Did estinyl NOT work for anyone?

Did estinyl NOT work for anyone?

Cee
Cee

May 11th, 2011, 3:37 pm #1

I finally got the prescription filled for estinyl estradiol, which is Freedom's estinyl, and I've been taking it for almost 2 weeks now. And my FSH hasn't gone down much at all. Or maybe it has and the mid-20s is low for me (ugh, how depressing if that's true). Anyway, just wanted to get input from you ladies and see what your experience has been.

Also wondered if it can suppress you? On CD2 & CD8 my u/s showed pretty much nothing going on in my ovaries. This is the first time this has happened, and I wondered if it's due to the estinyl, since that's the only thing different I've done lately.

Hopeful2
Hopeful2

May 11th, 2011, 3:46 pm #2

Hi, When i first started taking it , it worked like a charm. it lowered it from 69 to less than 1. a few months into it i remember instead of supressing the FSH kept climbing. So D. Check told me to take 2 pills a day and that got the FSH back down. So sometimes strange things happen. Did you just start taking estinyl? How long are you on it?

Cee
Cee

May 11th, 2011, 3:55 pm #3

When I spoke to Cooper on Monday they told me to continue taking it but didn't tell me to increase the dosage. So right now I'm taking 0.2mg once a day.

Tanya
Tanya

May 11th, 2011, 4:26 pm #4

I finally got the prescription filled for estinyl estradiol, which is Freedom's estinyl, and I've been taking it for almost 2 weeks now. And my FSH hasn't gone down much at all. Or maybe it has and the mid-20s is low for me (ugh, how depressing if that's true). Anyway, just wanted to get input from you ladies and see what your experience has been.

Also wondered if it can suppress you? On CD2 & CD8 my u/s showed pretty much nothing going on in my ovaries. This is the first time this has happened, and I wondered if it's due to the estinyl, since that's the only thing different I've done lately.

One time I took it, it lowered my FSH from 20 something to 8. The second time, my FSH barely budged from mid twenties so Cooper increased the dose to 2x per day and it came down.
This past month, they had me start it as soon as I got my negative beta and my CD3 reading was a 8.
I asked the nurse why it didn't work the one month and she said that each month is different.

I know it can be frustrating, I'm sorry you have to go through this.

May 11th, 2011, 10:52 pm #5

I have to ask...are you sure that the Freedom estinyl and the Success Meds estinyl are the same thing?

I have never ever used this product. But from being on these boards I was always under the impression that this drug had to come from Success Meds.

It's very possible that I am very wrong on this but wanted to bring up just in case.

May 11th, 2011, 11:27 pm #6

but maybe I'll ask the nurse next time I talk to them. The nurse from Cooper asked what pharmacy I used and then called in the prescription to Freedom. It says "Ethinyl Estradiol" on the label and the dosage is 0.02mg. That's what I've heard the dosage is on estinyl.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 11th, 2011, 11:30 pm #7

I'd call Success Meds and ask them - they might know better n/t

May 12th, 2011, 1:28 am #8

This drug did not work for me from Oct-Jan and I was so not a believer. I took a break from Jan-Apr and just decided to start it up on CD3 in May and did the whole b/w thing and it worked this cycle. I am going for an IUI tomorrow after growing a follicle all by myself (with the estinyl ofcourse). Good Luck I hope things turn around for you!

SMRC
SMRC

May 12th, 2011, 3:41 am #9

I have to ask...are you sure that the Freedom estinyl and the Success Meds estinyl are the same thing?

I have never ever used this product. But from being on these boards I was always under the impression that this drug had to come from Success Meds.

It's very possible that I am very wrong on this but wanted to bring up just in case.
so there is definitely more than one source for it, to the extent this is helpful.

SMRC
SMRC

May 13th, 2011, 8:45 pm #10

Hi Cee - this string may be over and done with but just wanted to let you know that I had a VERY bad experience with coming off of estinyl in January. It was not lowering my FSH and instead of being patient and staying on it, after 2 weeks I decided to come off, because I do ovulate on my own. This was a bad move, and I should have tapered off of it instead, because my FSH rebounded extremely high (like menopausal levels) when I came off. So with estinyl the key/danger is to stay on once you're on to let it do it's thing and to be very careful coming off. Karen GH had a similar experience too. Hope this is helpful.