Everyone, take a B-complex...(pg ment)

Everyone, take a B-complex...(pg ment)

Take a guess!
Take a guess!

January 23rd, 2012, 7:45 pm #1

So my 2ww turned into a 9-day w. I couldn't take it any more. I decided that even if I got a BFP, I'd run out and buy more pee sticks, so might as well use it now, because it's probably BFN anyway (not to be negative, but I've become immune to them I think).

AND BFP!!! No stims, no trigger. Natural BFP.

Seriously, 6 months ago an OB looked at me and said "no babies, you're in menopause". I had FSH=70 (not a CD3 number, but that is still extremely high). I started the new year at an RE's office. CD3 FSH=22, AFC effectively 0 (3 very small follies on one side). He said, here's some estrace. Take it and I'll see you in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later he saw a large CL cyst and p4=5, so said I had O. There was even a new 14mm folly on the other side. Good think DH and I BD over the weekend...

Sound familiar? It's me, Laura, who's been on here like every 5 seconds the past week trying to avoid POAS...

It's so early, so I know anything could still happen, but at the very least, I have working ovaries. TWO of them...

Here's what I think helped:

Really, it was probably the estrace. My e2 has been so low, my RE said that it was too low to support growing follies. A vicious cycle; not enough e2 to support follies, so follies don't grow, so they don't release e2, so there's no e2 to support follies...etc. Since NYD, I cut out caffeine and alcohol. I started taking O-3 and B-complex in addition to my prenatal vit. My acupuncturist told me I was "blood-deficient" so I increased my high-quality red meat intake as well as dark green veggies.

BUT, my other good friend got her first BFP after 1 year TTC in the same cycle as me where we both started b-complex at the beginning. Probably just a coincidence, but still...take your B-complex; it can't hurt.

Baby dust to you all! -L

anna
anna

January 23rd, 2012, 7:51 pm #2

i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you, unbelievable, the Laura who didnt even have AF!!!!!! You should tell all the Res and OBGYN who turned you down, IN YOUR FACE. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart sent your way, H&H 9 month.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

January 23rd, 2012, 7:54 pm #3

That is incredible! Can you get your p4 tested? If it is still around 5, you will need supps to support the pg!

Dana
Dana

January 23rd, 2012, 8:02 pm #4

So my 2ww turned into a 9-day w. I couldn't take it any more. I decided that even if I got a BFP, I'd run out and buy more pee sticks, so might as well use it now, because it's probably BFN anyway (not to be negative, but I've become immune to them I think).

Seriously, 6 months ago an OB looked at me and said "no babies, you're in menopause". I had FSH=70 (not a CD3 number, but that is still extremely high). I started the new year at an RE's office. CD3 FSH=22, AFC effectively 0 (3 very small follies on one side). He said, here's some estrace. Take it and I'll see you in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later he saw a large CL cyst and p4=5, so said I had O. There was even a new 14mm folly on the other side. Good think DH and I BD over the weekend...

Sound familiar? It's me, Laura, who's been on here like every 5 seconds the past week trying to avoid POAS...

It's so early, so I know anything could still happen, but at the very least, I have working ovaries. TWO of them...

Really, it was probably the estrace. My e2 has been so low, my RE said that it was too low to support growing follies. A vicious cycle; not enough e2 to support follies, so follies don't grow, so they don't release e2, so there's no e2 to support follies...etc. Since NYD, I cut out caffeine and alcohol. I started taking O-3 and B-complex in addition to my prenatal vit. My acupuncturist told me I was "blood-deficient" so I increased my high-quality red meat intake as well as dark green veggies.

BUT, my other good friend got her first BFP after 1 year TTC in the same cycle as me where we both started b-complex at the beginning. Probably just a coincidence, but still...take your B-complex; it can't hurt.

Baby dust to you all! -L
OMG. That is so awesome. I have been contemplating taking a b vitamin as I heard it's good for fertility. I think you and I are in the same boat. I have been seeing Dr Check for a while and they keep putting me on Ethinyl Estradiol to lower FSH but while doing that at my last B/w, my E2 was 7! So, low E2 just like you with no visible follies. I've been a mess. Thank you for this post. Makes me thinhathor can work for me! Best of luck to you girl!

Long time poster,
Dana

Dana
Dana

January 23rd, 2012, 8:06 pm #5

That last sentence should say that it makes me think it can work for me!

Congrats again,
Dana

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

January 23rd, 2012, 8:11 pm #6

Baby dust to you all! -L
congrats first off!

and for anyone who knows my story...I self-prescribed my own B12 shots. And that was the cycle I got the sticky BFP.

January 23rd, 2012, 8:15 pm #7

Baby dust to you all! -L
Congratulations!! You have helped give all of us hope!

AJ
AJ

January 23rd, 2012, 8:16 pm #8

Baby dust to you all! -L
Congrats- so happy for you:)!!

Jen
Jen

January 23rd, 2012, 8:41 pm #9

Baby dust to you all! -L
Yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What B-Complex vitamin did you take and what is O-3?

Alli
Alli

January 23rd, 2012, 8:54 pm #10

Baby dust to you all! -L
And it worked!! Congrats Laura