I insisted on MRI, had it and guess what- FIBROID

I insisted on MRI, had it and guess what- FIBROID

teresa
teresa

March 12th, 2012, 7:22 pm #1

ladies,
i am LOSING MY MIND. I just came from Pelvic MRI and there is INDEED a FIBROID!!!!!!!!!!!

recap. 2/22 i went in for a hysteroscopic myomectomy with my dr who has done my lap and 2 d+cs. because I trusted her! when she went in- she said NO fibroid. She even repeated a SIS. NO fibroid she told DH and I. DH grilled her "could you have missed it" she said "NO WAY"

I was skeptical. I mean- a fibroid doesnt just vanish. And Dr B definitely saw something on the SIS and 3 techs saw it on vag u/s. SO- AFter reading online, I questioned my dr (let's call her Dr G) and asked for an MRI. she insisted i didnt need it. i found out some MRIs are invasive (catheter) and cancelled. late last thursday i called back and asked for just a pelvic. note- I asked.

I had it today. THEY SAW THE FIBROID.
I am crying, livid, and SO F-ING MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went under anesthesia last week for NOTHING. AND- HAD i took her word for it, i would have tried to concieve and POSSIBLY RISKED miscarriage NUMBER 5 because dr b from cooper said it would hurt a growing baby.

so- i have an appointment with Dr G tomorrow and next monday COOPER again.

what do i even SAY to dr g tomorrow? can anyone tell me because Im afraid the cops are goingto be called, i am a LUNATIC, i am EXPLOSIVE FREAKING HYSTERICAL MAD- of course i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am back to SQUARE ONE.
Is this some kind of a joke? Or a sign? Stop trying, Teresa? Had I not researched MRI I would have totally taken her word for it.

I guess now I need to find a surgeon on Long Island or in NYC? does anyone have one to recommend- I need this done STAT. Im so mad but cant stop crying. I cannot even believe I have to go through this again, another friggin procedure and another g-ddamn month down the shitter. Im sorry- but I am BEYOND frustrated.

MargieD
MargieD

March 12th, 2012, 7:26 pm #2

Don't have a lot of time to write...but wanted to say this...

I would be p&ssed, too, but I wouldn't give up. The fact that you're so upset over this tells me how much you care and you want this done right.

If you didn't care, you would have been ready to give up.

Can you sue the doctor? (ha!)

nadia
nadia

March 12th, 2012, 7:35 pm #3

ladies,
i am LOSING MY MIND. I just came from Pelvic MRI and there is INDEED a FIBROID!!!!!!!!!!!

recap. 2/22 i went in for a hysteroscopic myomectomy with my dr who has done my lap and 2 d+cs. because I trusted her! when she went in- she said NO fibroid. She even repeated a SIS. NO fibroid she told DH and I. DH grilled her "could you have missed it" she said "NO WAY"

I was skeptical. I mean- a fibroid doesnt just vanish. And Dr B definitely saw something on the SIS and 3 techs saw it on vag u/s. SO- AFter reading online, I questioned my dr (let's call her Dr G) and asked for an MRI. she insisted i didnt need it. i found out some MRIs are invasive (catheter) and cancelled. late last thursday i called back and asked for just a pelvic. note- I asked.

I am crying, livid, and SO F-ING MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went under anesthesia last week for NOTHING. AND- HAD i took her word for it, i would have tried to concieve and POSSIBLY RISKED miscarriage NUMBER 5 because dr b from cooper said it would hurt a growing baby.

what do i even SAY to dr g tomorrow? can anyone tell me because Im afraid the cops are goingto be called, i am a LUNATIC, i am EXPLOSIVE FREAKING HYSTERICAL MAD- of course i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this some kind of a joke? Or a sign? Stop trying, Teresa? Had I not researched MRI I would have totally taken her word for it.

I guess now I need to find a surgeon on Long Island or in NYC? does anyone have one to recommend- I need this done STAT. Im so mad but cant stop crying. I cannot even believe I have to go through this again, another friggin procedure and another g-ddamn month down the shitter. Im sorry- but I am BEYOND frustrated.
or wtf? ...sorry but I am pissed off too!!! I mean not only did the MRI show you have a fibroid, but you had to ask for the MRI too!!..okay Teresa..I'm done venting now..so..now forget the morons involved in this mistake, focus on taking care of it, get it out of the way.

please dont cry, just think of it as a good sign that gave you the sense to insist on the MRI(smart girl) instead of ttc/bfp while having the fibroid which could have screwed up more things!

This only shows that we certainly are the only ones that can read the signs of our bodies and sometimes we do have to tell docs what to do...it's our right!!

Anyhow...hopefully you'll get responses that could help u medically.

sorry u had to go through this roller coaster..as if ttc isnt enough?

love and hugssssssssssss

nadia

teresa
teresa

March 12th, 2012, 7:42 pm #4

Don't have a lot of time to write...but wanted to say this...

I would be p&ssed, too, but I wouldn't give up. The fact that you're so upset over this tells me how much you care and you want this done right.

If you didn't care, you would have been ready to give up.

Can you sue the doctor? (ha!)
ha ha margie...i SO want to!!! can i? any attorneys here?

teresa
teresa

March 12th, 2012, 7:45 pm #5

or wtf? ...sorry but I am pissed off too!!! I mean not only did the MRI show you have a fibroid, but you had to ask for the MRI too!!..okay Teresa..I'm done venting now..so..now forget the morons involved in this mistake, focus on taking care of it, get it out of the way.

please dont cry, just think of it as a good sign that gave you the sense to insist on the MRI(smart girl) instead of ttc/bfp while having the fibroid which could have screwed up more things!

This only shows that we certainly are the only ones that can read the signs of our bodies and sometimes we do have to tell docs what to do...it's our right!!

Anyhow...hopefully you'll get responses that could help u medically.

sorry u had to go through this roller coaster..as if ttc isnt enough?

love and hugssssssssssss

nadia
thanks for your reply it made me smile that you're mad too!
i mean- really!!! i had to ASK for an MRI? how the hell did she miss it??? she had a camera up there!!!
the fibroid is at the top of the uterus.
even still...i just dont know. and she said she did a SIS, then why did THAT also not show it?
im so frustrated. i DO care. I'm NOT ready to give up. but this sets me back big time. that damn clock is ticking ticking ticking.....we are in march. august the big 4-0.
so upset, i definitely need to calm down and figure out where to go next.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

March 12th, 2012, 7:58 pm #6

ladies,

Oh Teresa, this is crazy ridiculous. I am so sorry you are enduring all this torture. How big is the fibroid? I think the size is really important to the question of how could Dr. G miss it?

Alli
Alli

March 12th, 2012, 8:04 pm #7

ha ha margie...i SO want to!!! can i? any attorneys here?
I don't know about NY law but you really haven't suffered an injury as a result of the doctors negligence. BUT, you have spent $ on surgery that was pointless. I'd be asking about some $ back for that.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 12th, 2012, 8:05 pm #8

ladies,

I would be really mad also, but I wouldn't say much and let her do the talking. I would just ask how this could happen. Is there anyway Cooper can remove the Fibroid? Is it a fibroid that would interfere with pregnancy? I would probably be done with your doc this.

teresa
teresa

March 12th, 2012, 8:10 pm #9

yes this fibroid would be VERY dangerous to a PG...i would go into preterm labor because it is compressing the uterus.

i originally wanted dr breasile to do it but since i live 2 hrs away she didnt want to, she was concerned about me having complications and being far from her. she told me she preferred me to do it locally. but now, im thinking she SHOULD do it. maybe i can stay overnight in NJ? its just we have a dog and he's epileptic and i dont have anyone to care for him. so it would be better for me to do it here

i am also VERY concerned what if my insurance company DENIES me having this procedure again??? omg!!!!

teresa
teresa

March 12th, 2012, 8:12 pm #10

Oh Teresa, this is crazy ridiculous. I am so sorry you are enduring all this torture. How big is the fibroid? I think the size is really important to the question of how could Dr. G miss it?
2 cm, compressing the ute
and she did a SIS.
and they grow so dr b said it really should come out.
i cant stop crying i need a xanax and have none so im going to drink some wine to try and calm down, im in shock. but i KNEW it didnt just vanish. im so mad.