Did I pass the CCT? Please help interpret these results

Did I pass the CCT? Please help interpret these results

August 14th, 2011, 7:58 pm #1

I just had my CCT test done and the following were my results:

CD3: E2 = 84, FSH = 4.3, Baseline ultrasound (done per my request) showed I had an 11mm and 12mm follicle on the left side.

CD10: E2 = 63, FSH = 9.4, P4 = 2.9

The nurse told me that based on these numbers, it looks like I have ovulated already either on CD8 or CD9.

My BIG QUESTION: do these numbers indicate that I passed the CCT? The CD3 E2 of 84 concerns me. Also, what concerns me is that my FSH went up so much between CD3 and CD10. I will be turning 40 in a month and CCT required for the next IVF authorization/approval.

Do I request another repeat of the CCT or are these numbers sufficient to get me an approval? I have Tufts insurance and I live in Massachusetts. This will be my last covered IVF under my insurance and I don't want to blow it. Ive had 4 IVFs so far (all BFNs)

Rose

August 14th, 2011, 8:15 pm #2

These numbers look good to me.but I am not an expert . So if u have high FSH ur insurance doesn't pay?

Age=28
FSH=28, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,1st IVf with 2 follicle failed abnormal egg didnt fertilize, DE speech Ugh...

Diane
Diane

August 14th, 2011, 8:22 pm #3

CD3: E2 = 84, FSH = 4.3, Baseline ultrasound (done per my request) showed I had an 11mm and 12mm follicle on the left side.

The nurse told me that based on these numbers, it looks like I have ovulated already either on CD8 or CD9.

My BIG QUESTION: do these numbers indicate that I passed the CCT? The CD3 E2 of 84 concerns me. Also, what concerns me is that my FSH went up so much between CD3 and CD10. I will be turning 40 in a month and CCT required for the next IVF authorization/approval.

Do I request another repeat of the CCT or are these numbers sufficient to get me an approval? I have Tufts insurance and I live in Massachusetts. This will be my last covered IVF under my insurance and I don't want to blow it. Ive had 4 IVFs so far (all BFNs)

Rose
I wish I knew...but the numbers sound pretty good especially the FSH. I am 42 and on CD3 my FSH was 24.6 so they didn't even finish the rest of the CCT...just like dumped me..

Since I stopped ovulating a year ago (just stopped after 31 years of getting normal period every month all my life..I think the insurance company should pay for treatments to make me ovulate...and I should pay for my IUI..and sperm..but because I am over 40 they pay for zip...So unfair...
My diagnosis is mild PCOS...although I have no cysts to speak of when I had a D/C done in January..Another doc said it is my age cause I never had problems before. How do you just come down with "mild PCOS" at age 41?? Big sigh..
I want a family.

Do you have any idea why your IVF's didn't work?? Do you have a diagnosis??

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 14th, 2011, 8:42 pm #4

Rose
for the specific parameters associated with your coverage. Some plans have a cutoff for the estrogen level, in addition to the FSH level.

Rose
Rose

August 14th, 2011, 8:59 pm #5

These numbers look good to me.but I am not an expert . So if u have high FSH ur insurance doesn't pay?

Age=28
FSH=28, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,1st IVf with 2 follicle failed abnormal egg didnt fertilize, DE speech Ugh...
...but I'm not sure so that is why I'm scared. Their E2 cutoff is 80 and since mine is just barely over, I'm not sure if they will reject me.

I'm not sure what I should do. Do I have my RE submit for approval with these stats or recheck my numbers again next month. But, (the big but) is that I will be 40 yrs old next month and from what I hear, its a brand new ballgame when it comes to insurance approvals for patients > or = to 40.

Rose

Rose
Rose

August 14th, 2011, 9:02 pm #6

I wish I knew...but the numbers sound pretty good especially the FSH. I am 42 and on CD3 my FSH was 24.6 so they didn't even finish the rest of the CCT...just like dumped me..

Since I stopped ovulating a year ago (just stopped after 31 years of getting normal period every month all my life..I think the insurance company should pay for treatments to make me ovulate...and I should pay for my IUI..and sperm..but because I am over 40 they pay for zip...So unfair...
My diagnosis is mild PCOS...although I have no cysts to speak of when I had a D/C done in January..Another doc said it is my age cause I never had problems before. How do you just come down with "mild PCOS" at age 41?? Big sigh..
I want a family.

Do you have any idea why your IVF's didn't work?? Do you have a diagnosis??
Hi Diane,

We have "unexplained" IF as our diagnosis. We will be doing PICSI (sp??) dish method to rule out fragmentation issues with the next IVF. BTW, thanks to the ladies on this board, this was recommened. This process picks out the best/healthy spearm (from what I have read), thereby increases chances of fertilization...lets see if this makes a diference.

But, the big hurdle is if I can make it to the next IVF.

Thanks so much for your advice.

Rose

Rose
Rose

August 14th, 2011, 9:54 pm #7

for the specific parameters associated with your coverage. Some plans have a cutoff for the estrogen level, in addition to the FSH level.
Hi Anon and anyone else that might be able to chime in.

My insurance does have E2 and FSH requirement. E2 must be
I have heard Tufts is very strict and I want to be prepared for a rejection incase this is what ends up happening.

Below is a copy/paste of IVF coverage rules under my insurance

a ART is a covered benefit for females who demonstrate infertility as a disease, and or whom fertility is otherwise expected as a natural state (e.g. women
(Note: Clomiphene Citrate Challenge Test (CCCT) needs to be completed annually with the day 3 FSH test repeated every 6 months for any woman > 40 years of age.)

b. Age related infertility is not a covered benefit, and is demonstrated by an abnormal CCCT in women > age 40. This is defined by:

1) Cycle Days 3 and/or 10 FSH levels >15 mIU/ml and/or the day 3 Estradiol Level >80pg/mL (for women age 40 and 41). or
2) Cycle Days 3 and/or 10 FSH levels >12 mIU/ml and/or the day 3 Estradiol level >80 pg/mL (for women age >42).

c. ART using a woman¡¯s own eggs continues to be the treatment of choice for women

Diane
Diane

August 14th, 2011, 10:02 pm #8

Hi Diane,

We have "unexplained" IF as our diagnosis. We will be doing PICSI (sp??) dish method to rule out fragmentation issues with the next IVF. BTW, thanks to the ladies on this board, this was recommened. This process picks out the best/healthy spearm (from what I have read), thereby increases chances of fertilization...lets see if this makes a diference.

But, the big hurdle is if I can make it to the next IVF.

Thanks so much for your advice.

Rose
Well, this is all new to me. I am just hoping to do my first IUI and it has cost me an arm and a leg.. Have you done IUI?? It's supposed to be a lot cheaper - if your insurance company won't pay for IVF any longer and your tubes are clear...they say it's just as good a chance..or so I was reading on someones post about IUI over 40...
Good luck.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 14th, 2011, 10:10 pm #9

Hi Anon and anyone else that might be able to chime in.

My insurance does have E2 and FSH requirement. E2 must be
I have heard Tufts is very strict and I want to be prepared for a rejection incase this is what ends up happening.

Below is a copy/paste of IVF coverage rules under my insurance

a ART is a covered benefit for females who demonstrate infertility as a disease, and or whom fertility is otherwise expected as a natural state (e.g. women
(Note: Clomiphene Citrate Challenge Test (CCCT) needs to be completed annually with the day 3 FSH test repeated every 6 months for any woman > 40 years of age.)

b. Age related infertility is not a covered benefit, and is demonstrated by an abnormal CCCT in women > age 40. This is defined by:

1) Cycle Days 3 and/or 10 FSH levels >15 mIU/ml and/or the day 3 Estradiol Level >80pg/mL (for women age 40 and 41). or
2) Cycle Days 3 and/or 10 FSH levels >12 mIU/ml and/or the day 3 Estradiol level >80 pg/mL (for women age >42).

c. ART using a woman¡¯s own eggs continues to be the treatment of choice for women
it looks like you would be denied. Can you do the test again next month to see if your cd3 level is better?

Rose
Rose

August 14th, 2011, 10:30 pm #10

...but my question is that if have my RE submit for approaval with current results, and I get denied, then does it automatically deny me if I get better results next month? I hear that the appeal proces can be very difficult. The insurance lady at this RE's office is not very helpful so I am trying to be my own advocate.

I'm not sure if its better to submit these numbers at age 39 (even though I might get denied) or wait till next month, when I will be 40 yo and the rules of insurance company are even harder.

Any suggestion??

Rose