Cooper Phone Consult,Dr Check doesnt accept new patient

Cooper Phone Consult,Dr Check doesnt accept new patient

June 1st, 2011, 6:45 pm #1

So I called Cooper and Dr check doesnt do phone consult with new patient. I am in LA if he gives me hope and look at my record, I am willing to fly there but I cant fly all the way just for the initial visit. They said I can do my initial visit with other doctor at Cooper and they all follow the same protocol. But I really want to talk with him. Does anyone here know Dr. Check personally and have good relation with and maybe can talk to him to do phone consult with me. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I am devastated after this 1st IVf and my abnormal egg

Any suggestion on who to consult with at Copper besides Check???

Age=28
FSH=28, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,1st IVf with 2 follicle failed abnormal egg didnt fertilize, DE speech Ugh...

Jamie
Jamie

June 1st, 2011, 7:50 pm #2

Check just doesn't do phone consults; your choices are talk to someone else or fly up there for the consult. I doubt that anyone is going to be able to get an exception for you--Check is extremely busy. The consult is several hours and worth your time. Good luck!

Tanya
Tanya

June 1st, 2011, 8:16 pm #3

So I called Cooper and Dr check doesnt do phone consult with new patient. I am in LA if he gives me hope and look at my record, I am willing to fly there but I cant fly all the way just for the initial visit. They said I can do my initial visit with other doctor at Cooper and they all follow the same protocol. But I really want to talk with him. Does anyone here know Dr. Check personally and have good relation with and maybe can talk to him to do phone consult with me. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I am devastated after this 1st IVf and my abnormal egg

Age=28
FSH=28, AOAB, endo stage 4, right overy very small, left overy covered with endo,1st IVf with 2 follicle failed abnormal egg didnt fertilize, DE speech Ugh...
I agree with Jamie that you will need to travel to see Dr. Check. I was hesitant at first but I am so thankful that I made the trip. Here is the link from my consult last July.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/t ... %28long%29

Since that initial consult with Dr. Check I have done all my monitoring remotely and they fax the results to Cooper each day. I did travel to NJ for IVF but considering the low cost of IVF at Cooper it was no more expensive then if I did it locally.
I have been talking with Dr. Cohen regarding some test results and she is very intelligent and easy to talk too.

Good Luck!

Jim Williams
Jim Williams

June 1st, 2011, 8:51 pm #4

Age=28
Dr Sonja Kristiansen has done phone consults in the past and may be willing to in your case if you can get prior medical records to her office. You can find out more information at www.CallDrK.com

June 1st, 2011, 8:54 pm #5

I agree with Jamie that you will need to travel to see Dr. Check. I was hesitant at first but I am so thankful that I made the trip. Here is the link from my consult last July.

Since that initial consult with Dr. Check I have done all my monitoring remotely and they fax the results to Cooper each day. I did travel to NJ for IVF but considering the low cost of IVF at Cooper it was no more expensive then if I did it locally.
I have been talking with Dr. Cohen regarding some test results and she is very intelligent and easy to talk too.

Good Luck!
Tanya did you have sucess yet?

Age=28

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 1st, 2011, 9:01 pm #6

Age=28
Once you are an established patient then you can get on his callback list for appointments, but that first long appointment has to be in person.

Dr Brasile at Cooper might be good to have the consult with if you absolutely cannot get to the clinic in person to meet with Dr Check.

I agree it would be a real hardship to try to do long distance clinic appointments to NJ from CA.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 1st, 2011, 9:04 pm #7

Dr Sonja Kristiansen has done phone consults in the past and may be willing to in your case if you can get prior medical records to her office. You can find out more information at www.CallDrK.com
Per your email address, it looks like you work for her n/t

June 1st, 2011, 9:08 pm #8

for G-d sake plzzz,

Tanya
Tanya

June 1st, 2011, 11:59 pm #9

Tanya did you have sucess yet?

Age=28
One via ivf that ended in mc and the second time naturally with monitoring

Jamie
Jamie

June 2nd, 2011, 12:08 am #10

Good Luck!
I talked with her after my initial consult with Check and agree that she is great.