C.ornell ladies- need your experience please!

C.ornell ladies- need your experience please!

Erin
Erin

December 26th, 2011, 8:37 pm #1

Hi guys- I am hoping some of you ladies who used C.ornell (especially Dr. D) can help me out... I am currently in my priming month and have been a little, well, "underwhelmed" with my experience with my nurse so far who had given me some spotty or not quite accurate information already. I also asked for a schedule with my protocol when I started this priming month and she sounded like I was asking for something unusual and gave me a penned-in calendar without starting dosages and missing a couple of the meds. In my last 2 cycles at other centers, I got much more specific calendars so I knew what to expect and could cross-check information. I'm in the medical profession myself so I know people are fallible, but I'm wondering 1.) if others have gotten a specific protocol and when in their cycles they received it, and; 2.) how was your experience with your nurse there? Does Dr. D have more than one nurse, so I could potentially switch? I don't want to go through the awkwardness of asking if they don't even have anyone to switch to, and she hasn't made horrible mistakes... yet, at least... I'm admittedly a bit over-anxious given how screwed up my last cycle was, but still... Thanks so much in advance for your advice!

Melly
Melly

December 27th, 2011, 3:45 am #2

Did you already take your orientation class? I believe they give your schedule right after the class. If you already start priming and your class will be in couple of days ,dont worry. You wont be start your stims before seeing a RE. I don't have experience with new nurse of dr.D's. So I can't tell you much but I remember that I told you be on top of your cycle and please don't hesitate to ask questions just ignore their attitude if they do any... Again good luck !

Erin
Erin

December 28th, 2011, 3:26 am #3

...because I'm a medical professional. Maybe that was a mistake? Did they give you a real schedule with dosages and everything? I'm from out of town (MA), so I won't be seeing anyone until midway through stimming when I come down there. I am definitely thinking I need to be on top of the cycle- I just have to work against the urge to be a people pleaser... It's a tough habit to break! Thanks again for your response!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 28th, 2011, 3:47 am #4

Hi guys- I am hoping some of you ladies who used C.ornell (especially Dr. D) can help me out... I am currently in my priming month and have been a little, well, "underwhelmed" with my experience with my nurse so far who had given me some spotty or not quite accurate information already. I also asked for a schedule with my protocol when I started this priming month and she sounded like I was asking for something unusual and gave me a penned-in calendar without starting dosages and missing a couple of the meds. In my last 2 cycles at other centers, I got much more specific calendars so I knew what to expect and could cross-check information. I'm in the medical profession myself so I know people are fallible, but I'm wondering 1.) if others have gotten a specific protocol and when in their cycles they received it, and; 2.) how was your experience with your nurse there? Does Dr. D have more than one nurse, so I could potentially switch? I don't want to go through the awkwardness of asking if they don't even have anyone to switch to, and she hasn't made horrible mistakes... yet, at least... I'm admittedly a bit over-anxious given how screwed up my last cycle was, but still... Thanks so much in advance for your advice!
If so - she's just a big PIA

The REs at Cornell have a "group" of nurses assigned to them. When I cycled with Dr. D last year he had Jaime as his primary nurse but name start with an L and end with an N was also on his nurse group and she could be witchy. I recently learned that Jaime left so I'm assuming she's not the nurse you're dealing with.

To my knowledge, no there isn't a request process for working with only a certain nurse. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask.

As for the calendars, when you go in for CD2 b/w and u/s you meet with a nurse. She will give you a sheet that has the name of your protocol and the instructions for the first few days. Then later that day when you get your callback with your b/w results you will have re-confirmation on your instructions or be advised if anything changed due to the monitoring results.

Good luck - I did 5 cycles with Dr. D so am somewhat familiar with the process.

Erin
Erin

December 28th, 2011, 8:04 pm #5

I think it must be the RN who took over for Jamie as I'm guessing she's on the new (read: inexperienced) side given the issues I've been having. I was only given the direct number for this nurse, so except for when she's not in the office, she's been the only one I've been dealing with and it is... "challenging". Since I'm out of town, I'm not sure if they would send the protocol on CD2? I've cycled at 2 other places and with those clinics I got a calender with protocol name, meds, dosages and approx dates for med starts when I started my priming month, which makes sense to me since I'm taking meds during my priming month and would like to know when/what I am taking! I'm still trying to figure out how to be assertive without alienating myself... I could really do without this difficulty! Thanks for sharing your experience!

melly
melly

December 28th, 2011, 8:55 pm #6

...because I'm a medical professional. Maybe that was a mistake? Did they give you a real schedule with dosages and everything? I'm from out of town (MA), so I won't be seeing anyone until midway through stimming when I come down there. I am definitely thinking I need to be on top of the cycle- I just have to work against the urge to be a people pleaser... It's a tough habit to break! Thanks again for your response!
yes.. on the 1st cycle at the end of the class I sat down with a nurse and they did give me a real schedule; my name on it and my retrieval and transfer date on it. I did 2 cycles there. My 2nd cycle, they didn't change anything in dosage so I beleive they didn't give me another schedule.but On the 2nd cycle, I got another booklet from an IVF coordinator that is mailed. Did you get yours already? You should get one. it is basically paperwork to sign.Also ,I would ask nurse "E" to fax over your schedule. I am pretty sure they have it.. When you go for blood and ultrasound they do follow up on your schedule. So I am pretty sure it is already published so she doesn't have to do extra work for you. So far I don't have a problem with "E" she seems fine to me.Except she forgot to order my medications last week ) maybe it wasn't her day when you you talked. I didn't have any problem with the old nurse " J" either but I remember she forgot to call me for my beta !!!!! can you believe it ???? I am telling you wherever you go ,you experience some difficulties. So please keep asking questions no matter what they say.