Feeling really low right now (cat issues mentioned- not sure how else to put that)

Feeling really low right now (cat issues mentioned- not sure how else to put that)

Jen
Jen

February 20th, 2012, 3:53 am #1

I know this is a whole different issue, but I'm just feeling horrible. We went and had our second IUI this past Friday, and I was looking forward to having a long weekend to relax, but (long story short) we had to bring our cat to the emergency vet today and leave her there. After a variety of tests, it looks like she has cancer, and it seems likely we might have to put her to sleep tomorrow. I don't know that for sure yet, but the whole thing is aweful. She's 16 years old, but she's been our baby. We got her a few months before we got married and have had her for 15 years. This just sucks all the way around because of course as we are getting the bad news, I start having cramps. I don't have much hope for IUI#2 at this point, and it had looked like it was at least an improvement over IUI#1 (more follicles etc), so this is just super crappy.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

February 20th, 2012, 4:12 am #2

that is heartbreaking about your cat, your baby. I've lost 2 dogs to cancer so I know the pain. One died in my arms en route to be put down. The other I got to put down and I'll never ever forget what that was like. I hope you have strength and peace for what is to come. Just hold that little furball tightly and send her all the love in your heart.

February 20th, 2012, 4:24 am #3

I know this is a whole different issue, but I'm just feeling horrible. We went and had our second IUI this past Friday, and I was looking forward to having a long weekend to relax, but (long story short) we had to bring our cat to the emergency vet today and leave her there. After a variety of tests, it looks like she has cancer, and it seems likely we might have to put her to sleep tomorrow. I don't know that for sure yet, but the whole thing is aweful. She's 16 years old, but she's been our baby. We got her a few months before we got married and have had her for 15 years. This just sucks all the way around because of course as we are getting the bad news, I start having cramps. I don't have much hope for IUI#2 at this point, and it had looked like it was at least an improvement over IUI#1 (more follicles etc), so this is just super crappy.
I'm so sorry about your cat. My cats are both 17 and I found out right before Christmas that my girl Twinks is in early stage renal failure. She almost died that week before Christmas but has bounced back after 4 days at the vet for IV fluids. It has bought her some time, but I have to prepare myself for when the time comes. The main thing is quality of life and for now she still has that. My boy Grady is well. He has a history of bladder stones and I know at this age, another surgery probably won't be possible. I just love them both so much. Like you, they have been a part of my life for so long. I just can't imagine letting them go. I try reminding myself how lucky I have been to have them this long. You sweet girl has had a wonderful home with you for 15 years. I'll be thinking of you and her and hoping you have some more time together, but if the time has arrived for her to go, I wish her a peaceful transition and healing for you. (((hugs)))

xoxo, Tracy

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 20th, 2012, 4:41 am #4

I had to put down my 19 yr old boy last month(right after I told Tracy how well he was doing). He was in end stage renal failure but had been doing very well until Christmas and then dropped really quickly. I was doing sub-q IV fluids at home for his last week but then his eye sight gave out. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I wish you peace. Love her while you have her. Big hugs.

February 20th, 2012, 5:04 am #5

To hear you lost your sweet boy. I really appreciated all the advice I got from you and the other ladies who have dealt with renal failure in a kitty. You just never know how long you are going to have. I'm cherishing each day. (((hugs)))

xoxo, Tracy

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 20th, 2012, 5:27 am #6

I have to admit that I did get a new kitten as the house was too lonely, sad etc. He is 7 months old and I am in love with him already. Now for the funny part-- I stole your name Grady! I totally loved it.

February 20th, 2012, 5:33 am #7

I love it! What color is your new kitty? My boy Grady is an orange and white tabby. Grady is an awesome name. I have to admit that the couple that had the cat that had the kittens I adopted had already named them Addie and Grady. I changed Addie to Twinks but in hindsight, Addie was pretty perfect and Grady just rocked, so I kept it! Enjoy your new arrival.

xoxo, Tracy

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 20th, 2012, 5:42 am #8

Yup, mine is an orange tabby!! No white though. So funny!!

Nadia
Nadia

February 20th, 2012, 7:40 am #9

Jerry. got pg twice in a year and some. I try to ask her sometimes how she does it , she just won't share her protocol!!! Loool.

It can be tough I know especially when other unhappy things occur aside of ttc. Hang in there.

Nadia

Nadia 
Me 31
POF since 2004
DH super duper

Brief history
Feb 2011 to nov 2011 hrt and no af. 
Dhea feb =3.  Oct =5. Jan. =117
Tyroid panel normal

Will be testing karyotype, parathyroid and testosterone.  

Current protocol 
-Began hrt Feb 2012 with added 2 mg estradiol to bring an AF. 
-taking b-complex, b12 shots
-  50000 iui of vit D per week       
-winter cherry for high cortisol                   -RR leaf tea, milk thistle 
-dhea 50mg every few days only. 

Recent bw
my bw Jan 2012. Normal ranges ()
E2 less than 10!!! 
Dheas 107umol/L (98-315)  
fsh = 55
 Cortisol =615 (171-535). 
B12 =127 (148-738). 
Vid d deficient 
Calcium serum 2.60 (2.12-2.55)  
act hormone 44 (6-56).   

Any comments very welcome. I'm just goin with da flow. 

February 20th, 2012, 3:02 pm #10

I have 2 tux's and cant imagine when I have to say goodbye. I hope you can have some peace in the situation. Sucks when you have so many things on your plate.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally