Anyone have hysteroscopy?

Anyone have hysteroscopy?

AJ
AJ

December 14th, 2011, 5:11 am #1

I getting one to remove a couple of polyps and fibroids. I hope to get it scheduled this week or next since today is CD1. Otherwise I have to wait until next cycle which will be mid-January. Don't know though, RE says it's a busy time of year for this kind of stuff and finding a room could be hard.

I've had many other procedures so I'm not really nervous, just wondering what to expect: drugs or no drugs, discomfort after, time to heal...

TIA!!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 14th, 2011, 5:13 am #2

if I recall correctly JulesM had hers done at lunchtime without any pain. You can find her on the PG board if you wanted to hear her experience (or don't get enough responses here).

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 14th, 2011, 1:04 pm #3

I getting one to remove a couple of polyps and fibroids. I hope to get it scheduled this week or next since today is CD1. Otherwise I have to wait until next cycle which will be mid-January. Don't know though, RE says it's a busy time of year for this kind of stuff and finding a room could be hard.

I've had many other procedures so I'm not really nervous, just wondering what to expect: drugs or no drugs, discomfort after, time to heal...

TIA!!
I suspect that makes a BIG difference in pain expectation and anesthesia. Mine was painless/ no anesthesia/ very brief, part of a routine exam done at CCRM before allowing a cycle.

Erin
Erin

December 14th, 2011, 2:46 pm #4

TIA!!
I also had a routine hysteroscopy with no drugs (except for perhaps a local anesthetic injected into the cervix) and found it really very unexciting and painless. But I also didn't have anything removed and I agree that will make a difference in terms of if/how they medicate you. Hopefully someone who had something removed can chime in... Please let us know when you're able to schedule it- wishing you luck!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

December 14th, 2011, 3:01 pm #5

TIA!!
Hi...yes I had one after a blood clot was found in my uterus a few months ago. While inside they found several polyps and removed them. I was fully knocked out..it was basically the same as a D and C.

AJ
AJ

December 14th, 2011, 3:03 pm #6

I also had a routine hysteroscopy with no drugs (except for perhaps a local anesthetic injected into the cervix) and found it really very unexciting and painless. But I also didn't have anything removed and I agree that will make a difference in terms of if/how they medicate you. Hopefully someone who had something removed can chime in... Please let us know when you're able to schedule it- wishing you luck!
I just posted this on the pink board too. I didn't realize it was such a routine procedure. But yeah, I imagine with the removal of something there's a little pain involved. I'm trying to figure out how much I'll need DH to help with this. Thanks for responding:)

AJ
AJ

December 14th, 2011, 3:05 pm #7

Hi...yes I had one after a blood clot was found in my uterus a few months ago. While inside they found several polyps and removed them. I was fully knocked out..it was basically the same as a D and C.
When I had my lap I was fully under, with breathing tube and everything. When I had my first D&C it was just valium I think. I was awake but out of it. My 2nd D&C I had nothing and that was really umm, uncomfortable.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

December 14th, 2011, 3:22 pm #8

Asleep....breathing tube. I know that some are not fully under for their D and C's but I was for both of mine.

SMRC
SMRC

December 14th, 2011, 4:35 pm #9

TIA!!
Sept at Cornell to have an adhesion removed. I was fully out for the procedure - I had some mild discomfort and a little spotting that day, but was ok the next. But I really felt lousy for at least 36 hours from the anesthetic I have to admit. That being said, I got out of the hospital at 11 and by 1145 I was accepting an award for my law firm (?). Do not try this! It was ridiculous to do. GL.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 14th, 2011, 5:14 pm #10

TIA!!
recently to remove polyps-I was totally put under, but I also had a lap done and a cyst removal. That said, I did have pain from the hysteroscopy as it was like a D&C, but it subsided fairly quickly (hours afterwards-then mild cramping for a few days). I had bleeding for about 10 days as well. Also, it seemed that it affected my cycles afterwardsone had delayed Ov. By about 3 weeks (which never has happened to me, maybe once in my life), and another very short cycle with short LP (also not normal for me). My doctor suspected it was from the surgery, but dont really know. Everything was back to normal on the 3rd cycle. They gave me painkillers afterwards, I used them only for 2 days.