Dr.Check VS. Dr. Cardone

Dr.Check VS. Dr. Cardone

December 14th, 2011, 9:30 pm #1

My FSh is 25, and I am 39 years. I keep see Dr.Raymond in Brigham women's hospital for 8 months. 2 failed IUI. The doctor has no idea to treat me in the future because I don't response to medicine. My period was normal before,but after I did stimulated IUI, my period is very odd, and it is 2 months and sometimes 3 months. but I do ovulate every month, and only 1 or 2 follicles per month without medicine (ultrasound result).My health insurance only covers up to 40 years. I live in Boston and it is convenience to see DR. Cardone, but Dr.Check seems more popular here, any suggestion???

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

December 14th, 2011, 9:37 pm #2

I am making the same decision myself right now! I had a consult with C.ardone yesterday! I am 38, FSH 17.3 (AMH .3) and have failed 2 IVF's (only 2 eggs retrieved and very poor quality). I was booted out by Brigham after this last cycle.

I like C.ardone and his approach is what I wanted in terms of low stim IVF to see if I get better embryos. My problem is I live in RI and it seems like C.ardone's office has never done local monitoring (I want to do u/s and b/w in Providence with the RE that did my IUI's earlier this year). It's a billing issue as C.ardone is actually billed through Boston IVF and they lump sum bill versus line item bill. They said I could go to Worcester for monitoring at Boston IVF but that is still 1.5 hrs roundtrip with no traffic.

I have a consult with C.heck next Wednesday and then will make my decision. I know they work remotely all the time so it may be "easier' on me to go to him versus C.ardone.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

December 14th, 2011, 9:40 pm #3

Since C.ardone is convenient for you, I think you can definitely see him. He is high fsh friendly and said most of his practice is devoted to poor responders. He will put you on a patch the cycle before to get the FSH to come down which seems similar to C.heck's approach with estinyl. Get whatever treatment you can before you turn 40--It's the magic age in MA..Is your insurance Tufts?

December 14th, 2011, 11:26 pm #4

Which is very important to me.My insurance is Blue Cross Blue Shield MA.Good luck with your treatment,Keep me posted. BTW,Dr. Jurema is in RI and he is pretty good too.

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

December 15th, 2011, 1:43 am #5

Glad to hear you have Blue Cross. They are my primary and I think very easy to deal with. Tufts is my secondary and they are a pain.

Where is Jurema? I've seen his name on the highfshinfo website but I don't think he is in RI anymore. I started at Women and Infants and he wasn't there in 1/11. When I just googled his name, it looks like he is in NJ.

December 15th, 2011, 4:21 am #6

I did a lot of research on this forum. He was a pretty popular one back a few years ago and he worked
at Women and Infants in Providence RI
Here is the link:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/m ... rema+in+RI
I never thought he moved out RI. Go luck!