FSH 23.5 IUI/Injectables

FSH 23.5 IUI/Injectables

Nicole
Nicole

September 19th, 2011, 11:44 pm #1

Well this month my FSH went up I talked with my RE and he agrees that it isn't going down. He does not want to do IVF because he feels that even if my eggs responded to stimulation, it may not make it outside of the body. He agrees that I have plenty of eggs so that is good.

I am scheduled for laproscopy (sp?) in October bc I have a slight blockage in my left tube. Then we are going to do IUI with injectables starting in November.

Has anyone had any success with this? We already did 3 IUI with clomid before we even knew my FSH was out of whack. (When I was on the clomid the levels were normal)

AJ
AJ

September 20th, 2011, 10:10 pm #2

I'm sorry. It sounds like your RE isn't very high FSH friendly. Have you scheduled an appt with Dr Check or am I thinking of someone else? Also, remind me of your age. Personally, I'm not a fan of repeated IUI's. These add up quickly in terms of $$ especially when you start using injectibles. It might not hurt to do one and see how you respond....Is insurance covering your IUI's? Wish I could be of more help:(

Alli
Alli

September 20th, 2011, 11:53 pm #3

Get a new RE. A lap often is unnecessary and can actually worsen your ovarian reserve. I wouldnt do it.