Check chicks...

Check chicks...

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 9th, 2011, 12:20 pm #1

You know how you have to go for BW and US 3 days post transfer or a week after ovulation to check the lining? I have never had a problem with my lining and I just don't want to go for it. I'm pretty sure this IVF is a bust, and I just don't want to spend anymore money on it, money is tight, and I need to finance the next 3 IVF's with SIRM. Did anyone skip this? I really just don't want to do it. Or did anyone do and have to change their meds because of it??

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 9th, 2011, 12:28 pm #2

don't don't don't!

you really should do this last monitoring. Because YES - they will change your meds based on the results should they not be as expected. They may increase your P4 or add in E2 supp.

I did skip it my last IVF with them but that was because I had NO CHOICE. I was in Europe.

Remember, every cycle is different and just because you never had a problem with your lining in the past, you don't know if you may need some attention THIS cycle. Please go.

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 9th, 2011, 12:40 pm #3

I'm not even sure why they transferred me. Someone posted on the other board they had a four cell success, but they didn't say what day they transfered, it was probably day 2. It's just too behind. I do not think I will go, I just really want to know if anyone actually ever changed their meds based on the 7DPO check. I doubt it happens that often.

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 9th, 2011, 12:42 pm #4

if there were 2 and they were twins, and their is some thought the more then one embie helps them implant... or another 5 cell, and it's probably the 5 that makes it. I just can't spend any more money on this... thanks though..

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 9th, 2011, 12:44 pm #5

I just had a dream that a friend of mine from a long time ago moved to NY and was working their for a year without telling me - and her reason was - because I don't have children! I'm in the dumps...

Tanya
Tanya

June 9th, 2011, 12:50 pm #6

don't don't don't!

you really should do this last monitoring. Because YES - they will change your meds based on the results should they not be as expected. They may increase your P4 or add in E2 supp.

I did skip it my last IVF with them but that was because I had NO CHOICE. I was in Europe.

Remember, every cycle is different and just because you never had a problem with your lining in the past, you don't know if you may need some attention THIS cycle. Please go.
One cycle they introduced estrace and I have always been on it now in my 2ww.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 9th, 2011, 12:59 pm #7

I just had a dream that a friend of mine from a long time ago moved to NY and was working their for a year without telling me - and her reason was - because I don't have children! I'm in the dumps...
and I get it. But you've come this far. See it to it's proper close because you don't know what the end result will be.

I know I know I know that you know you know you know. I'm the same way...stubborn that I know what I know and no one can tell me different. But thank God for others to try to have me see things differently.

I hope that you can re-think this. The emotions are raw but you can't give up now. That would be so wrong. If your most precious family member was hanging off a cliff and you were the only one there to help pull them over to safety, would you say sorry I can't? I don't have the strength? Please don't dare to give up. You only just had this little tiny embie transferred. It's so wrong to give up now. If he has a chance, be there for him to help him over the cliff! That's what the 6DPO testing is for - to make sure that if there's any risk it's nipped in the bud right away.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 9th, 2011, 1:10 pm #8

BD,

I know that you are upset...but please listen to Mrs. A's sage advice. I also think that you are so upset that you are jumping to conclusions that should not be made. I just did a quick google search and there are LOTS of stories of 4-cell success on Day 3. You are jumping to a conclusion that the reason that many of these worked is because more than one embie was implanted. You don't know that. Maybe it's so...maybe it's not so. I just know that you need to go in and follow this through. You said yourself that this is the furtherest you've come in a long time. I just want the best for you and know that anything can happen and IMHO, getting pregnant with a 4-cell is not as much of a long-shot as you have convinced yourself that it is...especially since that embie was made on low stims.

Keep the faith....as always...rooting for you.

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 9th, 2011, 1:12 pm #9

and I get it. But you've come this far. See it to it's proper close because you don't know what the end result will be.

I know I know I know that you know you know you know. I'm the same way...stubborn that I know what I know and no one can tell me different. But thank God for others to try to have me see things differently.

I hope that you can re-think this. The emotions are raw but you can't give up now. That would be so wrong. If your most precious family member was hanging off a cliff and you were the only one there to help pull them over to safety, would you say sorry I can't? I don't have the strength? Please don't dare to give up. You only just had this little tiny embie transferred. It's so wrong to give up now. If he has a chance, be there for him to help him over the cliff! That's what the 6DPO testing is for - to make sure that if there's any risk it's nipped in the bud right away.
thanks Mrs. A. I know you know. I will see how I feel, but I really think I will feel like a sucker paying for that visit. I actually feel like a sucker having done ICSI for this one egg - a thousand dollars for that, and the 1250 for transfer. I just feel like a sucker. Honestly, I probably won't go, but I will think about it. I will take my crinone though. Thanks Tanya too, for letting me know. I will think about it. XOBD

MargieD
MargieD

June 9th, 2011, 1:17 pm #10

You know how you have to go for BW and US 3 days post transfer or a week after ovulation to check the lining? I have never had a problem with my lining and I just don't want to go for it. I'm pretty sure this IVF is a bust, and I just don't want to spend anymore money on it, money is tight, and I need to finance the next 3 IVF's with SIRM. Did anyone skip this? I really just don't want to do it. Or did anyone do and have to change their meds because of it??
If you don't have any hope... then why do this at all??

Remember...miracles occur when you least expect it.