anyone know about thyroid levels?

anyone know about thyroid levels?

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 1st, 2011, 5:55 pm #1

In June my thyroid was 1.1 and I just retested and it is now 0.6. Is the drop anything to worry about? Is 0.6 too low? My doctor doesn't want to reduce the dosage of synthroid yet. Wants to retest in 6 months.

NancyMN
NancyMN

December 2nd, 2011, 3:01 pm #2

I see a doctor who is very thyroid-friendly, (if that is the right term?), and when he noticed my levels fluctuating, even in the normal ranges, he said that this isn't necessarily what you want to see. My levels went from .3, to 3, to 1.5 ) over a 5 month time period (I can't remember exact numbers but it was more or less like that...I can look it up later, in a rush right now) and he said that he likes to see it more stable, and because it was fluctuating it gave him more evidence that I really needed to take the medicine. I take 30mg 2x daily of armour. I haven't been retested yet, will do it soon. all other doctors I ever saw about my thryoid said I never had any issues (even though I have a million symptoms).

At the same time I was seeing this doctor, i went to a clinic to get help with NFP/BBT charting, and that doctor told me the same thing about my numbers.