How long does a HCG trigger stay in your system?

How long does a HCG trigger stay in your system?

Sara H
Sara H

September 22nd, 2011, 9:30 pm #1

How many days after can you do a home PG test? I did not test it out and I really really don't want a false positive... I think it would break my heart. I took a 5,000 dose shot 9 days ago.

Not testing for two more days but I am just wondering. (DH is out of town, I won't test until he is home.) I am 9 days past the shot, 12 days post ovulation.

Thanks, All!

PS- I am hopeful but not overly optimistic. Still have the cyst so we'll see.

Cee
Cee

September 22nd, 2011, 9:39 pm #2

But I usually take the 5000 dose too the day of my IUI. I think the earliest I've test is 12dpIUI and it hasn't been there at that time.

bigboy
bigboy

September 22nd, 2011, 11:01 pm #3

How many days after can you do a home PG test? I did not test it out and I really really don't want a false positive... I think it would break my heart. I took a 5,000 dose shot 9 days ago.

Not testing for two more days but I am just wondering. (DH is out of town, I won't test until he is home.) I am 9 days past the shot, 12 days post ovulation.

Thanks, All!

well it took 9 days for the ovidrel to get out of my system. the hcg trigger 10,000 it took a little longer. i think it is different for everyone honestly.

bigboy
bigboy

September 22nd, 2011, 11:01 pm #4

Thanks, All!

well it took 9 days for the ovidrel to get out of my system. the hcg trigger 10,000 it took a little longer. i think it is different for everyone honestly.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 23rd, 2011, 2:32 am #5

Thanks, All!

It really depends upon the person and the test being used. Everyone metabolizes HCG differently. In addition, some HPT's are more sensitive than others. For instance...with the most sensitive tests out there...I can still see my trigger up to 11 days post trigger. With a lesser test...it's gone 8 days post trigger and everything in between depending upon the test. Just make sure you test out your trigger with the same test or tests. GL!!

Sara H
Sara H

September 23rd, 2011, 3:01 am #6

unfortunately I have not been "testing out the trigger" this month so if I started now and got a positive I would not know what I was seeing... you know?

So, I guess a wait a bit longer and see. Copper wants me to do a beta on next Tuesday but I'll know before that anyway because I'll get AF. I just want to know if I can POAS on Saturday and actually trust the result, you know? I hate the idea of a false positive... I have never had a positive so I think it would crush me.

Grrr.

Thank you for all the advice I was hoping someone would say, "all ladies are the same and it's gone by now...".
I am also hoping I bought the winning lottery ticket today and that global peace will be achieved in our lifetimes... yip, 'cause I'm that kind'a gal.

Thanks ladies!
Sara H.

Sara H
Sara H

September 23rd, 2011, 12:30 pm #7

I tested this morning.

And it was a big fat Negative.

Now I know my HCG shot is gone within 10 days.

But, at least I am not wondering about a false positive.

Temps have dropped a bit in the last few days, still above cover but the full degree they were a couple of days ago. I believe this cycle is over.

I know, I'll stick it out a few more days and all that, but I'm rather sure. By my chart and by triggering I am 13 days post o. Yes, I'll wait the two more days and test if AF does not show but I am 99% I am out.

Thank you for all the positive thoughts and support,
You are all such a blessing!
Sara H.

AJ
AJ

September 23rd, 2011, 3:44 pm #8

Cee
Cee

September 23rd, 2011, 4:46 pm #9

I tested this morning.

Temps have dropped a bit in the last few days, still above cover but the full degree they were a couple of days ago. I believe this cycle is over.

I know, I'll stick it out a few more days and all that, but I'm rather sure. By my chart and by triggering I am 13 days post o. Yes, I'll wait the two more days and test if AF does not show but I am 99% I am out.

Sara H.

I'm so sorry Sara. But at least you know now, right?

(((hugs)))

September 23rd, 2011, 5:48 pm #10

I tested this morning.

Sara H.

I was crossing all for you and holding my breath.

You know I'm rootin' for ya. and yes, world peace within our lifetime: wouldn't it be nice. I am optimistic too.
Hang in there, I know it's hard and it sucks major lemons.

...a 13 day LP, are you on prog? are your LPs usually this long? do keep us posted. I was such an avid POAS-er that a week after AF's start, I'd do one on the off chance that torrential flow was in fact implantation. LOL

big hug,
Julie