Is this a joke?

Is this a joke?

Ashley
Ashley

April 20th, 2012, 10:19 pm #1

Went for u/s and b/w cooper instructed me to start progesterone and estrace tomorrow because I o'd just started spotting what is it a joke?

April 20th, 2012, 10:51 pm #2

Unless you're having mid-cycle spotting, it does sound incongruent and frustrating, but I suppose possible.

Good luck on your next cycle you're priming for.

April 20th, 2012, 10:51 pm #3

Went for u/s and b/w cooper instructed me to start progesterone and estrace tomorrow because I o'd just started spotting what is it a joke?
they didn't give you your b/w results? If that is so, can you call them in the morning and ask for the numbers. I would really want to see the b/w levels before starting progesterone and estrace. But that is just me. After all the mistakes my local clinic made and all the quirky things my body did while I was trying to cycle with C.ooper, I really had to take control and watch my cycles myself (with the help of learning from the ladies on the boards).

I almost hate to post this, but my very first experience with C.ooper, somebody had me start P4 because a 17mm follicle disappeared. I started with them mid-cycle, so they didn't have baseline b/w and u/s to see. In retrospect, I'm certain I had a cyst from my previous cycle with my idiot local clinic's extra week of stims after I ovulated (long story) and the cyst finally popped and I would have had another follicle ovulate soon thereafter. When my b/w came back later, my P4 showed that I hadn't ovulated. Now, I love C.ooper, but sometimes you still have to watch out for yourself to make certain something unusual didn't get missed.

That being said, I'd assume for now that they were looking at your b/w and saw a rising P4 level. But if it were me, I'd call in the morning and ask if you could please get the numbers. I kept a notebook (actually a lot of them) and logged every b/w result and every u/s result and I know a number of other ladies going there have done that as well.

I'm assuming both your tubes are open? If so, if you did BD and you did ovulate, then you certainly have a shot at catching the egg. Of course, I don't recall if there is any MFI in your case.

If you ovulated and missed a retrieval chance (which is terrible I know), I would definitely look at the bright side if you can - you produced follicles and ovulated. That is a big deal!!

April 20th, 2012, 10:53 pm #4

it is possible to get spotting from an estrogen drop which happens at ovulation. It can happen to some women all the time and to other women only once in a blue moon. That could be what it is. Also, since you recently stopped Estinyl, your body could also be spotting due to the drop from the estrogen, even though it is synthetic.

Ashley
Ashley

April 21st, 2012, 3:50 am #5

Somebody screwed big time. I m going to ask them tomorrow morning about th b/w but if this is an AF how con coke don't see it's coming . There is something wrong . I m so worried. What s happening?

Ashley
Ashley

April 21st, 2012, 2:14 pm #6

Called Cooper lets see what they will say. Waiting for their callback. I am bleeding like never before. Can somebody tell me how this is happening. This makes me believe once again that nobody knows anything about our reproductive system. I went for blood and u/ s yesterday morning they saw the results but how come they didn't see the AF is coming?????
I am thinking if the provera they had me started and stopped had something to do with this. But it has been two weeks I stopped taking the provera and I only took couple. Once they saw my E2 went to 35 from 10 they told me to stop it . If it's the provera that caused an early AF Cooper screwed big time..

April 21st, 2012, 5:10 pm #7

Sometimes weird things happen that we can only figure out in retrospect no matter what we do.

Did you get AF after you stopped estinyl and provera? I would have thought that since you stopped it that long ago that you wouldn't be seeing AF now. But our bodies are not all necessarily the same. If you didn't get AF after stopping the Estinyl and provera, then that could be the cause now. If it is, you have learned something about your body that could possibly help you in the future. I don't think C.ooper messed up on that from what I've interpreted so far.

I think the critical thing is learning what your b/w levels have been the last few days and it will help you decide whether to take the P4 and Estrace now.

I just had a second to check in and see how you were doing, but I'll be back later when I get a chance. Hugs.

Ashley
Ashley

April 21st, 2012, 5:44 pm #8

Got the callback this morning told that it's because of the drop of estrogen. Karen I was so upset about whole bleeding thing that I forgot asking for the b/w numbers. I counted the leftover provera they had me use it for a week. I feel like this bleed is because of provera. They want me start taking the crinone and estrace. I am calling them again I am bleeding crazy and I do not feel comfortable about starting the crinone.

Ashley
Ashley

April 21st, 2012, 6:45 pm #9

Just talked to on call Dr over t Cooper she said this can not be because of the provera she is not sure what I the cause most likely the dropping levels of estradiol. Ok the follie they were etching last couple of days just dissepared at yesterday's u/s so the think I ovulated. She wants me o take pregosterone and estrace and pregnant test in 2 ww.
All confused. She even said my situation is so confusing . I just started this and I already lost my hope..

April 22nd, 2012, 3:20 pm #10

Please don't lose hope. I understand feeling frustrated. I totally get it and I know it is hard to go through this process.

I do know women who get bleeding at ovulation due to the natural drop in estrogen. So, I do think that is a strong possibility. I think normally the P4 starts rising and overrides the effect of the estrogen drop, but sometimes the hormones do synchronize exactly as they should.

I do think it is VERY important to know what your b/w levels were. If the follicle disappeared and your P4 didn't rise, then I think there is the possibility that the follicle had turned into a cyst before you stopped the Estinyl and therefore it could still produce estrogen, but not contain an egg. BUT, since your E2 was as low as it was when you stopped estinyl and it seemed to be consistently rising, I tend to think it was a viable follicle.

Do you feel up to calling C.ooper nurses on Monday and asking if you can get all your b/w numbers and all your u/s readings? You can tell them that you didn't get everything in your callbacks and you just want to have all the data for this cycle. I really think the ladies on this board can help you a lot in interpreting what happened with your cycle. Believe me, we've seen some confusing scenerios before and while we might not always be able to figure out everything, sometimes we have a different perspective from the doctors because we live and breathe this stuff 24/7. At a very minimum, get your last b/w results, especially the P4.

I don't think it would likely be a problem taking the progesterone and estrace for two weeks, but I'd still want to know what my b/w was when I started it. If your follicle was by chance a cyst, then you might be okay not taking the P4 and estrace and waiting to see what your body does. But, I don't want to tell you to go against the doc's advice. She had a reason for telling you that she thought you ovulated. Do you mind sharing which doc you talked to? I'm assuming Dr. C.ohen or C.hoe, but if you don't feel comfortable posting that info, it is okay.

I hope I'm not confusing you, but I'm just throwing out all my thoughts because I've experienced and seen so many cycles on here over the years. I think the good thing about C.ooper is that their b/w and u/s are very thorough. But I do think it is important to get the info yourself. You will definitely find it useful in future cycles as you see how your body responds to things.