Does the clearblue fertility monitor give you 24 hours notice, or more? nt.

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 16th, 2011, 2:18 pm #1

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 16th, 2011, 2:24 pm #2

Would you be able to use it on a trip overseas, and carry it in your purse to use if you live in 2 places (DP and I live separately, so will have to carry it back and forth to my place and his place).

summerwind03
summerwind03

June 16th, 2011, 3:25 pm #3

Reasonably small, like 3 x 5 inches. A little tricky if you're changing time zones too dramatically. You'd have to think about what time to set it for carefully.

It can give you one to several days notice, if it works for you. It worked ok for me, though I actually ended up preferring regular opks, once I got better about reading my other signs (from Taking Charge of Your Fertility).

JulesM
JulesM

June 16th, 2011, 3:25 pm #4

The monitor has 3 levels, low, high and peak fertility. Usually I would get a few days of "high" before peak... a few times I actually got about 67 days of "high" before peak and I actually thought it wasn't working. But there has been one time that it went from "low" to "peak" and a few times I only got one day of "high" before "peak". The high detects the rise in E2 and the peak the rise in LH.
It is definitely compact. I'd say about 5 inches by 3.5 inches and about an inch thick.

BD
BD

June 16th, 2011, 4:32 pm #5

Reasonably small, like 3 x 5 inches. A little tricky if you're changing time zones too dramatically. You'd have to think about what time to set it for carefully.

It can give you one to several days notice, if it works for you. It worked ok for me, though I actually ended up preferring regular opks, once I got better about reading my other signs (from Taking Charge of Your Fertility).
I am going to Israel - it probably wouldn't work to use it then, right? Or screw up the getting to know you aspect of it with the time change? Deciding if I should invest in this as I'm going natural from now on, and maybe it is a good idea, but maybe not if I'm out of the country this month. Thanks very much, Summer. XO BD

summerwind03
summerwind03

June 16th, 2011, 4:44 pm #6

You have like a 5 hour period to set the wake up period, and then you have to do the test in that time period. I've used it when going to CA, just made sure to set the time period so it would work for wake ups in both places. I would think Israel might be too far though. Hmm.

BD
BD

June 16th, 2011, 4:48 pm #7

I will just wait to use it when I get back. I think it may be good for me to have one month more relaxed anyway and DP will probably appreciate my not peeing on sticks and obsessing while I'm there. Tx for input. I really wouldn't have thought of that until I left probably and then would have been bumbed out!

JulesM
JulesM

June 16th, 2011, 7:59 pm #8

The monitor has 3 levels, low, high and peak fertility. Usually I would get a few days of "high" before peak... a few times I actually got about 67 days of "high" before peak and I actually thought it wasn't working. But there has been one time that it went from "low" to "peak" and a few times I only got one day of "high" before "peak". The high detects the rise in E2 and the peak the rise in LH.
It is definitely compact. I'd say about 5 inches by 3.5 inches and about an inch thick.
That's suppose to say 6 to7 days not 67 days (nt)