I have been blaming myself for my MC

I have been blaming myself for my MC

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 27th, 2011, 6:25 pm #1

I am still trying to recover mentally from MC in Oct..it was a natural PG and did not know until I was 4- 5 weeks...My OB said I can take progesterone but it is not proven to work so she kind of talk me out of it. At the time I was not educated like I am now. So I never took it and two weeks later I had MC. I dont think I will ever forgive myself.

Mary
Mary

April 27th, 2011, 6:35 pm #2

Don't be so hard on yourself. I know many women who have gotten pregnant naturally and was not on progesterone support and ended up with a healthy pregnancy. A lot of times you just dont know with m/c. Can be chromosome issues with the baby too. I know this is hard but please don't blame yourself.

JulesM
JulesM

April 27th, 2011, 9:06 pm #3

I am still trying to recover mentally from MC in Oct..it was a natural PG and did not know until I was 4- 5 weeks...My OB said I can take progesterone but it is not proven to work so she kind of talk me out of it. At the time I was not educated like I am now. So I never took it and two weeks later I had MC. I dont think I will ever forgive myself.
I know... I run thoughts through my head quite a bit but unfortunately beating yourself up will not change the past. Are you seeing a therapist? Please work on getting over the self-blame. Most early m/c are chromosomal and given it was a natural preg you can't be sure it had anything at all to do with not supplementing P4.