Help making decision today re High FSH and doing IUI M or T.

Help making decision today re High FSH and doing IUI M or T.

BabyDance
BabyDance

July 30th, 2011, 2:33 pm #1

I am CD 8 and went in for first monitoring. She said the follicle is 18. I was surprised, def big this early for me, but must be high FSH this month. I did not have CD1 results. So the tech said they will look at BW and likely trigger tonight or tomorrow. I will push for tomorrow, if LH and P4 are ok, bc I often think they (Check) trigger me early. My question is, since my follicle is so big already, isn't it likely my FSH was high and maybe I shouldn't do the IUI and CD 10, 11 is too early for a good egg? Thoughts? I really want to do it, and probably will, because you never know, but just curious about your thoughts on healthy egg. And if you recall any pregnancies this early on in a cycle. I have also been under RIDICULOUS stress. Thanks, in advance.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 30th, 2011, 2:52 pm #2

...and high E2, from when you have monitored naturally (didn't your follicle get up to 24-26 mm or so before ovulating on a natural cycle?) And your history of high E2 shows you don't fall into the range of 200-400 for a mature follicle, it gets higher for you. This is great info for them to have, most patients do not have a documented history of natural cycle monitoring to predict when the egg is ready. You could be 3 days away from triggering on CD 11, ovulating 36 hrs later, which is closer to a normal cycle length for you.

Dr Brasille was helpful as a "don't trigger too soon!" advocate. The nurses are not going to adjust it without a dr's order.

Babydance
Babydance

July 30th, 2011, 3:01 pm #3

I don't know who you are, but you sure know more about my own cycle then me! You are one smart lady.... Makes sense. Hope they will hold it off. XoxoBD

MargieD
MargieD

July 30th, 2011, 4:25 pm #4

I am CD 8 and went in for first monitoring. She said the follicle is 18. I was surprised, def big this early for me, but must be high FSH this month. I did not have CD1 results. So the tech said they will look at BW and likely trigger tonight or tomorrow. I will push for tomorrow, if LH and P4 are ok, bc I often think they (Check) trigger me early. My question is, since my follicle is so big already, isn't it likely my FSH was high and maybe I shouldn't do the IUI and CD 10, 11 is too early for a good egg? Thoughts? I really want to do it, and probably will, because you never know, but just curious about your thoughts on healthy egg. And if you recall any pregnancies this early on in a cycle. I have also been under RIDICULOUS stress. Thanks, in advance.
First - PP sounds like she knows your cycle pretty well so I'd follow her advice!

Secondly - I wanted to comment about your high FSH comment. My FSH is really wacky. When I have CD2/3 FSH numbers of 79 (like it was last month), I did NOT have any measurable follicles. I had follicles... but they were tiny. Fortunately, within a few days, my FSH dropped to normal levels and my follicles grew.

I think you can have SUPER HIGH FSH numbers that your follicles won't budge... and then you can have HIGH which can make it hard to stimulate the follicles... and then high as in high - so that your follicles do grow...

Not sure if I am making any sense... but it's what I've seen with my own cycles..

Sara H
Sara H

July 30th, 2011, 5:00 pm #5

FSH could be good!

Last cycle were you on anything, like progesterone, that delayed AF? I have this wacky theory... or maybe I heard it or something... that you can get more mature follicle earlier if AF was delayed for some reason, like sometimes they can get out of sync!

I will be very interested to see what the numbers say!
PP/Anon had some great thoughts, maybe go with that!

Hugs and all the best,
Sara H

BD
BD

July 30th, 2011, 5:43 pm #6

Lab gave it to me, still awaiting Check.
301 Estradiol
P .63
LH 2.9
FSH 6.5

MargieD
MargieD

July 30th, 2011, 5:46 pm #7

Like the Anon said, I'd wait an extra day or two and recheck numbers....

Keep us posted and good luck!

July 30th, 2011, 7:25 pm #8

probably not high FSH right...the E2 was probably elevated which gave you the early follicle....i dont think the actual FSH number has much to do with whether or not you ovulate early...it's the E2. my highest FSH of 12 was in may, and i still ovulated on day 14....

July 30th, 2011, 7:34 pm #9

Lab gave it to me, still awaiting Check.
301 Estradiol
P .63
LH 2.9
FSH 6.5
Those are very good numbers. And although you don't have other b/w to compare it to, your LH is very low, so there is no surge starting yet. That doesn't mean you couldn't start to surge tomorrow. But I think it buys you more time before you need to trigger.