Cornell contact and protocol question

Cornell contact and protocol question

Houston
Houston

April 21st, 2012, 1:18 pm #1

I am on epp. My calendar says change the patch 3 times then expect my period. I started a day earlier than predicted. So, do you know if I should leave this patch on or change it as the calendar says.

Also does anyone know how to talk to a nurse on Saturdays?

Erin
Erin

April 21st, 2012, 1:57 pm #2

Leave the patch you already have on for 5 days from when you put it on. This is how I got so messed up before! They need to make it more clear. It's okay that it came early- the "3 patches" is an estimate. Just call the main number to reach the answering service, and I believe they will direct your call a nurse or doctor on call depending on the issue. Good luck!!!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

April 21st, 2012, 2:07 pm #3

I am on epp. My calendar says change the patch 3 times then expect my period. I started a day earlier than predicted. So, do you know if I should leave this patch on or change it as the calendar says.

you change the patch every other day. The patch that you have on when AF arrives should remain on until it falls off on its own but should be on no more than 7 days from when you first put it on.

Houston
Houston

April 21st, 2012, 2:18 pm #4

Thanks! I feel much better now. I keep having one issue after another this cycle. I really need to get it together and ask more questions during the week so I don't mess something up.

Erin
Erin

April 21st, 2012, 6:45 pm #5

you change the patch every other day. The patch that you have on when AF arrives should remain on until it falls off on its own but should be on no more than 7 days from when you first put it on.
You do change the patch every other day- I didn't pick that up from the first post. And they told me to keep the patch on for 5 days if it hadn't fallen off by then, not 7 (although I did think it should be 7, but the nurse insisted it was 5). In any case, good luck and yes, ask lots of questions!