Cee and MargieD (PG ment)

Cee and MargieD (PG ment)

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

July 1st, 2011, 4:32 pm #1

Sorry I have to be short but just wanted to say sorry for the BFNs. It totally sucks. I know the disappointments. ANd I'm totally onboard with the margarita plan for sure!

I also wanted to say, don't be alarmed or concerned about the nurse suggesting a callback with Dr. Check. Talking is good. I know the callbacks can be annoying because of the scheduling and times but I think that re-hashing can only lead to tweaking which could very well lead to success.

I wanted to remind what happened with me. My BFP cycle was just a technicality cycle. I was doing a post-coital test while we were pursuing DE. When I went in for the post-coital the nurse had a "consult" with me and was talking out loud not necessarily directly at me but wondering about what P4 support to do with me - she'd seen in my file I'd done all sorts of P4 support previously. She said she needed to talk to Dr. Check. I told her this wasn't a "real" cycle. She said yes it is. It was after that, that Dr. Check gave her instructions to put me on 1 Crinone in the a.m. and 200 mg. vag supps in the evening. That was the first time I had ever used those P4 meds. Two weeks later I got my BFP. Point I'm making is that the more you talk with Dr. Check the more chance you have of tweaking, and if the nurse is suggesting to consult with Dr. Check, then I think that's a good thing.

In the interest of full disclosure...while I think that that P4 cocktail had a lot to do with my BFP, Dr. Check actually attributes my BFP to that that I did an unmedicated cycle. Which still is in line with what I'm saying about talking may only lead to good things. The reason it was an unmedicated cycle was because I had had a callback review with Dr. Check where he said we do nothing for this post-coital other than Mucinex.

Hang in there ladies. Regardless, I think it's really great to see you guys draw lines in the sand so to speak as far as your plans. That is so important. Hopefully, you won't ever have to get to those decision points!

MargieD
MargieD

July 1st, 2011, 4:44 pm #2

I don't know if you'll catch this... but my understanding from what the nurse said is that we needed to schedule a consultation with one of the REs - not Dr. Check - because a callback wasn't the same thing as a consultation.

That's why we were freaking out...

Tweaking is good and that's why we're scheduling another callback... but we're holding out on the consultation for a cycle or two...

I so appreciate the post. I don't know why I'm down today. Probably PMS...

Cee
Cee

July 1st, 2011, 6:18 pm #3

Sorry I have to be short but just wanted to say sorry for the BFNs. It totally sucks. I know the disappointments. ANd I'm totally onboard with the margarita plan for sure!

I also wanted to say, don't be alarmed or concerned about the nurse suggesting a callback with Dr. Check. Talking is good. I know the callbacks can be annoying because of the scheduling and times but I think that re-hashing can only lead to tweaking which could very well lead to success.

I wanted to remind what happened with me. My BFP cycle was just a technicality cycle. I was doing a post-coital test while we were pursuing DE. When I went in for the post-coital the nurse had a "consult" with me and was talking out loud not necessarily directly at me but wondering about what P4 support to do with me - she'd seen in my file I'd done all sorts of P4 support previously. She said she needed to talk to Dr. Check. I told her this wasn't a "real" cycle. She said yes it is. It was after that, that Dr. Check gave her instructions to put me on 1 Crinone in the a.m. and 200 mg. vag supps in the evening. That was the first time I had ever used those P4 meds. Two weeks later I got my BFP. Point I'm making is that the more you talk with Dr. Check the more chance you have of tweaking, and if the nurse is suggesting to consult with Dr. Check, then I think that's a good thing.

In the interest of full disclosure...while I think that that P4 cocktail had a lot to do with my BFP, Dr. Check actually attributes my BFP to that that I did an unmedicated cycle. Which still is in line with what I'm saying about talking may only lead to good things. The reason it was an unmedicated cycle was because I had had a callback review with Dr. Check where he said we do nothing for this post-coital other than Mucinex.

Hang in there ladies. Regardless, I think it's really great to see you guys draw lines in the sand so to speak as far as your plans. That is so important. Hopefully, you won't ever have to get to those decision points!
Plus it just freaked me out because it made me feel like they don't know what to do with me, or that they can't help me.

Thanks for your input Mrs. A!

July 1st, 2011, 6:44 pm #4

Just chiming in sorry to barge. I am in a similar boat as you both. I've been with Check since Oct 2010. We did 4 natural cycles with him, 2 were 60 days and I never O'd, 1 was cancelled on CD13 per myself b/c I wasn't going to O, and we too had 1 "dream" cycle where I made a big follicle and we did IUI + P4 but ended in a BFN. I've done 2 callbacks with Check previously and am planning to get on the callback with him in a few weeks. I took this cycle off - well - I never got AF after 2 weeks of prog so I am treating this like a new cycle again. My DH and I have talked about this in length. We are thinking we need to maximize our chances and we still haven't done that yet. If I was a regular patient, at my age 35, I would get preg maybe once or twice in a year. But with my situation, I probably don't Ovulate enough for those chances. So if I continue with natural it will most likely, based purely on chance/odds, it could take longer to catch that egg. So I am in it for the long haul I guess. We are not using meds and I am not sure I want to start that path since I have made one egg with just estinyl and progesterone (the prev cycle) alone. I am self pay but since we have not used meds we've kept the cost "low-ish" and we aren't doing back to back cycles either. If I did use them I might just add in gonal-f at the end of the stim to boost the egg?

I view the RE's as I am their customer and they work for me. I've had general good results in conversations with all nurses and Check himself. One time some one got a bit snarky with me but I am chalking that up to a bad day on her part. I would personally do a callback with Check again rather than have a consult. If you aren't sure maybe ask Check during a callback if you need to see someone there for a consult as per suggested by the nurses.

I'm sorry for the BFN's. I wish I was posting on your BFP thread instead Just know I am routing for you and hope that all works out for you guys whichever path you take.

Gi8
Gi8

July 1st, 2011, 6:54 pm #5

Plus it just freaked me out because it made me feel like they don't know what to do with me, or that they can't help me.

Thanks for your input Mrs. A!
I have found that since I've started doing this, I feel much less like I am being shuffled around and a different nurse isn't calling me every time with confusion around my crazy cycles, what been happening, etc. and where I need to keep bringing people up to speed on what was said to me.

I did have one cycle where the nurse told me to do something and I asked her to please consult Dr. Check about it and she did, and she came back with Check giving me a completely different thing for me to do. Ever since then, I write "please consult Dr. Check, thank you!!" on callback sheets.

I have also scheduled a couple of in-person consults with Check, which have been helpful as well - just to check in with him and, as Mrs. A said, talk about how to move forward, tweaks that could be worth trying, etc. I know you may be far away, but if it's possible, in person really can make a difference.

I know it's hard, and with the volume they have there it can just be difficult to keep track of every single person, so I found this approach is working for me. If it's a bother for them, hopefully this cycle will work and I won't have to keep bothering them with my requests, but for now it's for me.

Hope this helps!
Gi8

MargieD
MargieD

July 1st, 2011, 8:29 pm #6

I don't know if you'll catch this... but my understanding from what the nurse said is that we needed to schedule a consultation with one of the REs - not Dr. Check - because a callback wasn't the same thing as a consultation.

That's why we were freaking out...

Tweaking is good and that's why we're scheduling another callback... but we're holding out on the consultation for a cycle or two...

I so appreciate the post. I don't know why I'm down today. Probably PMS...
My FSH skyrocketed AGAIN. It's 79.2 today.

Last month, it was 30.6 on CD2, but went down to normal levels after a week.

We're going to see if it goes back to normal after a week... but seriously - something has to be going on... it was averaging 7-9 the four months prior to last month...

Funny thing is... AF is heavier than it's been in the last couple of months...

Ugh...

Cee
Cee

July 1st, 2011, 8:52 pm #7

Was today your CD2 or 3? I'm worried that the same thing is going to happen with me, since I've been on estinyl and estrace for a good 4 months or so now. I can just see myself going in for b/w in late July early August and it being sky-high.

I think a consult is a good idea especially after that!

Cee
Cee

July 1st, 2011, 8:53 pm #8

I have found that since I've started doing this, I feel much less like I am being shuffled around and a different nurse isn't calling me every time with confusion around my crazy cycles, what been happening, etc. and where I need to keep bringing people up to speed on what was said to me.

I did have one cycle where the nurse told me to do something and I asked her to please consult Dr. Check about it and she did, and she came back with Check giving me a completely different thing for me to do. Ever since then, I write "please consult Dr. Check, thank you!!" on callback sheets.

I have also scheduled a couple of in-person consults with Check, which have been helpful as well - just to check in with him and, as Mrs. A said, talk about how to move forward, tweaks that could be worth trying, etc. I know you may be far away, but if it's possible, in person really can make a difference.

I know it's hard, and with the volume they have there it can just be difficult to keep track of every single person, so I found this approach is working for me. If it's a bother for them, hopefully this cycle will work and I won't have to keep bothering them with my requests, but for now it's for me.

Hope this helps!
Gi8
I always just call in for my callback, but perhaps I'll start faxing in a callback sheet. Are those in the out of town monitoring packet? Thanks for the tip!

Cee
Cee

July 1st, 2011, 8:57 pm #9

Just chiming in sorry to barge. I am in a similar boat as you both. I've been with Check since Oct 2010. We did 4 natural cycles with him, 2 were 60 days and I never O'd, 1 was cancelled on CD13 per myself b/c I wasn't going to O, and we too had 1 "dream" cycle where I made a big follicle and we did IUI + P4 but ended in a BFN. I've done 2 callbacks with Check previously and am planning to get on the callback with him in a few weeks. I took this cycle off - well - I never got AF after 2 weeks of prog so I am treating this like a new cycle again. My DH and I have talked about this in length. We are thinking we need to maximize our chances and we still haven't done that yet. If I was a regular patient, at my age 35, I would get preg maybe once or twice in a year. But with my situation, I probably don't Ovulate enough for those chances. So if I continue with natural it will most likely, based purely on chance/odds, it could take longer to catch that egg. So I am in it for the long haul I guess. We are not using meds and I am not sure I want to start that path since I have made one egg with just estinyl and progesterone (the prev cycle) alone. I am self pay but since we have not used meds we've kept the cost "low-ish" and we aren't doing back to back cycles either. If I did use them I might just add in gonal-f at the end of the stim to boost the egg?

I view the RE's as I am their customer and they work for me. I've had general good results in conversations with all nurses and Check himself. One time some one got a bit snarky with me but I am chalking that up to a bad day on her part. I would personally do a callback with Check again rather than have a consult. If you aren't sure maybe ask Check during a callback if you need to see someone there for a consult as per suggested by the nurses.

I'm sorry for the BFN's. I wish I was posting on your BFP thread instead Just know I am routing for you and hope that all works out for you guys whichever path you take.
I just talked to Check so I might schedule another consult once I start back up again after this break. When I spoke to him one of my concerns was all the monitoring and the costs of that were really piling up! He countered with it being less expensive because of the lower cost of meds, which is true, but I'm also having to do donor sperm and an IUI each cycle which REALLY adds up.

MargieD
MargieD

July 1st, 2011, 10:04 pm #10

Was today your CD2 or 3? I'm worried that the same thing is going to happen with me, since I've been on estinyl and estrace for a good 4 months or so now. I can just see myself going in for b/w in late July early August and it being sky-high.

I think a consult is a good idea especially after that!
AF started while I was on progesterone - waiting for my beta results, but I was only spotting until early the next morning.

Not sure what's going on the High FSH fluctuation. I started having night sweats. Same as last month, but they went away within a few days.

I ordered thyroid numbers as I have been feeling out of whack as well. (Half of my thyroid was taken out.)

Hoping to get some answers and my FSH stabilizes.