Estrace question

Estrace question

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

January 23rd, 2012, 7:58 pm #1

Ladies,
Just trying to figure out if I understand why I am taking estrace post-IUI this cycle. My E2 at trigger was 320. I O'd on CD10 this month. Am I taking estrace post-IUI because this cycle is likely a dud because I O'd too early and the estrace will help to suppress FSH in the luteal phase so I don't O as early next month? I've never taken estrace with an IUI before so I was sure if it was to "help" with this current cycle or if it was more a "plan ahead for next cycle" sort of thing. Thoughts?

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

January 23rd, 2012, 8:10 pm #2

but the fact is that E2 is very important as well. So no, you're not taking E2 to prime for the next cycle; you're taking it to help with a BFP for this cycle.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

January 23rd, 2012, 8:55 pm #3

Last cycle my E2 at 6PO was only 66 so I guess that is why it was added in this cycle then. Always more to learn about this!

Laura
Laura

January 24th, 2012, 12:32 am #4

Ladies,
Just trying to figure out if I understand why I am taking estrace post-IUI this cycle. My E2 at trigger was 320. I O'd on CD10 this month. Am I taking estrace post-IUI because this cycle is likely a dud because I O'd too early and the estrace will help to suppress FSH in the luteal phase so I don't O as early next month? I've never taken estrace with an IUI before so I was sure if it was to "help" with this current cycle or if it was more a "plan ahead for next cycle" sort of thing. Thoughts?
I think it's to support your lining and keep AF from coming too early. nt

smrc
smrc

January 24th, 2012, 12:49 am #5

Ladies,
lowering FSH for next cycle (along with help it provides in supporting any BFP)? I thought it did.

TIA

SMRC

Sara H
Sara H

January 24th, 2012, 3:20 am #6

mine was a bit higher after cycles I did not take it in the 2ww.

I hope others chime in!

Sara H

January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am #7

lowering FSH for next cycle (along with help it provides in supporting any BFP)? I thought it did.

TIA

SMRC
yes, it can help as a <em>primer </em>for the upcoming follicular phase and that's a "secondary" result if the cycle ends in BFN.  But in Mrs. McIrish's case that's presumably not the intent as she was prescribed it <em>post-IUI</em> (and likely due to the fact that her 6DPO E2 last cycle was lowish at 66).

January 24th, 2012, 6:18 am #8

Last cycle my E2 at 6PO was only 66 so I guess that is why it was added in this cycle then. Always more to learn about this!
You can ask the nurses next time but that is likely why they put you on the Estrace this cycle, because a 66 at 6DPO would be seen as low-ish.  I believe Dr. C.heck likes to see at 100 or above.

E2 levels are important to ensure good thick lining for a happy embie to burrow. 

smrc
smrc

January 24th, 2012, 11:42 pm #9

TIA

SMRC
thanks for confirming! n/t