How long after stop progesterone suppositories will AF arrive?

How long after stop progesterone suppositories will AF arrive?

Lila
Lila

May 13th, 2012, 7:23 pm #1

I was on progesterone suppositories after a failed retrieval (embryo didn't grow so I never made it to transfer,, I stopped the suppositories but I haven't gotten AF yet.
Did I stop the progesterone too soon? How long are you supposed to be on it before AF arrives?

Nancy
Nancy

May 14th, 2012, 12:21 am #2

How long ago or how soon after er did you stop the suppositories? Usually I think if you stop them early on during the luteal phase it shouldn't affect af arrival too much. I think from what the pharmacist told me prometrium has a stronger effect on delaying af but again it depends how early in luteal phase you stop. In my experience I will still get af while taking the suppositories.

nancy

May 14th, 2012, 5:22 am #3

I was on progesterone suppositories after a failed retrieval (embryo didn't grow so I never made it to transfer,, I stopped the suppositories but I haven't gotten AF yet.
Did I stop the progesterone too soon? How long are you supposed to be on it before AF arrives?
For my IUIs, I used the suppositories for 14 days (and then took a pregnancy test). My period would arrive anywhere from two to four days after stopping taking the suppositories. However, it really can vary from person to person. Some people get their period even while they're taking the suppositories and others have to stop taking the suppositories and then wait a few days for their period to arrive.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 14th, 2012, 8:47 pm #4

Mine came before I went off progesterone.