

AJ- I know, very pleased about the cyst being gone! The whole E2 thing has me so confused... one thing could be causing all these problems? And, it was so easily adjusted? And, my old RE I was with FOR A YEAR never tried this? Grrrr....

Anna, nope, natural cycle... ironically my one IVF cycle I only had one follicle! But, often I have two at this stage and one disappears and one takes over.

Laura: (If you know all this my apologies, just skip!)
those are the blood levels:
So FSH you know, Follicle Stimulating Hormone. Starts low and goes up until mid-cycle.
LH = Luteinizing Hormone, that makes you ovulate so you want it low at first while things are growing then to spike to make you ovulate
E2 = Estradiol or estrogen. that starts low and then goes up as the follicle grows.
P4 = Progesterone. That should be nonexistent until after you ovulate and the empty follicle causes the P4 to rise. Lots of us have low P4 after ovulation so we are given extra. Sometime just that can help people get PG!

Lining is the uterus lining. Just after your period it should be very thin and build up over the cycle.

These number can really tell you right where you are in your cycle once you get things going a bit normally.

Hope that helps!