Houston/MargieD/Laura

Houston/MargieD/Laura

Lisa
Lisa

June 7th, 2012, 7:58 am #1

Thanks for replying to my post. Little bit of background.

Im 39 now with high fsh of 9.8 and all other levels (cant remember the nos) are normal. When I first started this journey almost 9 yrs ago and after my first consultation when examined I had only 3 AF in total of both ovaries which at the time the doc said was very very low due to my age as I was then 30.
Surprisingly my fsh hasnt changed much in 9 yrs which is unusual right? Shouldnt it be higher after all these years, anyway will be meeting my doctor in 2 months for first consultation and very curious as to how many AF they will see in my ovaries 9 yrs later.

I do pray that I have the same amount (3) and hope they havent disappeared on me lol.
When I did stim for ICSI 9 yrs ago I produced 9 AF so I know that I wont get more but could get less.
I have irregular cycles every month which I could get them between 26 days to 35 days which varies each month.
Could you girls suggest what I can take besides pre natal vitamins to help with egg quality.I really dont want to take anything that could mess up my fsh or make my body go out of whack lol
Thanks

Houston
Houston

June 7th, 2012, 3:09 pm #2

I would take CoQ10 and Ubiquinol. I forget the exact dosage. But, if you search on these boards for these meds it may pull it up.

Laura
Laura

June 7th, 2012, 8:56 pm #3

Im 39 now with high fsh of 9.8 and all other levels (cant remember the nos) are normal. When I first started this journey almost 9 yrs ago and after my first consultation when examined I had only 3 AF in total of both ovaries which at the time the doc said was very very low due to my age as I was then 30.
Surprisingly my fsh hasnt changed much in 9 yrs which is unusual right? Shouldnt it be higher after all these years, anyway will be meeting my doctor in 2 months for first consultation and very curious as to how many AF they will see in my ovaries 9 yrs later.

I do pray that I have the same amount (3) and hope they havent disappeared on me lol.
When I did stim for ICSI 9 yrs ago I produced 9 AF so I know that I wont get more but could get less.
I have irregular cycles every month which I could get them between 26 days to 35 days which varies each month.
Could you girls suggest what I can take besides pre natal vitamins to help with egg quality.I really dont want to take anything that could mess up my fsh or make my body go out of whack lol
Thanks
I would also have expected it to be higher with an AFC of 3, but 9.8 is actually just at the higher end of normal. If you've gotten 9 follies before on stims, that's also a good sign. Some women here have only 1-3 follies while stimming.

Do you know for sure it's an egg problem? Have they ever measured your p4 and lining post-ovulation? Are you sure you don't have LP defect?

Some thing's I've done: adding B-complex (12 hours apart from prenatals), fish oil, evening primrose oil, green tea, red raspberry leaf tea, and CoQ10/ubiquinol. I stopped everything except prenatals after ovulation (as determined by BBT/CM charting). Others have also tried wheat grass, although I've never done this. GL!

MargieD
MargieD

June 8th, 2012, 12:04 am #4

Thanks
My FSH is 20ish - sometimes higher and sometimes lower - and I have about 10-12 follicles each month - regardless of the FSH.

Many women here on board have reported lower FSH numbers and with much lower AFCs.

I don't think there's any correlation. However, FSH, I believe, does determine how well you stim and respond to meds. With a FSH of 9.8 - like the previous poster said - very promising.

Depending on funds, I would do IVF with ICSI. With an AFC of 3 - you don't want to leave it up to chance.

Best wishes!

Alli
Alli

June 8th, 2012, 7:31 pm #5

Yep- AFC of 2-5 and FSH of 10.4 (nt)