anyone used Symplex F? (xpost)

anyone used Symplex F? (xpost)

February 23rd, 2008, 9:30 pm #1

it's a Standard Process Inc. supplement. i got it from my acu. it's kind of freaky: contains bovine ovary PMG extract, bovine adrenal PMG extract, bovine pituitary PMG extract and bovine thyroid PMG extract. definitely not for the vegetarian IFers! just curious if anyone's used it to good result.

i was having a freakout earlier that maybe my ingesting dessicated cow glands could have caused my crazy fsh spike during my IVF cycle (see below), but now thanks to the input i got, i'm thinking no, it was just the bcps. but i am curious about this stuff. i've been taking it for a couple of weeks and suddenly the idea of it is sort of grossing me out!

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 23rd, 2008, 10:33 pm #2

What are you talking about, I couldn't find this info in your other post. Why are you ingesting this?

Carol Ann
Carol Ann

February 23rd, 2008, 10:48 pm #3

it's a Standard Process Inc. supplement. i got it from my acu. it's kind of freaky: contains bovine ovary PMG extract, bovine adrenal PMG extract, bovine pituitary PMG extract and bovine thyroid PMG extract. definitely not for the vegetarian IFers! just curious if anyone's used it to good result.

i was having a freakout earlier that maybe my ingesting dessicated cow glands could have caused my crazy fsh spike during my IVF cycle (see below), but now thanks to the input i got, i'm thinking no, it was just the bcps. but i am curious about this stuff. i've been taking it for a couple of weeks and suddenly the idea of it is sort of grossing me out!
Hi there. I don't have any experience with these supplements, but if it were me I would be wary of them and lean more towards regular herbs. Because if you think about it, how good are these animals being taken care of nutrient wise? What regulations are there with these supplements? A lot of animals are not being fed properly, are on antibiotics, and meat products are constantly being recalled. Know what I mean? I don't want to scare you, but this is the first time I've ever heard of these types of supplements and this is what immediately popped into my mind. I know that there are many products made from animal by-products but for some reason this idea of supplements freaks me out.

Good luck.

February 23rd, 2008, 11:18 pm #4

i do know that Standard Process is considered a reputable company, and i do trust my acu. she wouldn't give me anything risky or dangerous. she is not a fly-by-night operation and is taking the supplements herself, as she is also an IF patient.

i did do some research on the products. symplex f is designed for women and is supposed to normalize hormone levels that are out of wack. here's one article i found:

http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/suppssp/160/

i can understand why many people would not go near this stuff. i'm not so sure about it, but again, i really don't believe that my acu would give me something dangerous. she is a true friend and i talked to her extensively before taking this.

just fyi!

Carol Ann
Carol Ann

February 23rd, 2008, 11:38 pm #5

I missed the part about your acu. They know what they are doing. I thought it might have been something that you found yourself. Well, good luck. Sorry I don't have any answers or personal experience with this. Take care.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 23rd, 2008, 11:50 pm #6

the thyroid gland from pigs. My acupuncturist also gave me symplex F and DH symplex M four months ago. After 6 years of IF, we took a pg test three days ago and it came back +. After peeing on over 200 evil sticks, I had never, ever seen a + test before. Now, I can't say for sure that Symplex F and M helped us or not, but I certainly don't think it hurt.

My TSH was 5.2 and after recently having it checked, it was 1.5
My cycles were non-existent (not ovulating) and they came back regular.

My RE had given up on me and we couldn't afford to continue w/IVF treatments.

I've posted anon because I'm awaiting my beta on Monday.

February 23rd, 2008, 11:58 pm #7

I missed the part about your acu. They know what they are doing. I thought it might have been something that you found yourself. Well, good luck. Sorry I don't have any answers or personal experience with this. Take care.
I had an acu that cared very much about me and took all the things she recommended for me and had dealt with if, but she made me very sick. And she was at an experienced acu fertility clinic.

Just because people are well meaning does not mean what they prescribe is safe -- please be careful with yourself.

Supplements are essentially unregulated. Cow organs are less safe than other animal parts.

I have been in your shoes, trying all sorts of things, and I understand. But the more you research the ingrediants of even well intentioned companies, the more you find that things can go very wrong.

Just sending you a well meaning caution.

Anon Too
Anon Too

February 24th, 2008, 12:12 am #8

the thyroid gland from pigs. My acupuncturist also gave me symplex F and DH symplex M four months ago. After 6 years of IF, we took a pg test three days ago and it came back +. After peeing on over 200 evil sticks, I had never, ever seen a + test before. Now, I can't say for sure that Symplex F and M helped us or not, but I certainly don't think it hurt.

My TSH was 5.2 and after recently having it checked, it was 1.5
My cycles were non-existent (not ovulating) and they came back regular.

My RE had given up on me and we couldn't afford to continue w/IVF treatments.

I've posted anon because I'm awaiting my beta on Monday.
Hi Anonymous,

I wonder why you did not take Armour thyroid to treat your thyroid if your TSH was 5. I wonder whether that would have help you as well?

BTW, big congratulations to your + HPT.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 24th, 2008, 12:24 am #9

I was having adrenal failure, sky-high thyroid (and FSH) levels and my ovaries were pretty much shut down. In order to keep from taking a million different supplements, my acupuncturist suggested that I start on one supplement, Symplex F.

But to answer your question, for some odd reason, Armour gave me the jitters. I kept having the dosage adjusted but I still kept feeling jittery.

Thanks for your congrats.

Sofi
Sofi

February 24th, 2008, 7:37 am #10

Standard Process Denatrophin PMG and their ovary extract. They're powerful glandulars and I noticed more CM, energy and vitality- and both helped me O when I was late. Like thyroid meds I've experimented with, you feel the stuff working at a very deep level. It freaked me out a bit- especially with the bovine risk, so I never took it for more than a week or two. Sometimes even a few days would kick in my system and get me to ovulate. I also took it occasionally before ttc (Denatrophin PMG) when I felt worn out or weak, and I'd feel a strength returned to my body. I've had it around for years, and I think it was a chiro who turned me on to it.

When I took the SP glandulars with other homeopathics, herbs, meds, etc... I sometimes felt worse. Maybe like thyroid meds, it's difficult to get the dose right. I was also worried that somehow by taking glandulars or Thyroid meds, my own borderline thyroid, ovary, etc, would shrink or become lazy and forever after need the extra push to work. In my case anyway, I think this is what happened on things like clomid or HCG- because my cycles are worse/irregular since I took them. So I figured my body may react in a similar way to glandular supplements if I take too much.

But now, I"m really interested....The Simplex seems like it would be a perfect solution- since it has the adreanal (Denatrophin PMG), ovary and thyroid. Maybe they're regulate in proper balance...it makes so much sense.

Has your acupuncturist had anyone get a BFP with it?

Sofi