Bust!

Bust!

April 18th, 2011, 1:54 am #1

Well my stupid 8 cm cyst is now only down to 6cm on CD2. So it's a no-go this cycle. In the meantime, in the ovary the RE could see (the right one), I only had one follie! GREAT! My base AFC on my first cycle was 10, with 4-5 on the right. So after all of the ubiquinol and grapefruit and pineapple and CoQ10 and moderate exercise and acupuncture and cutting down on cheese, my AFC has gone....DOWN???? What the????

I am so annoyed right now. Are we really sure that all of this stuff works? Back when I was eating all the cheese I wanted and only taking my prenatal, my AFC was so much higher!! ARGH!!

Sara H.
Sara H.

April 18th, 2011, 2:14 am #2

I know some things take a while to work and the cyst might be throwing everything off like crazy... bad count due to to the estrogen is might be adding to your system?

But, the point is, I AM SO SORRY!

Yes, go eat some cheese.
And then see what the other ladies say in the morning.

Again, I am so sorry! I am so mad at your cyst for you!

Hugs,
Sara H

Jamie
Jamie

April 18th, 2011, 2:18 am #3

Well my stupid 8 cm cyst is now only down to 6cm on CD2. So it's a no-go this cycle. In the meantime, in the ovary the RE could see (the right one), I only had one follie! GREAT! My base AFC on my first cycle was 10, with 4-5 on the right. So after all of the ubiquinol and grapefruit and pineapple and CoQ10 and moderate exercise and acupuncture and cutting down on cheese, my AFC has gone....DOWN???? What the????

I am so annoyed right now. Are we really sure that all of this stuff works? Back when I was eating all the cheese I wanted and only taking my prenatal, my AFC was so much higher!! ARGH!!
Katie, I know this stinks--a year ago in May my AFC went from 9 and 2 and neither of the two wanted to respond to stims! It was maddening! But things bounced back to 9 two months later and I did my IVF which got me my baby.

I'm wondering if the cyst is somehow suppressing the antrals--I don't know much about cysts, but it's highly unlikely that this is a permanent situation. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will come along and advise.

Hang in there.

Jamie
Jamie

April 18th, 2011, 2:19 am #4

DHEA is what did it to me--just checking that you are not taking DHEA as that's what reduced my follie number and made it impossible to stim.

Mary
Mary

April 18th, 2011, 5:49 am #5

I always get cysts and my afc was horrible when the cyst was there. I am so sorry . It is frustating! Give your body some time to get back to normal after the cyst. I know after my failed ivf my cycle was messed up for three months. I'd personally get all the cheese I want. All those supplements did nothing me.

JulesM
JulesM

April 18th, 2011, 1:46 pm #6

I'm sorry, just really sucks. It's like you give up so much enjoyment to be "good" pre-cycle and it feels like it wasn't worth it. I say eat as much cheese as you like and take the money you would be using for acupuncture this week and use it on something that really makes you happy. Here's to next cycle being stella!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

April 18th, 2011, 2:18 pm #7

I'm sorry about the down cycle but it sounds like it's the right call with a large cyst that is not budging. You don't want to complicate things by trying to cycle, only to have to cancel anyway because of the cyst. What are they going to do about the cyst?

I've posted previously on the topic of experiencing a downward spiral of my AFC after taking CoQ10/Ubiquinol. I know other ladies give lots of credit to it, but in my case, I can say that my embie quality was not improved at all (my last IVF (Cooper) I produced a 3 cell, 4 cell and 11 cell and the prior IVF (Cornell) I produced a 4 cell, 5 cell and 11 cell). But even more disappointing was that my AFC went MIA, starting months prior, despite my high doses of CoQ10/Ubiquinol. My last CD2 u/s the RE noted 0-2 for each ovary. 0-2 is the lowest count ranking they assign and mine was literally more like just zero. I remember looking with desperate eyes at the screen and there just was nothing there.

I recently posted here

http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/m ... nfused+you

On the flip side of things, even when AFC is low, you can still get lucky. That CD2 I mentioned above? That was the cycle my body still made one follie all on its own, unstimulated and naturally, and created my nearly 18 week old fetus! So don't let the AFC get you completely down. You very well could still stimulate well with the right protocol.

Lola80
Lola80

April 18th, 2011, 2:49 pm #8

Mrs. A, are you saying that despite the CoQ10 your AFC didn't improve, or are you saying that you believe the CoQ10 actually made your AFC decrease? If it's the latter, then I may stop taking mine.

April 18th, 2011, 3:16 pm #9

I know some things take a while to work and the cyst might be throwing everything off like crazy... bad count due to to the estrogen is might be adding to your system?

But, the point is, I AM SO SORRY!

Yes, go eat some cheese.
And then see what the other ladies say in the morning.

Again, I am so sorry! I am so mad at your cyst for you!

Hugs,
Sara H
Thanks for the hugs and well wishes Sara.
I hadn't thought of the estrogen issue...is it possible that the cyst is interfering with AFC?? I hope that is the case and that my ovaries haven't just dried up!

April 18th, 2011, 3:23 pm #10

DHEA is what did it to me--just checking that you are not taking DHEA as that's what reduced my follie number and made it impossible to stim.
I actually just started taking it after I found out I only had one follie on the right! The only things I changed on this past cycle were the increase of CoQ10/Ubiquinol, acupuncture, and reduced dairy.

I have actually been so hesitant to take the DHEA because of all of the negative things people say. But now I have had 2 docs insist that I should be taking it (not my RE, he is in the "it won't hurt or help" category). I'm considering starting a new thread just about the DHEA issue.

UGH!!! It is so hard to know what the right thing to do is!!