gone crazy (pg ment)

gone crazy (pg ment)

maureen
maureen

October 27th, 2011, 12:53 pm #1

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't updated since the icsi post. This ivf is totally draining me. It's a struggle just to function. I'm wondering if it's because it's my last and so it means so much more.

The good news is that we got an 8cell grade a embie. The bad news is that I've been having hot flashes and I'm afraid it's messed up. Also, everytime I've gotten a bfp, I've felt this zinger type of feeling right after ovualtion or ET. Nothing this time. I'm so fearful that this has failed, and that after 9 ivf's I finally get my second 8 cell, and I blew it.

I feel very stressed. Then I feel stressed about being stressed. Am I sabotaging myself?

Maureen

nadia80
nadia80

October 27th, 2011, 1:32 pm #2

I wish I had some useful things to say but i have never experienced IVF or any of these cycle stuff:)

All I can say is it's always the one you least expect...i believe in miracles and dont stress yourself

also i heard that hot flashes after IVF is not too unusual and ppl end up getting BFPs.

Best of Luck !!!!
xoxo
nadia

Sara H
Sara H

October 27th, 2011, 1:58 pm #3

I would not take the hot flashes as a sign either way yet, personally. They gave you tons of meds and now with the weather changing isn't your heat kicking on at odd times? If you are in the North East we are also having icky weather so too many factors in play to could be environmental as of yet.

I hear you on the "zing". I got "zinged" my one IVF cycle so badly it work me up in the middle of the night! But, I hear from the other ladies, each time is different. Maybe you got "zinged" and you were in the middle of something else and missed it? Maybe this is a "zing-free" embie? Again, I would not worry too much about that either way.

(However, it is fun to type zinged! ZINGED! heheheheh, yeah, I'm odd!)

Hang in there, I am sorry about the hotflashes, they stink, but it is probably the meds. Plus, as I understand it, your FSH can go though the roof now with no effect... you got your 8cell embie!

Hugs to you and don't go nuts yet, you have years ahead of you for that!
Sara H

Alli
Alli

October 27th, 2011, 2:26 pm #4

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't updated since the icsi post. This ivf is totally draining me. It's a struggle just to function. I'm wondering if it's because it's my last and so it means so much more.

The good news is that we got an 8cell grade a embie. The bad news is that I've been having hot flashes and I'm afraid it's messed up. Also, everytime I've gotten a bfp, I've felt this zinger type of feeling right after ovualtion or ET. Nothing this time. I'm so fearful that this has failed, and that after 9 ivf's I finally get my second 8 cell, and I blew it.

I feel very stressed. Then I feel stressed about being stressed. Am I sabotaging myself?

Maureen
As I always reiterate, it is not in your hands anymore. I really dont think stress will sabotage you. The embie sounds fantastic. The hormones do crazy stuff to us. Also- could the hot flashes be anxiety? I get hot and cold flashes with anxiety.

Anyways, try to do some meditation, focusing breathing, yoga, or something like that. If you are religious, spend some time in prayer each day. Go for a walk and look at the beautiful fall leaves. You did everything and have to surrender control. Of course, that is the hardest part of this. But please know we all wish you the best.

bigboy
bigboy

October 27th, 2011, 5:31 pm #5

Hi Guys,

Maureen
...im sorry you are struggling. every pregnancy is different...i know it can be frustrating when people say that but it's really true. you just never know.
and let yourself be stressed. for me it was more stressful worrying about being stressed! so it's okay, get it out.

maureen
maureen

October 27th, 2011, 8:35 pm #6

I wish I had some useful things to say but i have never experienced IVF or any of these cycle stuff:)

All I can say is it's always the one you least expect...i believe in miracles and dont stress yourself

also i heard that hot flashes after IVF is not too unusual and ppl end up getting BFPs.

Best of Luck !!!!
xoxo
nadia
I did lots of googling today and found a few bfp with hot flashes. You are right that miracles do happen, so I'm going to try to remain hopeful.

Thanks,
Maureen

maureen
maureen

October 27th, 2011, 8:37 pm #7

As I always reiterate, it is not in your hands anymore. I really dont think stress will sabotage you. The embie sounds fantastic. The hormones do crazy stuff to us. Also- could the hot flashes be anxiety? I get hot and cold flashes with anxiety.

Anyways, try to do some meditation, focusing breathing, yoga, or something like that. If you are religious, spend some time in prayer each day. Go for a walk and look at the beautiful fall leaves. You did everything and have to surrender control. Of course, that is the hardest part of this. But please know we all wish you the best.
You are so right that I need to learn to surrender control. Can you tell that I'm a total control freak? I think this IF has made it 1000 times worse.

I'm just going to repeat over and over to surrender control, surrender control.

Thanks,
Maureen

maureen
maureen

October 27th, 2011, 8:38 pm #8

...im sorry you are struggling. every pregnancy is different...i know it can be frustrating when people say that but it's really true. you just never know.
and let yourself be stressed. for me it was more stressful worrying about being stressed! so it's okay, get it out.
Thanks for understanding that you just can't let stress go sometimes.

Thanks,
Maureen

maureen
maureen

October 27th, 2011, 9:02 pm #9

I would not take the hot flashes as a sign either way yet, personally. They gave you tons of meds and now with the weather changing isn't your heat kicking on at odd times? If you are in the North East we are also having icky weather so too many factors in play to could be environmental as of yet.

I hear you on the "zing". I got "zinged" my one IVF cycle so badly it work me up in the middle of the night! But, I hear from the other ladies, each time is different. Maybe you got "zinged" and you were in the middle of something else and missed it? Maybe this is a "zing-free" embie? Again, I would not worry too much about that either way.

(However, it is fun to type zinged! ZINGED! heheheheh, yeah, I'm odd!)

Hang in there, I am sorry about the hotflashes, they stink, but it is probably the meds. Plus, as I understand it, your FSH can go though the roof now with no effect... you got your 8cell embie!

Hugs to you and don't go nuts yet, you have years ahead of you for that!
Sara H
That's too funny that you were zinged too. I googled like a mad woman today and read that it can be caused by a fluctuation in hormones and some get them with pg and others with menopause. joy!

Let's hope this non-zinger is the ONE!

Thanks,
Maureen

October 30th, 2011, 8:23 pm #10

Hi Guys,

Maureen
my last ivf was the most stressful ever - everyone was upsetting me, I took a terrible cold, I seem to be fighting with everybody, I kept coming across things like ride over a bumpy road (which had me thinking, if there is an embryo trying to implant, I am doing my best not to help it)

anyway, I got pregnant (and I was so convinced I would not - as felt all the signs were against me) and almost 5 years later here I am with my wonderful DS (and 2 more DSs from natural pregnancies + another on the way)

this is after 4 failed iui, 1 abandoned ivf, one failed ivf and then success!

Of course, it would be so much better not to be stressed but it is difficult to control and I once read that if stress really was a barrier to conception, you would think that a pregnancy could never result from a rape (which must cause immense pain, stress and anxiety for affected women) and that is not the case. A terrible thought but it did make me feel better