IVF or ICSI

IVF or ICSI

Lisa
Lisa

June 6th, 2012, 1:31 pm #1

Hi girls,
I need some advice - done ivf and icsi 8 years ago and both failed, when i done ivf back then the sperm never fertilised my eggs but when i done icsi we transferred 2 and BFN.

So fast forward 8 yrs and with a new partner and deciding should we go straight to icsi or ivf?

Sperm good with my ex and good with my new partner - do you girl reckon that the reason my ivf failed was becasue of egg shell being hard and sperm should not penetrate it?, if that's the case, wld my odds be better with icsi also is there anything i can take to soften my eggs out - if possible lol and not make them sooooo hard!

Sorry for rambling

baby dust to all

Houston
Houston

June 6th, 2012, 3:14 pm #2

I don't know a great deal about your situation, but I would say in general, if you have high FSH, you should proceed to IVF, which yields a higher success rate than IUI. With high FSH, there is not a lot of time to waste. I have also heard that it is always better to do ICSI if you have high FSH.

MargieD
MargieD

June 6th, 2012, 11:46 pm #3

Hi girls,
I need some advice - done ivf and icsi 8 years ago and both failed, when i done ivf back then the sperm never fertilised my eggs but when i done icsi we transferred 2 and BFN.

So fast forward 8 yrs and with a new partner and deciding should we go straight to icsi or ivf?

Sperm good with my ex and good with my new partner - do you girl reckon that the reason my ivf failed was becasue of egg shell being hard and sperm should not penetrate it?, if that's the case, wld my odds be better with icsi also is there anything i can take to soften my eggs out - if possible lol and not make them sooooo hard!

Sorry for rambling

baby dust to all
ICSI is done during the process of IVF. You can do ICSI with IVF, but not without it. So it's not really IVF OR ICSI. It's IVF AND ICSI or not??

Laura
Laura

June 7th, 2012, 3:16 am #4

Hi girls,

Sorry for rambling

baby dust to all
I don't know anything about IVF or IUI. I've heard that taking CoQ10/ubiquinol and fish oil or evening primrose oil can help quality, however quality is not linked to high fsh; high fsh is a measure of quantity. Age is a better predictor of quality. How old are you?