Feeling frustrated...(DE ment.)

Feeling frustrated...(DE ment.)

jmassage
jmassage

February 27th, 2012, 2:32 am #1

So I've been posting lately about getting checked for immune issues before making a decision on DE. I don't meet with REuntil next Wed. and I'm getting very impatient. I'm sure he will be willing to run any test I want. I'm going in there with a list! Some testing has already been done. I posted on another forum about immune issues and the ladies said that even if RE orders tests, unless he is a reproductive immunologist, he probably won't know how to read the reults...ughhh..So, I looked into Dr. Braverman in NYC, but my DH and I just can't afford it. He doesn't take insurance and he is just way too pricy...I realize I could have immune issues that could be causing all these early losses, but couldn't it also JUST be an egg factor as well...I mean my fsh never goes below 20 and amh is 0.16. I guess I'm asking because part of me just wants it to be my eggs. I feel like we can't afford Dr. Braverman, but if we just continue to work with our RE and he doesn't know how to read results, then something will be missed and I'll m/c again with a DE. I'm just feeling stuck and want some answers. Any experience arounf immune testing with your RE would be appreciated, and also the egg thing...I know I'm only 33 so I should have some good eggs left, but it's also possible that I don't and this is the cause of my losses right??

Jamie
Jamie

February 27th, 2012, 2:41 am #2

BUT at age 33 it's more likely that it's something else besides your eggs.

Whatever it costs, I wouldn't proceed with DE until you check out the immune issues thoroughly. Imagine going through the trouble and expense of DE and then getting chemicals. That would be awful.

Erin
Erin

February 27th, 2012, 2:48 am #3

So I've been posting lately about getting checked for immune issues before making a decision on DE. I don't meet with REuntil next Wed. and I'm getting very impatient. I'm sure he will be willing to run any test I want. I'm going in there with a list! Some testing has already been done. I posted on another forum about immune issues and the ladies said that even if RE orders tests, unless he is a reproductive immunologist, he probably won't know how to read the reults...ughhh..So, I looked into Dr. Braverman in NYC, but my DH and I just can't afford it. He doesn't take insurance and he is just way too pricy...I realize I could have immune issues that could be causing all these early losses, but couldn't it also JUST be an egg factor as well...I mean my fsh never goes below 20 and amh is 0.16. I guess I'm asking because part of me just wants it to be my eggs. I feel like we can't afford Dr. Braverman, but if we just continue to work with our RE and he doesn't know how to read results, then something will be missed and I'll m/c again with a DE. I'm just feeling stuck and want some answers. Any experience arounf immune testing with your RE would be appreciated, and also the egg thing...I know I'm only 33 so I should have some good eggs left, but it's also possible that I don't and this is the cause of my losses right??
Hi jmassage- First, I'm so sorry things are so hard right now. I honestly don't know much about immune issues, but when I was in the lab at C.ornell I noticed they had a note posted to the lab techs on the immune labs that Dr. C.hung there orders. It looked like it was all of the labs that people talk about on this forum. I know nothing about him except that he was very nice and positive during one of my u/s's there. His webpage says he specializes in recurrent losses and shows the types of insurance he takes. If you want to check it out:http://www.weillcornell.org/pchung/index.html

As for egg quality, I've always been told that age is the most predicting factor. Wishing you the best and hoping you find answers soon.

February 27th, 2012, 9:51 am #4

Hijmassage..

have you had tests on Chlamydia bacteria? I just accidentally found out that I must have an old infection (not active anymore), so I started investigating. Those can on the one hand cause ovary infections, which might lead to closed-up tubes, but also interfere with your immune system and lead to auto-immune defects.

More info under www.cpnhelp.org

Ciao, Tine

February 27th, 2012, 10:25 am #5

.. and they do attack tissue, also embryos. when they are not detected and treated with ab during pregnancy, they might cause miscarriages.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

February 27th, 2012, 1:38 pm #6

They are one of the very few clinics that treats immune issues and they take insurance. You may even be able to be treated by them if you are not a patient although I once thought that this was not possible. I saw on their message boards that Dr. T mentioned this as a possibility. Dr. Braverman used to work at SIRM before starting his own practice.

jmassage
jmassage

February 27th, 2012, 2:14 pm #7

So I just called SIRM in NYC and they do take our Ins and test for immune issues. Unfortunetely I have to be a client there, but I was thinking couldn't I make appt for consult and have bloodwork done and get results from them, but continue with IVF or DE through my own clinic here?? Not sure about Insurance though??

JMT
JMT

February 27th, 2012, 2:38 pm #8

It doesn't sound like this is possible, but could you take your results to a regular immunologist and have him or her give you feedback? Maybe get a referral from your regular physician (if they are understanding). I went to a rheumatoid doctor ... I can't remember if that's an immunologist ... bc my father died of a rare autoimmune disease and I have this POF and had been having other issues. He ran some basic tests but was kind of aloof. But I found out a rheumatologist is the type of doc who investigates or treats autoimmune things ... maybe you could say you're having additional probs in addition to POF .... I'm very sorry you're going through this.

jmassage
jmassage

February 27th, 2012, 2:51 pm #9

that my RE will be able to read the results?? I mean maybe I'm jumping the gun here a little...

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 27th, 2012, 4:14 pm #10

Hi jmassage- First, I'm so sorry things are so hard right now. I honestly don't know much about immune issues, but when I was in the lab at C.ornell I noticed they had a note posted to the lab techs on the immune labs that Dr. C.hung there orders. It looked like it was all of the labs that people talk about on this forum. I know nothing about him except that he was very nice and positive during one of my u/s's there. His webpage says he specializes in recurrent losses and shows the types of insurance he takes. If you want to check it out:http://www.weillcornell.org/pchung/index.html

As for egg quality, I've always been told that age is the most predicting factor. Wishing you the best and hoping you find answers soon.
I know you WANT the issue to be just egg quality but I really don't think it is. The reason I say that is because you get embryos and you do get pregnant. I am 38.5 and have never even had a chemical pg. I think my eggs are just bad quality and can't even divide to get past a few cells. Yours do but don't stick for the long term. I'd hate you do go through the expense of DE to have the same thing happen if there is an immunological issue. I think the suggestion of SIRM is great since they take your insurance. I know it is so hard but don't leave this stone unturned.