Cornell scale

Cornell scale

hopeful2
hopeful2

May 13th, 2011, 9:21 pm #1

Hi, does anyone know if Cornel has a differen way of measuring Estradiol? I know they have a different scale for FSH.

Thanks

sch1star
sch1star

May 13th, 2011, 10:01 pm #2

They use 2 tests (each time point is evaluated for E2 with both methods). One is a standardized FDA approved assay and the other is a longstanding homebrew.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 13th, 2011, 10:08 pm #3

Hi, does anyone know if Cornel has a differen way of measuring Estradiol? I know they have a different scale for FSH.

Thanks
the "other" way to report the E2 that they use is RIA.

radioimmunoassay method. I only very superficially know about this because I am a former Cornell patient. When Cornell runs E2, they run it RIA, in addition to the "regular" way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioimmunoassay

hopeful2
hopeful2

May 16th, 2011, 5:31 pm #4

Doesnt look like i am doing too well as far as stimulation. my E2 was 38 on day 2 and went down to 29 on day 5. oh well.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 16th, 2011, 10:26 pm #5

what protocol are you on?

hopeful2
hopeful2

May 17th, 2011, 12:59 am #6

I was on BCP for 13 days then I started 20 units of Lupron and 300 gonal F and 300 menopur. E2 went from 38 to 29 to 20 its so frustrating. I did have 5 antral follicles. Most of the time I have no antrals and sometimes 1 to 2 so I thought I might have chance this month. oh well. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 17th, 2011, 1:28 pm #7

Some of us, inculding me, get shut down by Lupron and can't seem to get the follies going. And then with the added potential suppressing factor of BCPs...and forget it. I know that for me, BCP and Lupron are just not good at all. When I was at Cornell I did EPP twice, and that too shut me down. Did the RE mention stopping the Lupron and seeing what happens in the following days? I'd do that before cancelling the cycle altogether. Good Luck.

Hopeful2
Hopeful2

May 17th, 2011, 3:17 pm #8

Hi Mrs. A. Thanks for your advice. your so helpful. I am with Dr Owen Davis. He has me doing 2 more days of meds to see what happens. I think I will ask him if i should stop the Lupron. Which doctor did u see at Cornell?

Thanks

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 17th, 2011, 4:32 pm #9

I was with Dr. Davis for 5 cycles.

Curious, why the BCP instead of his "standard" EPP of patches and ganirelix?

If you drop off the Lupron you might see something pick up. I would shoot him an email for his thoughts.

hopeful2
hopeful2

May 17th, 2011, 9:51 pm #10

I asked her if I should hold the Lupron and she said she asked Dr. Davis and he said its neither here nor there. He does think thats the problem. What should I do? I dont know what to do.