@ Nancy and MargieD - posted replies below.

@ Nancy and MargieD - posted replies below.

Sara Q
Sara Q

August 4th, 2012, 11:15 pm #1

Hey ladies,

I'm so sorry it's taken me a while to respond to your post. I've been sequestering myself all week for work. But I finally did reply below! Sending you both good thoughts.

xo,
Sara Q

Nancy
Nancy

August 7th, 2012, 3:13 am #2

Hi! No worries whatsoever!! I also tested positive for ace insertion pai1 and mthfr heterosygous but not the "bad" one I was surprised dr b said he wouldn't treat for it didn't ABC treat you for it? I am contemplating going there as I am really worried about my low lads...they were all 6 or less ... I don't understand why dr b doesn't treat it. I talked to dr. Ch about it also and he also said its not an issue so why does he believe in LIT??? That confused me greatly. Do you go back to Mexico again? I am so eagerly following how things go for you!!!

Many hugs,
Nancy

Nancy
Nancy

August 7th, 2012, 3:27 am #3

Was also going to mention that it was I interesting what you said about the number of eggs expected using ethynil...i don't understand sometimes the conflicting info its confusing! I wonder why drcohen told me 1 egg...maybe because she knows my history? They also mentioned using clomid to start and that some women have a better response with it. I read that somewhere else so I m thinking of giving it a try.

Nancy

Sara Q
Sara Q

August 7th, 2012, 4:21 am #4

Hi! No worries whatsoever!! I also tested positive for ace insertion pai1 and mthfr heterosygous but not the "bad" one I was surprised dr b said he wouldn't treat for it didn't ABC treat you for it? I am contemplating going there as I am really worried about my low lads...they were all 6 or less ... I don't understand why dr b doesn't treat it. I talked to dr. Ch about it also and he also said its not an issue so why does he believe in LIT??? That confused me greatly. Do you go back to Mexico again? I am so eagerly following how things go for you!!!

Many hugs,
Nancy
Hey Nancy,

These are very good questions! I'll try to do my best to answer them one by one so I don't forget anything.

1) I tested positive for PAI-1 (homo), MTHFR (hetero for 1 variant) and Factor XIII. For these they told me to take Lovenox 30IUs 1x day, baby aspirin 1x day, and folegard 1xday. But I'm not sure which of the three triggered those RXs. Some women on the immune board also get RXed Metformin for PAI-1, but they didn't prescribe that for me. I'm not sure what ace insertion is...maybe ABC doesn't test for that? Do you know what it is? Did Dr. B at least give you folegard? That's what Zouves does for MTHFR....

2) Dr. Ch.eck's opinion about LIT treatment is that it can't hurt and it will probably help, especially for women who've had multiple IVF implantation failures (me!!!) What he doesn't believe in is the TEST for low LADs; he thinks that they aren't accurate at all, so women who don't necessarily need the LIT treatment end up getting it and others who do need it may not seem like they need it because their LAD test might be normal. But in my case he thought it was a good idea because of the number of "good" and "decent-looking" embryos we've put in that haven't stuck. Does that make sense? Ch.eck did a study a few years ago with women with multiple OE or donor IVF failures - 1/2 did LIT and 1/2 did not. The 1/2 that did not had significantly higher pregnancy rates than those that didn't do the procedure. I think it was like 60% vs. 16%...I can try to scan the article and email it to you if you like. Dr. Ch.eck mailed them to me a couple of months ago.

I hope that makes sense. That's how I understand his point of view.

Did Dr. Br. give you any treatment plan at all then? Or doesn't he think everything is okay immune-wise?

No more Mexico trips unless we actually get pregnant. My b-cells went from 1.9 to 87 and my t-cells went from 3.6 to 82.7 after 2 LITs, so we're good to go hopefully.

Sending you good thoughts,
SQ

Sara Q
Sara Q

August 7th, 2012, 4:27 am #5

Was also going to mention that it was I interesting what you said about the number of eggs expected using ethynil...i don't understand sometimes the conflicting info its confusing! I wonder why drcohen told me 1 egg...maybe because she knows my history? They also mentioned using clomid to start and that some women have a better response with it. I read that somewhere else so I m thinking of giving it a try.

Nancy
Honestly, I have no idea what they are thinking....my guess is the doctors either have different viewpoints or one of them is somewhat confused. (You read what happened with Dr. Cho.e, right?) In my gut I kind of think that cycles with estinyl get less eggs, especially if you take estinyl DURING stims like I did... Because I've been on estrace before for a low stim IUI cycle and I had 5 mature follies. But I also stimmed really fast, which isn't any good either. I don't do clomid - nasty side effects, but I have taken Letrozole/Femara and I responded pretty well - 5 follies again. But Dr. Che.ck said he that while he's seen some success with this, not as much as clomid, and that he mostly prescribes it for orthodox Jewish women because it doesn't mess with cervical mucus. Strange facts you learn in the IF journey.....

Sigh. This is confusing and hard Nancy.