Corpus luteum

Corpus luteum

Cee
Cee

June 23rd, 2011, 6:59 pm #1

I just talked to Diane at Cooper and asked her about not seeing the corpus luteum on the u/s. She said they'd like to see one but that it's not a big deal if they don't because that's why they put people on P4 support.

My P4 from today's u/s at 7dpiui was 52. I am taking 400mg of P4 suppositories 2 times/day though. My lining didn't convert so they're going to have me add a prometrium pill at night.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 23rd, 2011, 8:25 pm #2

Really the important thing is what your b/w shows and the lining. As for the lining, in your other post you mention the tech was a little flakey today. Do you think you can even trust her judgement on the lining pattern? Maybe it did convert - your P4 level is really good to begin with. But since Cooper only has the u/s report to go by I guess they feel should go ahead and increase the P4. Won't hurt! Good luck this cycle!!!

June 23rd, 2011, 8:37 pm #3

is that what is supposed to happen?

gisg

Cee
Cee

June 23rd, 2011, 9:00 pm #4

MargieD
MargieD

June 23rd, 2011, 9:13 pm #5

The nurse said that my lining was triple lining, but not really because the lines were not defined - fuzzy, actually. She wasn't really sure. Said that I could be having a period coming. I asked her some questions - to help her figure it out. She promised to talk to the doctor.

I don't know if she did, but Coopers called and said that my lining converted. Whew!!

But nice to know what they do if the lining doesn't convert!

Cee
Cee

June 23rd, 2011, 9:24 pm #6

After raising the progesterone to 400mg twice a day I still got nothin'. Ugh! Stupid body.

MargieD
MargieD

June 23rd, 2011, 9:31 pm #7

And if HCG helps with P4 numbers, then why not inject yourself with 10,000 units instead of 5,000 units of HCG - after the Lupron shots??

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 23rd, 2011, 9:32 pm #8

After raising the progesterone to 400mg twice a day I still got nothin'. Ugh! Stupid body.
I think my speed-reading got me mixed up and I thought it was Cee's tech who was unsure how to determine the lining. I see now it was Margie's.

Regardless, Cee, are you sure they knew what they were doing today with reading your lining?

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 23rd, 2011, 9:34 pm #9

And if HCG helps with P4 numbers, then why not inject yourself with 10,000 units instead of 5,000 units of HCG - after the Lupron shots??
It's a boost...so it's normally something like 3,000 or 6,000 thereabouts. Some women do more than one boost at different poiints in the LP but generally it's just one.

Cee
Cee

June 23rd, 2011, 9:48 pm #10

I think my speed-reading got me mixed up and I thought it was Cee's tech who was unsure how to determine the lining. I see now it was Margie's.

Regardless, Cee, are you sure they knew what they were doing today with reading your lining?
They've never acted like they don't know, there really hasn't been a reason to question them. And Cooper hasn't questioned it either so who knows. On a previous cycle I asked the NP that was doing it about the pattern and she pointed out to me what she was looking for.

Speaking of, I still don't understand how you can see a pattern in the lining! LOL