Is it ok to get the fl.u mid-LP and a week before starting IVF?

Is it ok to get the fl.u mid-LP and a week before starting IVF?

Kim
Kim

May 6th, 2012, 5:31 pm #1

Got what seems like a flu with temps reaching as high as 103-103.5 for a couple of hours last night. I am E2 priming now to start IVF in a week. Is there any impact to pre-developing follicles since I am just a week out from getting AF? Just a little worried. Plus I have chest congestion so wondering if it will clear before starting meds - so will my RE cancel?

Laura
Laura

May 7th, 2012, 12:00 am #2

RE and OB offices tend to be very strict about showing up to their office with active coughs since they tend to be places where pregnant women hang out. So if you're still coughing 24 hrs before your appt, I would call to see if they'll let you come in.

Houston
Houston

May 7th, 2012, 2:42 pm #3

Got what seems like a flu with temps reaching as high as 103-103.5 for a couple of hours last night. I am E2 priming now to start IVF in a week. Is there any impact to pre-developing follicles since I am just a week out from getting AF? Just a little worried. Plus I have chest congestion so wondering if it will clear before starting meds - so will my RE cancel?
But I would call your RE and discuss just to be sure.

Kim
Kim

May 7th, 2012, 3:35 pm #4

I think it may be early enough not to impact the follicles - especially since it was the first day I put on the patch. Broke down and took the z-pak we had on hand to get rid of the infection in my chest! Was up half the night last night suffering the 3% chance of two of the awful side effects of the z-pak - lucky me!!! I will monitor locally so it is not a RE office so I should be ok and better hopefully by next week!