Cycle may not be cancelled after all

Cycle may not be cancelled after all

August 7th, 2012, 3:34 am #1

First IVF cycle. Went in last Monday and was told had one follie 5mm, and 1 10mm. Last Thursday was told 1 follie had only grown to 7mm, and the other follie, was actually a cyst that didn't change. So my doctor gave me the option to continue stim and see what happened today, or cancel the cycle. Decided to continue based on logistics, and today was told 1 follie is now 14mm (good!) and there is a previously unnoticed follie that is 7mm (where did that come from?). Was feeling very low about how poorly I was responding to high high stim. So feeling better, but confused. Going back Wednesday, so we'll see where we are then.

Am doing u/s at an off-site. So I don't get to talk to my own doc, just the nurses, and the doc who sees me wont really talk to me. I made sure to specifically ask her today to tell me what she is seeing: before she said nothing and just sent to results to my doc. I'm feeling she resents that I am still around, since she herself has given me up as a lost cause. It's a weird relationship.

Anyone else have this?

August 7th, 2012, 4:06 am #2

I think that's the best way to describe the relationship with the local RE - "weird."

I try to get over it, though. I try to remind myself that if they knew what they were doing I'd still be working with them and their REs. I got a BFP earlier this year and although that ended in m/c two weeks later, it was further than they had taken me. They don't realize this, though, because after the last u/s, I ended up doing all of my b/w at the local lab. I just try to brush it off and let it go.

Good luck with the cycle...

August 7th, 2012, 3:49 pm #3

First IVF cycle. Went in last Monday and was told had one follie 5mm, and 1 10mm. Last Thursday was told 1 follie had only grown to 7mm, and the other follie, was actually a cyst that didn't change. So my doctor gave me the option to continue stim and see what happened today, or cancel the cycle. Decided to continue based on logistics, and today was told 1 follie is now 14mm (good!) and there is a previously unnoticed follie that is 7mm (where did that come from?). Was feeling very low about how poorly I was responding to high high stim. So feeling better, but confused. Going back Wednesday, so we'll see where we are then.

Am doing u/s at an off-site. So I don't get to talk to my own doc, just the nurses, and the doc who sees me wont really talk to me. I made sure to specifically ask her today to tell me what she is seeing: before she said nothing and just sent to results to my doc. I'm feeling she resents that I am still around, since she herself has given me up as a lost cause. It's a weird relationship.

Anyone else have this?
I had at least 4 ultrasounds and everyone (including RE) said 2 follies. Came out with 3 eggs! You never know.

As to the monitoring RE, just try to let it brush off. I had my OB's office monitor me so thank goodness I didnt have an horrible comments about why I am even doing IVF. These techs were like, yay! Your AFC is 2.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

August 7th, 2012, 5:47 pm #4

I think that's the best way to describe the relationship with the local RE - "weird."

I try to get over it, though. I try to remind myself that if they knew what they were doing I'd still be working with them and their REs. I got a BFP earlier this year and although that ended in m/c two weeks later, it was further than they had taken me. They don't realize this, though, because after the last u/s, I ended up doing all of my b/w at the local lab. I just try to brush it off and let it go.

Good luck with the cycle...
Sometimes I feel like I am going through this just to prove the off-site RE wrong. If I actually get preg, I think she'll be my first call: "in your face, dr. skeptic!" And she'll be all "um..who is this?" Oh yeah. It'll be sweet...

August 7th, 2012, 5:59 pm #5

I had at least 4 ultrasounds and everyone (including RE) said 2 follies. Came out with 3 eggs! You never know.

As to the monitoring RE, just try to let it brush off. I had my OB's office monitor me so thank goodness I didnt have an horrible comments about why I am even doing IVF. These techs were like, yay! Your AFC is 2.
So there was actually a third follie they didn't pick up on u/s but they were able to find it for retrieval?
This process is so odd. Maybe I really have 10 secret follies that they will suddenly discover at retrieval! Seriously doubtful. But a gal can dream...

Alli
Alli

August 7th, 2012, 6:39 pm #6

I magically had a third! I remember waking up from ER and thinking I was dreaming. I now have triplets and all 3 came from the rt ovary. I had already had 1 canceled IVF so DH and I agreed to go even with 1 follie. A nice little surprise.

And yes, a girl can dream!!

MargieD
MargieD

August 8th, 2012, 11:21 am #7

Sometimes I feel like I am going through this just to prove the off-site RE wrong. If I actually get preg, I think she'll be my first call: "in your face, dr. skeptic!" And she'll be all "um..who is this?" Oh yeah. It'll be sweet...
I feel the same way...

C-oopers had me in to check if I had ovulated and the local RE was like, "what are you here for???"

Ugh!

August 9th, 2012, 1:21 am #8

I magically had a third! I remember waking up from ER and thinking I was dreaming. I now have triplets and all 3 came from the rt ovary. I had already had 1 canceled IVF so DH and I agreed to go even with 1 follie. A nice little surprise.

And yes, a girl can dream!!
Wow, that's amazing! I'm so happy for you and your family.