Cooper monitoring

Cooper monitoring

August 6th, 2012, 8:00 pm #1

I have a blank IVF Callback form. Can I fill that in on monitoring days and fax it in? Has anyone done this? Just wondering if it's anymore effective then leaving a voice message.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

August 6th, 2012, 8:13 pm #2

I found it TOTALLY helpful to use the fax-in form. I put in my name, phone number, etc., made a ton of copies of it and just faxed it in every time. It helped stop this annoyance whereby they would call me back on the wrong number, even if I left a specific number on the voice mail. Also, you can put helpful information on the form like "blood test results will be delayed today" or "away for long weekend so no monitoring possible next 3 days" and they generally always were able to integrate this information.

Good luck, Tripplebe! I hope this is your lucky month. xoxo

Sara Q
Sara Q

August 6th, 2012, 8:26 pm #3

I do it too! It's MUCH easier. n/t

Nancy
Nancy

August 6th, 2012, 8:36 pm #4

I found it TOTALLY helpful to use the fax-in form. I put in my name, phone number, etc., made a ton of copies of it and just faxed it in every time. It helped stop this annoyance whereby they would call me back on the wrong number, even if I left a specific number on the voice mail. Also, you can put helpful information on the form like "blood test results will be delayed today" or "away for long weekend so no monitoring possible next 3 days" and they generally always were able to integrate this information.

Good luck, Tripplebe! I hope this is your lucky month. xoxo
I use it too but on two occasions never got a callback so now I always send the fax and call. I think sometimes it got misplaced but not sure. It is definitely helpful for adding notes and so they have a hard copy of your number.

GL!

Nancy

August 7th, 2012, 1:35 am #5

I have a blank IVF Callback form. Can I fill that in on monitoring days and fax it in? Has anyone done this? Just wondering if it's anymore effective then leaving a voice message.
We have one of those all-in-one printers(fax + scan). I am thinking of writing on the order to send a copy of the monitoring reports directly to me or possibly crossing off Coo.per's fax number and putting my own down. That way I know for certain that the results are sent. Have you had any luck with that?

I really hate that call where the nurse's never received results. Then I go back forth for the next few hours trying to get things sent/resent. I know it's adding a middle man (me) but I'm the only one with a vested interest that everything falls into place.

The last place I did monitoring wouldn't give me the results directly when I asked. Thought maybe writing it on the order might help.

Nancy
Nancy

August 7th, 2012, 3:08 am #6

I have had lots of issues with cooper receiving my results so I always have the monitoring place also fax to me. At first they didn't like the idea but I had so many problems they agreed. I don't write it on the order though but it wouldn't hurt to try! Can you tell them you had problems and maybe they'll come around like my clinic did? I have also gone to a hospital for b/w and they will also fax to me as long as I sign a release agreement stating mt fax is personal and private so there are no hippa violations. Hope it works out!

NAncy

Jess
Jess

August 7th, 2012, 8:52 pm #7

We have one of those all-in-one printers(fax + scan). I am thinking of writing on the order to send a copy of the monitoring reports directly to me or possibly crossing off Coo.per's fax number and putting my own down. That way I know for certain that the results are sent. Have you had any luck with that?

I really hate that call where the nurse's never received results. Then I go back forth for the next few hours trying to get things sent/resent. I know it's adding a middle man (me) but I'm the only one with a vested interest that everything falls into place.

The last place I did monitoring wouldn't give me the results directly when I asked. Thought maybe writing it on the order might help.
I often have this same problem- Co.oper nurses call to tell me they can't read the fax or didn't get it etc etc. They usually ask me for my local clinic's # and actually get it sorted out themselves. There have been times, however, that they didn't tell me they couldn't read it until 6:00pm and by then my local place was closed. When that happened, they said they took a guess (!) on the numbers.

I will sometimes call my place and get the results too just in case Co.oper can't read it. I should really do it every time, but I hate having to make so many phone calls! (phone phobia here)

If your local clinic will send you the results, I think it's a good idea. I wish wish wish we could all just go to Co.oper for monitoring. The OOT thing really makes it so stressful!

Good luck this cycle!!

Sara Q
Sara Q

August 7th, 2012, 9:17 pm #8

It's from a company called "MyFax" and it costs about $10 a month. (First month is free.) One of the best IF-related investments I've ever made. When they fax it to Coo.per they also fax it to me (I write my number directly on the sheet) and then if Co.oper loses it I have it as well. And I keep all of my records on my hard drive so we can use them to inform the next cycle.

-Sara Q

Nancy
Nancy

August 7th, 2012, 9:44 pm #9

I also use myfax and the oot anxiety went down dramatically. I found it to be really helpful!

Nancy