Jamie, questions about mdl oversupression

Jamie, questions about mdl oversupression

maureen
maureen

April 21st, 2011, 6:17 pm #1

Hi Jamie,

I'm attempting MDL with 3 weeks of bcp beforehand, and I'm afraid I'm oversupressed. I know you said that you were overspressed. How did you dertmine that?

CD1 e2 was 25 - antrals
CD4 (4 days of stims) e2 was 39 - still only antrals

Tomorrow will be CD9 (9 days of stims) and I'm wondering what they'll find. I'm trying to prepare to be cancelled. If I am, then I want to try EPP antagonist next. Gotta have a plan.

Thanks!
Maureen

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

April 21st, 2011, 6:55 pm #2

BCP then MDL with 300 Gonal and 150 Menopur. I had one follicle. IVF canceled and converted to IUI.

MargieD
MargieD

April 21st, 2011, 7:27 pm #3

Same thing as Mrs. A. Converted to IUI. Only had one follicle to show for after so many days of stimming (with an AFC of 8-10).

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 21st, 2011, 9:33 pm #4

Hi Jamie,

I'm attempting MDL with 3 weeks of bcp beforehand, and I'm afraid I'm oversupressed. I know you said that you were overspressed. How did you dertmine that?

CD1 e2 was 25 - antrals

Tomorrow will be CD9 (9 days of stims) and I'm wondering what they'll find. I'm trying to prepare to be cancelled. If I am, then I want to try EPP antagonist next. Gotta have a plan.

Thanks!
Maureen
this was years ago, but did BCP followed by MDL. Had AFC of 14 follies. After 10 days of stims, nothing grew past 10mm and was cancelled

Jamie
Jamie

April 21st, 2011, 10:12 pm #5

Hi Jamie,

CD1 e2 was 25 - antrals

Thanks!
Maureen
Yeah, it was a disaster. I was 36 with 13 AFC and could not get ANY of them to grow.

First sign I had been oversuppressed was that I could feel nothing from my ovaries. I can usually feel them perking away during the month but they were just frozen.

After 4 days of HIGH stims (450 Gonal-F and 300 Menopur) I went in and found that my E2 was around 30 and none of the antrals had grown.

I did 3 more days of stims, went in, and my E2 was now 60 and none of the antrals had grown in any measurable way. This was a Wednesday morning. I was told it was up to me whether I wanted to cancel and DE was suggested.

I saw my acu that afternoon and she advised that I go off Lupron and just stim. I did this and my ovaries went nuts. I felt them working so hard it was like a popping feeling. I went back in on Friday for bloods and ultrasound. In 36 hours, my E2 went to 240 and some follicles did start growing.

Once I told the RE's nurse what I had done, she insisted I get back on Lupron. I said switch me to antagonist and she didn't want to. I cancelled myself.

I've since had no problem responding to stims except when I had been taking too much DHEA, but that's another issue.

Jamie
Jamie

April 22nd, 2011, 4:18 am #6

Hi Jamie,

CD1 e2 was 25 - antrals

Thanks!
Maureen
Maureen, if you are cancelled, have you ever tried straight antagonist (no prior suppression)? I ask because EPP in itself can suppress you. I always had my best cycles with no prior suppression (no BCPs, no EPP) and just start stims on day 2 or 3. Just a thought; hoping things kick in for you.

maureen
maureen

April 22nd, 2011, 6:25 pm #7

I've only ever done straight antagonist, but as low stim. I was trying to do something different. Also, my fsh has been higher, so I was thinking the epp could help lower it.

Today cd9 (9 days of stims) there was a small bit of growth, but they are all still under 10. I haven't gotten my e2 results yet, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Does anyone know of a reason to continue this cycle?

Maureen

maureen
maureen

April 22nd, 2011, 6:50 pm #8

Hi Jamie,

CD1 e2 was 25 - antrals

Thanks!
Maureen
I have approx 6 follies between 4-8. They want me to come back on Monday, but I'm wondering if I should just stop.

Any thoughts?

The nurses keep mentioning clomid with injectables. I have a feeling they aren't used to high fsh folks.

Maureen

MargieD
MargieD

April 22nd, 2011, 6:53 pm #9

Hate to say it, but if they keep mentioning that - then they probably think the cycle is a bust.

I don't want to tell you what to do.

The RE pretty much canceled mine. I didn't really have a say in it. I was so confused and everything. (This was about the time I got the High FSH diagnosis.)

How many more days of stims does he want you do? I mean - is there a limit?

April 22nd, 2011, 7:57 pm #10

I have approx 6 follies between 4-8. They want me to come back on Monday, but I'm wondering if I should just stop.

Any thoughts?

The nurses keep mentioning clomid with injectables. I have a feeling they aren't used to high fsh folks.

Maureen
I'm assuming you are still taking the standard full microdose everyday (20U 2x/day)?

If you are considering bailing, could you call them and ask them first if you could stop the lupron and keep stimming until Monday and go from there?

I know you don't want to waste any more of those expensive stim meds than necessary, but is that an option?

Even if you stop the lupron, it might take some time for your body to get over the effects, but sometimes just stopping the MDL can make a difference. Your body likely would not surge LH for a couple of weeks after stopping it, but if that is a concern you could always take Cetrotide or Antagon.