Laproscapy question

Laproscapy question

jmassage
jmassage

April 2nd, 2012, 12:00 am #1

Hi Ladies,
I just had a lap/hyteroscopy on Thu. I'm sure all this is quite normal, but I'm having alot of residual gas leftover from the procedure. Pain in shoulder and ribcage. Walking around and talking too long bothers it, but yet I'm having a hard time getting comfy laying down. I have also been nauseous and not had much of an appetite the last couple days. I stopped taking pain meds yesterday because they keep me awake and constipate me. Can nausea and lack of appetite be normal?? Also have some light bleeding/spotting. I think I'm also fighting off a cold or something so I'm sure thays not helping. Thanks.

April 2nd, 2012, 12:12 am #2

I, too, had a lot of gas after my procedure. The trick was raising my legs in the right height. Sometimes I had to sit on my side with my feet raised.

I think when you're not comfortable - sick or whatever - loss of appetite is normal.

Not sure about the nausea but could be related to the gas.

Hope you feel better soon.

Erin
Erin

April 2nd, 2012, 12:55 am #3

Hi Ladies,
I just had a lap/hyteroscopy on Thu. I'm sure all this is quite normal, but I'm having alot of residual gas leftover from the procedure. Pain in shoulder and ribcage. Walking around and talking too long bothers it, but yet I'm having a hard time getting comfy laying down. I have also been nauseous and not had much of an appetite the last couple days. I stopped taking pain meds yesterday because they keep me awake and constipate me. Can nausea and lack of appetite be normal?? Also have some light bleeding/spotting. I think I'm also fighting off a cold or something so I'm sure thays not helping. Thanks.
I've had a couple laps and always get that shoulder pain. It does wear off after a little while but takes some time. A little walking around I think helps in the long run. The nausea and loss of appetite could be from the pain meds still, or leftover from the anesthesia. I would probably just take my temp to make sure I didn't have a fever if it continues since infection is a risk from surgery. Spotting is also totally normal. I would only be concerned if the symptoms don't trend towards getting better over time from here on out. Good luck and sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you had good results/answers from the lap/hysteroscopy?

April 2nd, 2012, 2:48 am #4

Hi Ladies,
It's really early yet. I think feeling nausea and still having gas pains is totally normal.

I just had my third lap on March 6th and it took a good week to feel anywhere close to normal. A couple of nights after my surgery I was extremely uncomfortable with gas pains. I got up in the middle of the night to google anything that would help with moving the gases out of my system. I read that peppermint water helps. It was 4am and I didn't have any peppermint water, but I did have a sample peppermint teabag in the house. By the time I finished that tea I was able to go back to sleep and I slept for six hours straight.

It's not the best tasting stuff but it really helps.