gray hair and pof

gray hair and pof

January 2nd, 2012, 10:08 pm #1

I just turned 29 and recently found couple of gray hair and when I look at my hair closely I can see that many of the roots r coming out gray. I am pretty sad. My mom didnt have gray hair till 40 and my dad till 55, yes 55!! And me, 29. I know it could be stress but is it because of pof as well?? Also I started seeing cellulite on my leg and when I googled it looks like its an effect of menopause if ur not over weight. I am size 2 or 4, so not over wright...
So there it goes all my confidences with IF , gray hair and no more bathing suit....
Any one else have these side effects with POF..

Please excuse any typos, typed from my cell phone!!!

IVF #1...no fertilization
IVF #2...E2 drop, canceled
IVF #3...E2 drop, canceled
Gearing up for IVF #4

January 2nd, 2012, 11:25 pm #2

I don't think gray hair or cellulite are directly connected to POF. I could be wrong but speaking from my experience. Although I am ten years older than you, I also have a POF diagnoses. I have very little to no gray hair and the same with cellulite (I could stand to lose a few pounds but not much cellulite). Sorry.

Hadas
Hadas

January 3rd, 2012, 4:46 am #3

I just turned 29 and recently found couple of gray hair and when I look at my hair closely I can see that many of the roots r coming out gray. I am pretty sad. My mom didnt have gray hair till 40 and my dad till 55, yes 55!! And me, 29. I know it could be stress but is it because of pof as well?? Also I started seeing cellulite on my leg and when I googled it looks like its an effect of menopause if ur not over weight. I am size 2 or 4, so not over wright...
So there it goes all my confidences with IF , gray hair and no more bathing suit....

Gearing up for IVF #4
I would never assume a link here. For what it's worth, I have plenty of very fertile friends who had early grays... I wouldn't spend time and energy worrying about random potential links at all.

Jainee
Jainee

January 3rd, 2012, 8:08 am #4

Gearing up for IVF #4
Hi Anna
how about your Dad's side of the family........grey hair is usually hereditary.......and thank goodness for hair color
and you are not pof- you are dor and there is a real difference between the two.....you can still see follies and get a period....true pof is when you stop getting AF for at least 6 months and the fsh levels are high and e2 are low.........you still have achance to conceive.
I also think that you need (as hard as this sounds) to get into a more positive space- this is SO important when trying to conceive......I am saying this from a place of caring........do whatever it takes to be positive.........Jainee

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 3rd, 2012, 2:06 pm #5

Gearing up for IVF #4
You are one of the most negative people I have ever run across in this board. You really need to stop trying to find everything wrong with you and your situation. No child will fill the void you have inside. You must fill it first. Then you will be ready for a child.

Sara H
Sara H

January 3rd, 2012, 2:18 pm #6

Gearing up for IVF #4
I have never heard of one however...

You have been experiencing so much stress and both of these can be linked to that. As Jainee said, maybe lifting some of the stress on yourself would help. Trust me, I know this is easier said than done but you might find it helps.

Good luck and, as someone else said, if it bothers you go for a new color! Might be a great pick-me-up!

Hugs,
Sara H

Laura
Laura

January 3rd, 2012, 2:26 pm #7

Gearing up for IVF #4
I think you should lay off the internet. I have several gray hairs, and had them since I was in my early 20s, definitely predating my DOR. My sister has no DOR and has more grays than I. Cellulite is the product of spending many hours per day sitting, as most people do at work, so it can happen to anyone, no matter their age or weight.

Hadas
Hadas

January 3rd, 2012, 3:55 pm #8

You are one of the most negative people I have ever run across in this board. You really need to stop trying to find everything wrong with you and your situation. No child will fill the void you have inside. You must fill it first. Then you will be ready for a child.
This also comes from a place of caring, but all of your negativity is only working against you. Someone posted about strong feelings of hatred a couple of weeks ago and I think all of the well-meaning advice in the replies to that post is good advice for anyone who has strong negative feelings.

Please do everything you possibly can to get rid of this negativity. It breeds more negativity and is literally (I believe this) toxic to your health AND fertility.

January 3rd, 2012, 3:57 pm #9

Gearing up for IVF #4

January 3rd, 2012, 4:00 pm #10

This also comes from a place of caring, but all of your negativity is only working against you. Someone posted about strong feelings of hatred a couple of weeks ago and I think all of the well-meaning advice in the replies to that post is good advice for anyone who has strong negative feelings.

Please do everything you possibly can to get rid of this negativity. It breeds more negativity and is literally (I believe this) toxic to your health AND fertility.
Not u, the way that the anon person said, I found it rude. " no child will fill the void."

Gearing up for IVF #4