Is there anything else I can test for? Follow up (success in signature)

Is there anything else I can test for? Follow up (success in signature)

May 9th, 2012, 3:01 pm #1

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your kind posts below.

Before I even bother doing that last retrieval and hopefully transfer, I want to make sure I have all of my bases covered.

Can someone please remind me if there is some sort of bloodwork or other tests that I should do to determine whether or not there is something preventing implantation? I recently did my 3rd HSG and the uterus was clear, but I'm curious to know if there are some other tests (autoimmune? not sure?)

I just want to make sure we've tested for absolutely everything before coming to peace with the outcome.

Thanks for your help,
Hadas

Me & DH: 39
Married at 32 and TTC right away
2/07: IUI #1 (Clomid only) BFP (No more hb at 9 weeks; D&C)
Through rest of 2007: Multiple IUI's (Clomid or Femara): all BFN
3/08: IVF #1 FSH: 11.6 (highest ever recorded for me) MDL protocol; BFP/chemical
10/08: IVF #2: BFP! DD born 7/09
5/10: Uterine polyp removal
8/10: FET #1: BFP/Chemical
11/10: IVF #3: Retrieval only; transfer postponed due to thin lining
1/11: FET #2: BFN
3/11: FET #3: BFN
12/11: Uh oh... FSH 16
2/12 Low dose IVF #4 with Clomid: 3 follies all empty
4/12 FSH 11.7
4/12 Low dose IVF #5 Injectables: BFN

Houston
Houston

May 9th, 2012, 8:34 pm #2

Sorry, I don't really know the answer to this. However, I see that you have a DD. I think this would essentially rule out any autoimmune issues, thus, there would not be any needed testing. However, I may be wrong. Hopefully someone with more knowledge regarding autoimmune issues will chime in.

Nancy
Nancy

May 14th, 2012, 1:14 am #3

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your kind posts below.

Before I even bother doing that last retrieval and hopefully transfer, I want to make sure I have all of my bases covered.

Can someone please remind me if there is some sort of bloodwork or other tests that I should do to determine whether or not there is something preventing implantation? I recently did my 3rd HSG and the uterus was clear, but I'm curious to know if there are some other tests (autoimmune? not sure?)

I just want to make sure we've tested for absolutely everything before coming to peace with the outcome.

Thanks for your help,
Hadas

3/08: IVF #1 FSH: 11.6 (highest ever recorded for me) MDL protocol; BFP/chemical
4/12 FSH 11.7
Hi-I just finished up reading Dr. Beer's book Is your Body Baby Friendly, which revolves around immune issues. (I think DeeNYC mentioned this book a few months back-i wish I would have read it then!) He talks about how even if you had one successful pregnancy, that does not rule out immune issues and these can develop afterwards. There are so many tests for immune issues, some of the moire common which are Natural Killer cells, ANA, MTHFR...if you are able to, pick up a copy of this book or go over the immune forum on Yahoo to get more information (I ordered mine from Amazon). I certainly don't understand all of these tests yet, but just know that what he says seems to make a lot of sense. I read this book in less than a day, and all of the tests he recommends are listed in the book.

I just recently decided to go to a reproductive immunologist (Dr. B raverman) and will have my consult in a few weeks. I figured it doesn't hurt to cover all my bases and at least rule out (or rule in) immune issues.

I am so sorry about your BFN, and I see you also had a cycle with empty follicles. i had this for my first IVF and it was canceled, it is heartbreaking and devastating. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

xxooxx

Nancy

May 14th, 2012, 3:01 am #4

Hi Nancy,
This is very helpful... thank you so much!

I will look into the various tests. I wonder if they would have to be paid out of fertility coverage through my insurance (which we've used up) or if they can be run by a general doctor (though interpretted by someone else).

Do you know, by any chance?

Thanks!
Hadas

4/12 FSH 11.7

Nancy
Nancy

May 14th, 2012, 9:28 pm #5

Hi! I am not sure which test would be counted towards diagnostic if vs if. I believe they would go towards diagnostic...so hopefully your insurance would cover it. I can let you know more after I call the br. averman office to see how they do it. My consult is via phone which is nice. If you have a fax I can forward you the list of tests from the book its quite long because there is a description for each one. One thing I think is some can be done by gp but for best analysis some of the more complex ones must go to reprotexh or other lab. The book also mentions if you don't go to an repro immun you might not get the complete testing ordered as many REs phoo phoo the testing but some won't. Good luck and let me know if you have a fax I will fax or if you want to ex hangs email let mw know!!
Nancy

Hadas
Hadas

May 15th, 2012, 2:27 am #6

Hi Nancy,
Thank you! Oddly enough, I don't have a fax, but I plan on looking into the book. I registered for the yahoo support site today to get more information and will look into finding out if there's a list of repro immunologists out there in my area.

Thank you so much for your advice!

Hadas