Is 11dpiui too soon to POAS?

Is 11dpiui too soon to POAS?

kris
kris

January 24th, 2012, 3:37 pm #1

Just wondering. I couldn't help myself. I'm 11dpiui with a low round of stims that got us two, possibly three, mature follicles. I think I ovulated the day after the IUI, though, so that would mean I'm probably 11dpo.

Too soon for a HPT? It was a BFN this morning.

Sara H
Sara H

January 24th, 2012, 3:44 pm #2

It all depends on how long a possible something was floating around and when it settled in. Are you sure of your ovulation day?

I'd say hold a bit of hope and test again but be ready if it's not this cycle...

You could still be in it, it's very hard to tell!

Good luck and hugs!
Sara H

kris
kris

January 24th, 2012, 3:54 pm #3

I had the trigger on a Thurs, IUI on Friday and I felt some major ovu cramps, which I usually feel, on Sat late morning to early afternoon. I'm sure it's possible that I could have also ovulated on Friday (IUI day) and just didn't feel anything. I always feel that cramp on the right, never the left, and this cycle was the first time in 3 months since we started seeing an RE that we even saw a follicle growing on the L (they've just been sitting there, matures developing only on the R).

My P4 7dpiui was 39, so I'm sure that more that one follie released - my P4 has never been that high! 18.7 last month with only one (no stims).

Ugh, I'm getting so frustrated.

kris
kris

January 24th, 2012, 4:03 pm #4

Just wondering. I couldn't help myself. I'm 11dpiui with a low round of stims that got us two, possibly three, mature follicles. I think I ovulated the day after the IUI, though, so that would mean I'm probably 11dpo.

Oops, I meant probably 10dpo and am 11dpiui (n/t)

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

January 24th, 2012, 4:54 pm #5

I had the trigger on a Thurs, IUI on Friday and I felt some major ovu cramps, which I usually feel, on Sat late morning to early afternoon. I'm sure it's possible that I could have also ovulated on Friday (IUI day) and just didn't feel anything. I always feel that cramp on the right, never the left, and this cycle was the first time in 3 months since we started seeing an RE that we even saw a follicle growing on the L (they've just been sitting there, matures developing only on the R).

My P4 7dpiui was 39, so I'm sure that more that one follie released - my P4 has never been that high! 18.7 last month with only one (no stims).

Ugh, I'm getting so frustrated.
It could definitely be too early as there are a lot of variables on when you actually O'd. Do you have a beta scheduled?

Interesting that you O'd on the bum side this month. So did I! My right never does anything but had a nice 19mm on it the day I triggered.

mel
mel

January 24th, 2012, 5:00 pm #6

My friend started testing at 9dpiui and was getting BFNs until 13 or 14dpiui when she saw the BFP. Her betas have been rising as they should. So, yes, it could still be too soon. Good luck!

minka
minka

January 24th, 2012, 5:24 pm #7

Oops, I meant probably 10dpo and am 11dpiui (n/t)
Had my trigger on that Wed, IUIs on Thurs & Fri. On day of trigger I had 1 mature 19mm on the right that I think released overnight Thurs/Fri, but I SWEAR I ov'd on the Left on Sat, the ov pain was so strong. On the left were my 2nd and 3rd largest follies (16mm, 13mm on day of trigger). So I am 11dpiui but I think I am 10dpo after the one on the left. I didn't POAS this morning and I don't think I will, I go in for my Beta tomorrow morning, is that when you go too? GOOD LUCK!

kris
kris

January 24th, 2012, 5:37 pm #8

They just told me to do HPT and if I get something even faintly positive, then to come in. Is that normal? I guess there's not much reason to spend the money on the beta test if I have neg HPTs?

I had matures on both left (a first) and right. My lining was in awesome shape by CD9 with a clear triple pattern. My P4 was really good 7dpo (39) but the thing is, I feel NO other symptoms. Not even any P4 symptoms...nothing!!!! My temp has remained high (in the 98.4ish range) post-ovu.

The ONLY thing I've felt was some background level, slight cramping late last week. I felt the same thing the month I got pg (but chem pg, so early m/c), so I feel like I'm feeling implantation cramps, but then there's nothing else. Maybe it's in my head. You'd think that if it really was then I should get a faintish line by now. Or is it just pre-Af cramps? It's so frustrating!!!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

January 24th, 2012, 7:07 pm #9

if you are under the care of a clinic and they have done an IUI then the proper closure to a cycle is to go in for a quantitative beta...

An HPT is qualitative and only says YES or NO. But those HPTs are only set up to detect the HCG hormone at certain levels. It might read as a NO but you may have a chemical pregnancy that is too low in HCG to register on the HPT but is still a BFP nevertheless. Wouldn't you want to know if you had a chemical (especially given your history of a prior chemical)?? On the other hand, you could have a **false negative** of a very viable pregnancy! It does happen!

Now, all that said, there are some of us on here who know our bodies extremely and thoroughly well, and have enough experience under our belts with cycling to know when a cycle is BFN and choose to skip a beta based on symptoms and HPTs.

BUT - for a clinic to have you rely on an HPT as a determination of whether you're BFP or not is not standard operating procedure. And to base it on "if you get anything faintly positive"...c'mon, that is so subjective!

kris
kris

January 24th, 2012, 7:58 pm #10

You're right, it's been bothering me wondering if I should do it anyway. I called and asked again. They told me, again, that they usually just say to wait for a positive HPT and then come in for the beta.

But I pressed it and mentioned once more my history with the chemical and my concern there. So she said I could always POAS tmrw morning and just come in for the beta (so, at 12dpiui).

I suppose there's the remote chance that implantation could be taking up to 10-12 days, so even a blood test won't show it yet, so maybe a waste of money. But to your point, I should know about more chems if that's the issue. Although, what can you really do about that anyway? Aren't they always just going to say it means my eggs were bad?

I always feel like I have to constantly ask questions! I never feel like there's someone fully watching my back and taking 100% care of me. It's like I have to be hypervigilant about what could be wrong, what I need to do next or test for. It's exhausting. Just me?