In 2 ww from a converted cycle and one of the women I manage gave birth over weekend

In 2 ww from a converted cycle and one of the women I manage gave birth over weekend

June 4th, 2012, 2:48 pm #1

I am truly happy for the woman I manage who gave birth over the weekend, but I just had to shut my office door because I was crying. Usually, work creates a reprieve for me from the emotions that accompany infertility, but obviously I am the point person to tell everyone the news of the birth of my colleague's daughter. However, my emotions are raw right now. The hormones are wrecking havoc with my usual sunny disposition and I am disappointed that my cycle was converted to IUI even though the previous cycle was our most successful, but I am still trying to maintain a positive attitude that my sole egg will fertilize and grow.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

June 4th, 2012, 4:07 pm #2

I am so sorry you are feeling down. I would be as well. The woman that sits outside my office (ie she is in my direct line of vision from my chair all day) is PG with her 2nd at 41yrs old. While I am happy for her, I am sad and that it has never been me..

Good luck for the IUI.Being converted is hard.

Sara H
Sara H

June 4th, 2012, 6:30 pm #3

I am truly happy for the woman I manage who gave birth over the weekend, but I just had to shut my office door because I was crying. Usually, work creates a reprieve for me from the emotions that accompany infertility, but obviously I am the point person to tell everyone the news of the birth of my colleague's daughter. However, my emotions are raw right now. The hormones are wrecking havoc with my usual sunny disposition and I am disappointed that my cycle was converted to IUI even though the previous cycle was our most successful, but I am still trying to maintain a positive attitude that my sole egg will fertilize and grow.
I work hard to be positive but while ttc I had a couple of down days and they always hit me when I was not expecting them... or maybe because I was not. I was always thrilled for friends with god news, always, but the one that hit me hard was one of my oldest friends who got pg not once but TWICE on the first try. And she was my same age. And she had taken crap care of herself her whole life. I know I should have been the most thrilled for her, and FOR HER I was, but personally I wanted to scream at the "unfairness" of it.

Yes, I was so thrilled she was not going though what I was but still, there was this extra irony there that really hurt, not having to do with her, personally, but just how it hit me.

I think we have all been there.

Hang in, take care of yourself and plan some little thing that is self-pampering for the weekend... get a coupon for a massage, plan to go get your fav. book, plan a little dinner with the DH... something you can focus on and look forward to. I, personally, found that helpful.

Hugs to you and feel better... when you are ready,
Sara H

June 4th, 2012, 7:38 pm #4

I just happened across your message and it really made me think about when I was in your same shoes several years ago. As I was gearing up to finally be able to start my first IVF cycle that had been postponed for 5 months due to major ovarian cysts, a woman who sat in the cube next to me announced her pregnancy. She was 5 years younger than me so no surprise I guess but it hurt so bad. I had been trying for two years to get pregnant without ever getting a single BFP. Every day at lunchtime, she would rub her belly and say "What does baby want for lunch today?" and I basically wanted to throw up. Then a week after her pregnancy announcement, she was promoted and became my supervisor. She was younger with much less experience than me. No one at work had any idea what I was going through because I was only sharing it with my closest friends. I can remember driving home from work, crying the whole way, then getting home and going straight into bed, curling up with my sweet doggie, sobbing. It was SO painful and SO unfair.

Even after two pregnancies/children, that pain is still so fresh in my memory. I am so sorry you are going through this and I truly hope you get your BFP. We can all get through this pain with the love and support or our DHs, friends, family, and of course our amazing pets. What would we do without them?

We're all here for you.
take care,
sarah

Teresa
Teresa

June 4th, 2012, 8:32 pm #5

Green,
I'm so sorry you're going through this. It sucks and it's so not fair.

I will never forget last summer, the day I found out my babys heartbeat had just stopped at 8 weeks. A few hours later, I received news that my cousin had her first baby the same day, just an hour after I found out mine died. I had to put on a smile and give my congratulations and see my entire family rejoice at this baby, when I was DYING inside. I wanted to die that day, I have never felt pain like that. I was happy for her but- why did this have to be my babys fate?

You're in such a fragile state right now, please put yourself first and be kind to yourself. I'm sorry for you and I hope your IUI will be successful. Thinking of you, you are not alone.

Nancy
Nancy

June 5th, 2012, 7:41 pm #6

I am so sorry you are going through this. It totally sucks to have to go through all of this, and then be the point person to share the news. Dealing with this at work is so hard, sometimes the tears come without warning...and when there are other women who are PG, it's a constant reminder...I can kind of relate to how you feel, because there is a girl here at work who is PG, and of course I am SO happy for her, but I have to walk by her every day, and she is always rubbing her tummy and smiling...I truly hope that can be you and that your IUI will be successful! I too had to convert an IVF to IUI (my very first IVF) so I know how that feels as well and it's so frustrating.

Sending you many hugs and hoping you are feeling better today!

Nancy

June 6th, 2012, 1:01 am #7

Thanks to you lovely ladies who shared your own experiences. It really helped me. It made me feel not so alone and that my experience was not so horribly unique.

The words of encouragement also gave me hope which I sorely needed. Thank you!

Laura
Laura

June 7th, 2012, 3:28 am #8

It's just the pits. It's ok to be sad. I hope you feel better soon!