Back from ET and disappointed (pg, mc ment)

Back from ET and disappointed (pg, mc ment)

JulesM
JulesM

April 25th, 2011, 8:30 pm #1

How could I not set myself up for disappointment with 15 out of 15 fertilizing?? They transferred 3 embryos, an 8 cell and (2) 7 cells all with 10-25% fragmentation and most likely nothing to freeze. I know these aren't horrible embies but I just believed I would have at least ONE perfect one. It just makes me wonder if there is any good ones left in my body. The 2 times I did get pregnant both ended in early miscarriages before HB was even detected... and now the best I can do out of 15 is a few fragmented embryos??? I don't think I could even feel excited if I do end up with a BFP because with the type of embryos I created the chances are it will end in another m/c.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but just feeling deflated.

melly
melly

April 25th, 2011, 8:44 pm #2

Hey Jules,
I wish you the best.. I just hope this is it for you...

April 25th, 2011, 9:00 pm #3

How could I not set myself up for disappointment with 15 out of 15 fertilizing?? They transferred 3 embryos, an 8 cell and (2) 7 cells all with 10-25% fragmentation and most likely nothing to freeze. I know these aren't horrible embies but I just believed I would have at least ONE perfect one. It just makes me wonder if there is any good ones left in my body. The 2 times I did get pregnant both ended in early miscarriages before HB was even detected... and now the best I can do out of 15 is a few fragmented embryos??? I don't think I could even feel excited if I do end up with a BFP because with the type of embryos I created the chances are it will end in another m/c.

Hang in there Jules - don't lose hope. Over the years I have lost many things IF related so you have to hold onto hope. Sending good vibes your way!

MargieD
MargieD

April 25th, 2011, 9:06 pm #4

These embryos may very well be perfect embryos.

My RE did not believe in DD's embryo. It was too slow growing and too fragmented. I think it was one grade away from "not viable." I got the "we have other things to try" speech before the transfer.

Nine months later, I had the perfect baby.

You may have m/c-ed in the past, but I wouldn't give up just yet. Besides, aren't you working with a better lab?? Maybe they gave these embryos some extra TLC that the other didn't.

Alli
Alli

April 25th, 2011, 9:52 pm #5

Made a perfect baby!! I REALLY hope this works for you

Sara H.
Sara H.

April 25th, 2011, 10:45 pm #6

and I am sending you a big hug. I can totally understand, truly.

But, may I offer this in hope that it possibly helps... if they had not retrieved 15, if they had only gotten 4, and you had these results, wouldn't you be thrilled and hopeful? Wouldn't you be a bit excited?

Please be of good cheer! Three is wonderful! So, tonight let your disappointment wash over you and tomorrow, if possible, start sending happy positiveness to those three!

Still sending you hugs and prayers for the lucky three!

Sara H.

Mary
Mary

April 25th, 2011, 10:46 pm #7

I know it just sucks since you had 100% fertilization. Those are good embies you have there even with the little fragmentation. Good luck to you!!

alima
alima

April 25th, 2011, 10:46 pm #8

Jules, I know you want to be realistic, but try to keep positive. You have had two BFPs in the past year. That is a great sign that at least you can get pregnant. You said there would be nothing left to freeze - I don't understand, did the other 12 not grow since fertilization? Will they freeze anything left over, or are they looking for these to go to blasts before freezing?

maureen
maureen

April 25th, 2011, 11:37 pm #9

I know it's easy to think of the worse especially after all we've gone through with IF, but I think your embies sound really good.

My favorite inspiration is a story about multiples I saw on tv. This couple had done ivf and had many embies transferred, but none took. Finally they wanted to move on with their lives so they had all remaining 4 transferred at once. Wouldn't you know that all took, and two divied into twins. They ended up with 6 kids.

You just never know. The time might be right for your golden egg or eggs.

Maureen

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

April 26th, 2011, 12:11 am #10

....really just repeating what others have already said but please dont lose hope Jules! On my successful cycle I txfd a 5cell and a 7cell with some fragmentation and didnt have much optimism but one of them took! I will keep my fingers crossed that one of these is your sticky bean