Anyone see improvements with dietary changes?

Anyone see improvements with dietary changes?

SL
SL

January 23rd, 2012, 4:57 pm #1

I am looking to make some changes in my diet in my growing list of things to try to improve my fertility. I have POF and high FSH.
Looking to cut dairy, wheat, egg, sugar, and caffeine to the best that I can. I've cut caffeine for the most part but am working on the sugar and wheat.
I'd just love to hear if any of you have felt any improvement in your fertility (ovarian response etc).
I know this sort of "diet" will improve my health overall but I would be interested if anyone has really seen any improvement in ovarian response, etc.

MargieD
MargieD

January 23rd, 2012, 5:33 pm #2

I didn't see any improvements with regards to ovarian response.

However, after a year or two, I noticed that I didn't need the caffeine jolt anymore. Sometimes, other things work so much better than caffeine (glass of water, a fruit). I have not drank caffeine since then and it's been four some years.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

January 24th, 2012, 7:16 pm #3

I am looking to make some changes in my diet in my growing list of things to try to improve my fertility. I have POF and high FSH.
Looking to cut dairy, wheat, egg, sugar, and caffeine to the best that I can. I've cut caffeine for the most part but am working on the sugar and wheat.
I'd just love to hear if any of you have felt any improvement in your fertility (ovarian response etc).
I know this sort of "diet" will improve my health overall but I would be interested if anyone has really seen any improvement in ovarian response, etc.
and in fact I was eating whatever and drinking wine and margaritas during my last cycle since I was moving on to DE. I wanted to indulge since I was free of the OE cycling.

But obviously my eating and drinking didn't impact my ability to sprout a single follie that cycle that eventually led to my healthy DD being born this past August.

I did cut out caffeine a couple years back and that was primarily because I wanted to "prep" for the day I'd be PG and would need to cut it out anyway.

If you're fine with making the dietary changes, then go for it. It won't hurt and could improve your overall health. Just be sure to take a Vitamin D and Calcium supplement if you're cutting out dairy altogether (and assuming it was a large part of your diet to begin with).