Keep taking supplements or stop?

Keep taking supplements or stop?

Sara Q
Sara Q

May 20th, 2011, 6:26 am #1

Hey ladies,

Do you know if I should keep taking my various supplements or stop after retrival? I haven't taken anything expect the prescribed Medrol, baby aspirin (also prescribed) and a prenatal. I know I'm not supposed to take DHEA anymore, but what about Vitamin D, melatonin, and COQ10? I wasn't sure, so I didn't take them any of them since Tuesday, but thought I should double check in case I am actually supposed to continue them.

Thanks,
Sara Q

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

May 20th, 2011, 10:41 am #2

Hi...there is no reason to take the melatonin anymore as it was for the egg quality of the eggs you just created and unlike CO-Q10...you do not need a 3month lead to see the benefits of it. I would stay on the Vitamin D. As for the CO-Q10, I have seen people both stay on it and stop it in the 2WW. You may want to search some of the older posts. GL!!

JulesM
JulesM

May 20th, 2011, 10:53 am #3

Hey ladies,

Do you know if I should keep taking my various supplements or stop after retrival? I haven't taken anything expect the prescribed Medrol, baby aspirin (also prescribed) and a prenatal. I know I'm not supposed to take DHEA anymore, but what about Vitamin D, melatonin, and COQ10? I wasn't sure, so I didn't take them any of them since Tuesday, but thought I should double check in case I am actually supposed to continue them.

Thanks,
Sara Q
I am still taking (and took during 2ww) vit D3, calcium, extra folic acid, and a significant lower dose of Coq10. I was taking 400mg a day of Coq10 and 400mg a day of the Ubiquinol form of Coq10, now I am just taking 200mg day of Coq10.... it's cheaper than the Ubiquinol. I cut down the dose to a more "normal" dose just to be on the safe side. I know Jamie con't to take it while pg (at least early on) and she made a good point saying how it helps cell growth which is what we want those cells to do in early pg, right?

Jamie
Jamie

May 20th, 2011, 12:34 pm #4

Kept up with the others and dropped the CoQ10 dose way down. I really think keeping up the vitamin D is a good idea. Good luck!

Sara Q
Sara Q

May 20th, 2011, 3:49 pm #5

Hey ladies,

Thanks,
Sara Q
I really appreciate your help. I'll get on taking the Vitamin D asap. Also, should I keep drinking red raspberry tea or is that now a no-no?

Thanks!
Sara Q

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

May 20th, 2011, 5:36 pm #6

I have read that raspberry leaf can cause uterine contractions so I stop drinking it past ovulation.

Jamie
Jamie

May 20th, 2011, 6:26 pm #7

It's good in the follicular stage for building your lining, but stop at egg retrieval.