Bad news

Bad news

Teresa
Teresa

February 22nd, 2012, 5:08 pm #1

Writing on iPhone in car sorry for typos.
Did the sono saline. The most painful procedure for me. I had no pain for the h s g this was excruciating
Fibroid is taking up half the cavity of my uterus. She told me it has to come out. She didn't think it caused my miscarriage but she said if I were to get pregnant with it in there she didn't think I would be able to sustain a pregnancy. The risk of keeping it in there is higher than scar tissue. Of course I started crying. She advised me to do surgery locally on new york since if I have complications it would be better to be close to my dr rather than have her do it and be 2 hrs away. I was praying she would say dont worry leave it but guess its better to know. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I know some will say its not a big deal but it doesn't feel like that now. I'm cd 8 another month of not trying and have to find a dr to do it. I hope I can get it done as fast as I can. Now. Scheduled day 10 blood and ultrasound at my local places should I still just go so they can at least see the situation in there? Or no? The procedure I'm having would be a hysteroscopic myomevtomy. iPhone can't spell that. Sorry. This sucks when when when Does it end???? She said it could be an hour surgery or 5 hrs sometimes it's worse when you go in there she also said depending if fibroid was ceiling to floor she would put a stent in to avoid scar tissue and hold up the uterus. This sounds so f-in scary to me and dangerous

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

February 22nd, 2012, 5:16 pm #2

I'm so sorry Teresa! I really don't know when all this crap ends. It's so frustrating and just plain sucks. I hope you can get the surgery quickly and get back to TTC.

Nadia
Nadia

February 22nd, 2012, 5:27 pm #3

Oh Teresa! Total frustration I can imagine. Hopefully get the surgery done and out of the way ... maybe it will actually improves things for u.
Lots of ((((hugs)))))

Nafia

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 22nd, 2012, 5:28 pm #4

I'm so sorry Teresa! I really don't know when all this crap ends. It's so frustrating and just plain sucks. I hope you can get the surgery quickly and get back to TTC.
Dr b is she pregnant? How old is she I wonder. I know totally not relevant -

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 22nd, 2012, 5:29 pm #5

Oh Teresa! Total frustration I can imagine. Hopefully get the surgery done and out of the way ... maybe it will actually improves things for u.
Lots of ((((hugs)))))

Nafia
I hope so I
A wreck. Can't stop crying I feel like screaming. I feel like I'm losing my mind and this battle

Jen
Jen

February 22nd, 2012, 5:34 pm #6

Did the sono saline. The most painful procedure for me. I had no pain for the h s g this was excruciating
Fibroid is taking up half the cavity of my uterus. She told me it has to come out. She didn't think it caused my miscarriage but she said if I were to get pregnant with it in there she didn't think I would be able to sustain a pregnancy. The risk of keeping it in there is higher than scar tissue. Of course I started crying. She advised me to do surgery locally on new york since if I have complications it would be better to be close to my dr rather than have her do it and be 2 hrs away. I was praying she would say dont worry leave it but guess its better to know. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I know some will say its not a big deal but it doesn't feel like that now. I'm cd 8 another month of not trying and have to find a dr to do it. I hope I can get it done as fast as I can. Now. Scheduled day 10 blood and ultrasound at my local places should I still just go so they can at least see the situation in there? Or no? The procedure I'm having would be a hysteroscopic myomevtomy. iPhone can't spell that. Sorry. This sucks when when when Does it end???? She said it could be an hour surgery or 5 hrs sometimes it's worse when you go in there she also said depending if fibroid was ceiling to floor she would put a stent in to avoid scar tissue and hold up the uterus. This sounds so f-in scary to me and dangerous
I don't think it's a "no big deal" situation, and I know I'd feel the same, frustrated to have to wait, freaked out by the surgery, and just plain sad/angry... you name it. I will pray for you that you find a superb doctor to do the surgery, and that it makes a huge positive difference for your next cycle. I will also pray that you can feel some sense of peace or at least less stress as you move forward. Hugs to you ((((((HUGS))))))

Cee
Cee

February 22nd, 2012, 5:36 pm #7

I have a story of inspiration for you. My cousin was pregnant and miscarried because she had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit. She had an abdominal myomectomy and it was succesful. A year later she was pregnant with twins - lost one but gave birth to a baby girl. Then a year later she got pregnant again. The fibroids had grown back but not as big, and she delivered another little girl.

I am telling you this because I know it seems horrible right now (and it is) but don't lose hope! Maybe this is just the last roadblock on your journey to being a mother. ((hugs)) and GL.

Teresa
Teresa

February 22nd, 2012, 5:44 pm #8

Thank you. That I will keep in my hope box. I need all the hope I can get soon I'll be 40 it just sucks. And now we are lost in n j the gps got us lost we r in Pennsylvania. Day. From. Hell.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

February 22nd, 2012, 5:46 pm #9

I don't have time to write much but read this. sch1star found success at 41 after having a myomectomy for a large fibroid. she delivered her baby boy this past November. incidentally, she had done co-culture at cornell and her 3 embies that she transferred were only 4 and 5 cell.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/264844/m ... 99/hi+-%29

cbsgirl, also over 40, had a myomectomy and eventually found success with a spontaneous natural PG. she is due to deliver in a couple of weeks.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/53068/me ... nd+LONG%29

I say go for a 2nd opinion but don't think that this is the end of the road either.

P.S. - saline sonos shouldn't be painful but I imagine that if you have a large fibroid like you describe it may be far more uncomfortable/painful. Hang in there!

jmassage
jmassage

February 22nd, 2012, 6:05 pm #10

This whole journey is so f***ing frustrating and sometimes it feels like it's never going to end. If it helps, I am having a bad day as well. Feeling like it's just never going to happen for us. I'm so sick and tired of IF and the painful feelings that go with it, consuming my life for almost 3 years now. Some days I really do just feel like throwing the towel in. But I know I can't. Try and hang in there and what helps me is to just take things a day at a time. For today you have this piece of information. So just focus on getting it fixed and don't worry about what comes after..I know...alot easier said than done..I'm thinking of you