Cancelled cycle - how long should i wait to try again?

Cancelled cycle - how long should i wait to try again?

Joined: July 2nd, 2012, 8:00 pm

July 25th, 2012, 3:41 pm #1

So after 14 days of BCPs and then a whopping 14 days of High stims... only 1 follie. The RE cancelled the cycle and said we will try again with my next period. I will do an HCG trigger to make sure I ovulate and should be ready to go again in 2 -3 weeks. Next time I will try a Low stim protocol.

My question is, is that too soon? Should I wait to see what my FSH is on day 3 of my next cycle before deciding? (btw, started this cycle with a 15 FSH) I don't want to waste time, but I am just wondering if my body will get a better response if take off a month or so? Has anyone had good results by doing back to back stimulations? I'd love to hear what you ladies have to say. Thanks!!
Quote
Like
Share

MargieD
MargieD

July 25th, 2012, 3:54 pm #2

I have several thoughts.

I'd check Day 3 numbers before deciding. If they are high, wait until the following month.

Some women do well with back to back stims and some do not.

An RE told me that the previous month's stims do not affect the next month's stims, but I don't entirely believe this.

The BCPs could have suppressed you. Have you considered this?
Quote
Share

Houston
Houston

July 25th, 2012, 9:00 pm #3

So after 14 days of BCPs and then a whopping 14 days of High stims... only 1 follie. The RE cancelled the cycle and said we will try again with my next period. I will do an HCG trigger to make sure I ovulate and should be ready to go again in 2 -3 weeks. Next time I will try a Low stim protocol.

My question is, is that too soon? Should I wait to see what my FSH is on day 3 of my next cycle before deciding? (btw, started this cycle with a 15 FSH) I don't want to waste time, but I am just wondering if my body will get a better response if take off a month or so? Has anyone had good results by doing back to back stimulations? I'd love to hear what you ladies have to say. Thanks!!
I would wait one cycle. I did not wait a cycle last time and it did not go well. I responded well, but they retrieved very few eggs. I'm not sure why.

I'm not sure if my issues where b/c I did not wait, but it could have been. Someone on these boards told me not to cycle back to back, but I listened to Dr. Davis at Cornell and did anyway. I wish I would not have cycled right after a failed high stim cycle.
Quote
Share

Sara Q
Sara Q

July 26th, 2012, 12:34 am #4

So after 14 days of BCPs and then a whopping 14 days of High stims... only 1 follie. The RE cancelled the cycle and said we will try again with my next period. I will do an HCG trigger to make sure I ovulate and should be ready to go again in 2 -3 weeks. Next time I will try a Low stim protocol.

My question is, is that too soon? Should I wait to see what my FSH is on day 3 of my next cycle before deciding? (btw, started this cycle with a 15 FSH) I don't want to waste time, but I am just wondering if my body will get a better response if take off a month or so? Has anyone had good results by doing back to back stimulations? I'd love to hear what you ladies have to say. Thanks!!
And how high were your high stims? I think that could affect your decision.
Quote
Share

Joined: July 2nd, 2012, 8:00 pm

July 26th, 2012, 2:29 pm #5

I have no idea what my AFC is. How do I find that out?

My high stims ended with 450 iu Follistim and 2 vials Menopur
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: January 12th, 2012, 6:08 pm

July 26th, 2012, 7:58 pm #6

They do the AFC via ultrasound (I had mine done on CD2). I was on high stims too for my IVF attempt this cycle. It was converted to IUI but my RE recommended waiting another cycle before attempting again.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 19th, 2011, 12:24 am

July 28th, 2012, 10:54 pm #7

So after 14 days of BCPs and then a whopping 14 days of High stims... only 1 follie. The RE cancelled the cycle and said we will try again with my next period. I will do an HCG trigger to make sure I ovulate and should be ready to go again in 2 -3 weeks. Next time I will try a Low stim protocol.

My question is, is that too soon? Should I wait to see what my FSH is on day 3 of my next cycle before deciding? (btw, started this cycle with a 15 FSH) I don't want to waste time, but I am just wondering if my body will get a better response if take off a month or so? Has anyone had good results by doing back to back stimulations? I'd love to hear what you ladies have to say. Thanks!!
I say go for it! You won't know until you try.

However, I always have my best results after consecutive cycles. That's how I got my chemical pregnancy and how I had a cycle with my most eggs ever and a 75% made it to ET because they fertilized and grew.
Quote
Like
Share