Anybody know about C.ooper closing in May?

Anybody know about C.ooper closing in May?

March 17th, 2012, 12:46 pm #1

I read on another board that they were going to be closed in May. I assume this may be the annual IVF lab cleaning, but I thought they were doing that in December regularly now (between Christmas and New Years). I know they don't schedule cycles where a retrieval and/or transfer will fall during the lab cleaning closure, but they are usually open for other appts, labwork, IUI's, etc.

Has anybody heard anything about a closing in May?

teresa
teresa

March 17th, 2012, 1:06 pm #2

i am going there on monday and i will ask

alima
alima

March 17th, 2012, 1:58 pm #3

I read on another board that they were going to be closed in May. I assume this may be the annual IVF lab cleaning, but I thought they were doing that in December regularly now (between Christmas and New Years). I know they don't schedule cycles where a retrieval and/or transfer will fall during the lab cleaning closure, but they are usually open for other appts, labwork, IUI's, etc.

Has anybody heard anything about a closing in May?
I asked Dr. Ch,eck about it and he said it they weren't closing in Dec this year. I'll find out about May for you.

March 17th, 2012, 2:06 pm #4

The first year I was working with them, they were closing in March just as I was trying to do a natural IVF cycle. I ended up ovulating early on my own, so it didn't end up mattering. But, after that they started closing during December. I didn't realize that they didn't close this past December. I wonder why they shifted it. It seemed like a good time for them to take a break.

March 17th, 2012, 2:07 pm #5

i am going there on monday and i will ask
I'm assuming it is one week or two at the most, but I'm curious to know exactly when it is.

Nancy
Nancy

March 17th, 2012, 2:20 pm #6

The first year I was working with them, they were closing in March just as I was trying to do a natural IVF cycle. I ended up ovulating early on my own, so it didn't end up mattering. But, after that they started closing during December. I didn't realize that they didn't close this past December. I wonder why they shifted it. It seemed like a good time for them to take a break.
Does this mean you'd get cancelled if for some reason you started your IVF cycle and it was taking too long and the retrieval would have to be in May? If they really close this will for sure set us back 2-3 cycles because I need to take a break after this last IVF (which got cancelleed and was a traumatic experience - will write about later).

I was there week and didn't see any signs that they were closing in May and no one mentioned it. They even suggested taking a month off and starting up again, which would put me into May timeframe. If you don't mind sharing, which board did you see this on? Do any of those girls have more specific information?

Will definitely be calling on Monday, thanks for the heads up.

Nancy

p.s. I did see a sign that their OOT monitoring prices are increasing starting March 24th or so, but the signs didn't say how much..so it's weird if they are closing in May that they wouldn't have also posted something about that?

Erin
Erin

March 17th, 2012, 2:44 pm #7

Hi Nancy- I'm so sorry things didn't go well with your last cycle. From someone who's also had a very traumatic cycle, I'm sorry you went through a bad one as it really is extremely stressful. I'd be curious to hear what happened if you are up for sharing, but understand if you're not. Best of luck with your next one and hope you're able to get some good rest in in the interim.

Nancy
Nancy

March 17th, 2012, 3:19 pm #8

Thanks for your kind words...its been a very hard week of ups and downs...i will definitely share what happened...i have mostly only had access to post via phone so harder to write so have been waiting til i can get on computer again maybe tonight. Thanks for your kind words.
Nancy

March 17th, 2012, 3:25 pm #9

Does this mean you'd get cancelled if for some reason you started your IVF cycle and it was taking too long and the retrieval would have to be in May? If they really close this will for sure set us back 2-3 cycles because I need to take a break after this last IVF (which got cancelleed and was a traumatic experience - will write about later).

I was there week and didn't see any signs that they were closing in May and no one mentioned it. They even suggested taking a month off and starting up again, which would put me into May timeframe. If you don't mind sharing, which board did you see this on? Do any of those girls have more specific information?

Nancy

p.s. I did see a sign that their OOT monitoring prices are increasing starting March 24th or so, but the signs didn't say how much..so it's weird if they are closing in May that they wouldn't have also posted something about that?
I didn't know their OOT monitoring prices were increasing too. If you see any more detail on that, I'd like to know. I don't know when or if I'll get to cycle there again, but I'm trying to keep updated on everything just in case.

I'll go back and track down the post about the May closing and see if there is any more info.

Usually when they close for the annual lab cleaning, they have a cutoff date for starting a cycle. I got cutoff a couple of times when I would have ended up making the deadline for retrieval (based on monitoring on my own at home). But, they are trying to not have you start a cycle and run a little slow and then not be able to do a retrieval. But, as we know, when you are manipulating with Estinyl or such, you may not really know when your follicle is going to pop up and be ready. So, that is harder to plan.

Hopefully, we'll all figure out the closing details.

teresa
teresa

March 17th, 2012, 9:35 pm #10

Nancy

I'm so sorry your cycle got cancelled.
I just want to let you know, you're in my thoughts.
T