For those that read the Check study posted by KerriA

For those that read the Check study posted by KerriA

June 26th, 2011, 11:11 pm #1

First of all, KerriA, thanks so much for sending this to me and everyone else! So much of what is said in the study explains what Cooper is doing with me and I found it very reassuring.

Here's my question - in the study he refers to hMG (human menopausal gonadotropins). What is that? Or what meds fall into that category?

Thanks!

June 26th, 2011, 11:39 pm #2

The hMG's are the ones that are derived from menopausal urine. I know Repronex and Menopur are two and Bravelle might be as well. The newer ones are called recombinant? OR something like that and those are Gonal F and Follistim.

xoxo, Tracy

KerriA
KerriA

June 27th, 2011, 1:04 am #3

First of all, KerriA, thanks so much for sending this to me and everyone else! So much of what is said in the study explains what Cooper is doing with me and I found it very reassuring.

Here's my question - in the study he refers to hMG (human menopausal gonadotropins). What is that? Or what meds fall into that category?

Thanks!
And Tracy has it just about right on the nose (as usual, Tracy ! ). I think techinically, drugs like menopur and repronex, are referred to as HMGs. These drugs contain LH and FSH and are so named because they are extracted from the urine of postmenopausal women (no joke - they used to get the urine from some nuns in Italy or somewhere).

I'm still studying the review myself and plan to coerce my RE into letting me try some of Check's strategies.
best of luck to you, Cee!
kerri

June 27th, 2011, 1:10 am #4

Thanks!
I must have missed the original post on this topic, but I would love to see a copy. Is there still a way to get the original research? I assume it's via email?
I'll post my email in case that if someone has it. Thank you! RLHOUCK2002 at yahoo dot com.

June 27th, 2011, 1:14 am #5

Emailing it to you now! n/t

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 27th, 2011, 1:35 am #6

Thanks!
definitely a GREAT refresher on all that was discussed on that first consultation with him!

Aside from the medical aspect, I really appreciate that he threw in an economics hint into it...in favor of the patient!!

Concur with Tracy.

hMG is derived from the urine of post-menopausal or pregnant women. It's the "real stuff" meaning it comes from humans. Menopur is an hMG.

Gonal F is an FSH med that is not derived like hMG but instead "manufactured" using recombinant DNA.

btw, HCG is another drug that comes in 2 forms. Ovidrel is the manufactured version and Novarel and Pregnyl are made from the urine of PG women.

P.S. - I wonder if this article is in the stack of articles that we walk away with in that first consult. I have to check!!

June 27th, 2011, 11:45 am #7

Thanks!
is there a link? or email myshalom at rocketmail dot com.

Thx

Gi8
Gi8

June 27th, 2011, 11:53 am #8

I must have missed the original post on this topic, but I would love to see a copy. Is there still a way to get the original research? I assume it's via email?
I'll post my email in case that if someone has it. Thank you! RLHOUCK2002 at yahoo dot com.
Email is gimismith8 at gmail dot com. Thank you!! Gi8

June 27th, 2011, 12:11 pm #9

Emailing it to you now! n/t
Thank you so much! I got it in my email

KerriA
KerriA

June 27th, 2011, 12:24 pm #10

Email is gimismith8 at gmail dot com. Thank you!! Gi8
sent you an email (n/t)