Can I just say...

Can I just say...

Erin
Erin

February 4th, 2012, 12:53 am #1

We're a hardcore bunch of... ladies! Looking through the roll call so far, I am reminded of how very much we've all gone through, and that's just considering the info on topic that we were willing to share! It's pretty exceptional that we've all been able to bear this all and remain (at least relatively...) sane and forge on, so I wanted to point that out.

Along those same lines, I wanted to address the anonymous postings that have going on from time to time here and on other boards. Now, if you have some sort of hideous vaginal discharge that you never, ever want to be traced back to you, IMHO, you can go ahead with posting anonymously that one time. However, if you're saying something that part of you is embarrassed enough about writing that you're moved to post it anonymously, well, I personally wish you would either take a moment to write it in a way that you would be okay having your name attached to, or not write it at all.

I am not perfect. I am jealous at times, I sometimes get annoyed or have mean-spirited thoughts, and you probably wouldn't find a single person IRL that would list "positivity" as one of my top 5 attributes. However, while I know emotions run high, I am requesting that you look through the roll call before you "Post!" something that you know might very well hurt someone else here- someone who has probably been through many times more than she's even posted below.

There are many other people who have talked about anonymous posting before, so I'm not really saying anything original, and I'm not even close to being one of the longest timers on this board, so I hope I'm not out of line. But, it's been bothering me for a while and after reading the roll call, I couldn't help myself. Thanks for listening.

jmassage
jmassage

February 4th, 2012, 3:08 am #2

that whoever posted anonymously forgot to put their name in the appropriate box?? Just a thought..

minka
minka

February 4th, 2012, 3:42 am #3

We're a hardcore bunch of... ladies! Looking through the roll call so far, I am reminded of how very much we've all gone through, and that's just considering the info on topic that we were willing to share! It's pretty exceptional that we've all been able to bear this all and remain (at least relatively...) sane and forge on, so I wanted to point that out.

Along those same lines, I wanted to address the anonymous postings that have going on from time to time here and on other boards. Now, if you have some sort of hideous vaginal discharge that you never, ever want to be traced back to you, IMHO, you can go ahead with posting anonymously that one time. However, if you're saying something that part of you is embarrassed enough about writing that you're moved to post it anonymously, well, I personally wish you would either take a moment to write it in a way that you would be okay having your name attached to, or not write it at all.

I am not perfect. I am jealous at times, I sometimes get annoyed or have mean-spirited thoughts, and you probably wouldn't find a single person IRL that would list "positivity" as one of my top 5 attributes. However, while I know emotions run high, I am requesting that you look through the roll call before you "Post!" something that you know might very well hurt someone else here- someone who has probably been through many times more than she's even posted below.

There are many other people who have talked about anonymous posting before, so I'm not really saying anything original, and I'm not even close to being one of the longest timers on this board, so I hope I'm not out of line. But, it's been bothering me for a while and after reading the roll call, I couldn't help myself. Thanks for listening.
Well said, Erin. Reading through the roll call brought tears to my eyes. We have all been through so much. Let's try to be nice to one another.

Erin
Erin

February 4th, 2012, 4:33 am #4

that whoever posted anonymously forgot to put their name in the appropriate box?? Just a thought..
I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. It just has made me sad to see several other people have important days (happy and sad) affected by anonymous, unkind posts. I hope we can all rule with compassion, and try as best we can to put ourselves in each other's places, even if it's not exactly where we are at the moment. That's all I've got. Best to all...

teresa
teresa

February 4th, 2012, 4:55 am #5

Well said!! Love it!! With you on that one!!

Thank you for taking the time to set up the role call, as Minka said, it is amazing how much everyone has been through and a good way to get to know everyone better.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 4th, 2012, 5:14 am #6

Really? You're going to pick a fight over roll call?

Erin
Erin

February 4th, 2012, 5:23 am #7

...But it seems like a nice example of what I was talking about! Wishing you the best. Give peace a chance.

February 4th, 2012, 6:37 am #8

Read this:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/t ... ir+and+pof

The anon here make me cry, for real. It was horrible. I almost left the board for good after this, but the support from all the angels kept me here. It's very unfortunate that some people attack others for no reason.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 4th, 2012, 2:13 pm #9

anna....really?

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 4th, 2012, 2:54 pm #10

...But it seems like a nice example of what I was talking about! Wishing you the best. Give peace a chance.
I agree that the role call is amazing and inspiring... But to get all nasty about it after relative peace in the board wasnt a smart move. People are entitled to their opinions and the recent thing Anna pulled up speaks to her issues (which she should be embarrassed abour now). They post anonymously because of nastiness like this.